Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

29 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Too right.

They always said that Shilton and Clemence would've got loads more England appearances, if it hadn't been for each other.   But I thought Joe Corrigan was just as good as both of them, and he would've got masses more than 9 full England caps without those pair.

And even our own Mark Wallington would've had a decent chance of playing for England, if it hadn't been for those other 3 great goalies.

As good as Clemence was, I think Shilton was better.

In fact, I think Shilton at his peak is the greatest keeper ever (and, yes, that includes Banks).

40 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I think “ played for us” is a bit of an exaggeration - didn’t he play about 3 games in 2 years or something crazy as he was never fit ?

In the last two seasons? First season he played at least 30 games.

A signing I got excited with at the time. Pretty sure he was player of the year at Birmingham the season before?!

43 minutes ago, surrifox said:

I think “ played for us” is a bit of an exaggeration - didn’t he play about 3 games in 2 years or something crazy as he was never fit ?

Was the captain in 2007/08. Played most games. Got a bad injury that ultimately ended his career the following season.

Does anyone else find it odd/strange/weird/uneasy that a lot of the time it takes someone's death to trigger attention of their life achievements? 

There's usually detailed analysis of their journey and lovely messages from people but that person will never know because they're dead!

Bring back "this is your life"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Collymore said:

Does anyone else find it odd/strange/weird/uneasy that a lot of the time it takes someone's death to trigger attention of their life achievements? 

There's usually detailed analysis of their journey and lovely messages from people but that person will never know because they're dead!

Bring back "this is your life"

Apparently Clough said "Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive." lol So true though.

One for the what grinds my gears thread here, but when someone does die and then people come out and start talking about missing them despite the fact they couldn't care about them when they were alive!

• Like 1

Eric Hall dead.

Was he not Dennis Wise’s agent when they were trying to send LCFC into liquidation?

Twitter awash with people’s fond memories and what a great man he was. If I’m remembering correctly that he was side by side with Wise trying to send Leicester City to the wall then he also did some pretty shitty things in his time too...

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Eric Hall dead.

Was he not Dennis Wise’s agent when they were trying to send LCFC into liquidation?

Twitter awash with people’s fond memories and what a great man he was. If I’m remembering correctly that he was side by side with Wise trying to send Leicester City to the wall then he also did some pretty shitty things in his time too...

No one in Leicester will shed any tears for Ewic .....

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Eric Hall dead.

He was. He then made a huge fuss when our owners stopped him from attending the ground after it all happened.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Apparently Clough said "Don't send me flowers when I'm dead. If you like me, send them while I'm alive." lol So true though.

One for the what grinds my gears thread here, but when someone does die and then people come out and start talking about missing them despite the fact they couldn't care about them when they were alive!

This pretty much sums it up for me:

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Eric Hall dead.

“Iconic” football agent who represented Wise, Tim Sherwood, Razor Ruddock and Paul Walsh . Shit guy , even shitter client list . “Monster monster”!!

On 15/11/2020 at 09:25, StanSP said:

Des O'Connor has died. 

On 15/11/2020 at 09:45, TiffToff88 said:

This one surprised me, mainly because I honestly thought he died years ago

On 15/11/2020 at 12:51, Collymore said:

Getting him mixed up with Bob Monkhouse or Bruce Forsyth perhaps? 

Two different versions.......

10 hours ago, surrifox said:

“Iconic” football agent who represented Wise, Tim Sherwood, Razor Ruddock and Paul Walsh . Shit guy , even shitter client list . “Monster monster”!!

So "Monster, Monster" was just the first two names on his client list, then ? lol

• Like 1