Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
leicsmac

Hopes for 2020

5 hours ago, Leicesterpool said:

Health wise is going to be interesting this year being recently diagonosed with crohn's disease and going to be on even more mediciation so hope that doesn't affect me too much. 

Fellow Crohn's sufferer of the last 15 years here mate. I hope the meds do the job and you don't have too many flare up's. Best of luck for a healthy 2020 :thumbup: 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bovril said:

Personally I need to sleep more and be healthier. I say this every year but this winter I've been knackered. Can't burn the candle at both ends anymore. Also maybe become a father.

In terms of football, a cup final and top 4 would be amazing. But really just a continuation of what we've seen since March - exciting, committed football.

As a society I hope we begin to move on from the obsession with winning and getting one over on the other side. What's good for one of us is good for all of us.

Hmmm, I wonder if there might be a potential inconsistency here.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Izzy said:

Fellow Crohn's sufferer of the last 15 years here mate. I hope the meds do the job and you don't have too many flare up's. Best of luck for a healthy 2020 :thumbup: 

Cheers mate, it's going to be struggle but from what gather you can still live and carry on with it. 

• Like 1

Just wanna do my mum proud. Her death has made me realise not to get caught up too much in work shit. My job is so high pressure but I need to see the bigger picture.

Personal goals will be losing at least a stone in fat and then just having a good time. Off to nyc in March so saving to have a complete blowout of a holiday there. 

• Like 1

Get a new job and get less fat. Fairly standard, but I've been in the same job since I was 18, and I'm currently at my heaviest weight ever. I'm also aiming to have a house deposit by the end of the year. Fun time ahead.

7 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

What's DY pal?

It's a play on words: DY v. DIY - "Do Yourself" instead of "Do It Yourself".

It's a street slang reference to masturbation, I fear, but a clean-living man like yourself won't want to get involved in filth like that.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

It's a play on words: DY v. DIY - "Do Yourself" instead of "Do It Yourself".

It's a street slang reference to masturbation, I fear, but a clean-living man like yourself won't want to get involved in filth like that.

Not just clean living my friend, with the abundance of ladies that are attracted to me (including Mrs Bentley), I have no need to partake in such activity.

• Like 1

On 31/12/2019 at 12:46, Ross-Kemp said:

I like the thread idea, good shout @leicsmac

- On a professional level, I stated a new job at the beginning of November. It has the potential to make me a lot of money, I want to become consistent in my role to have multiple good months instead of being up and down. As I have a lot more free time now, I’d like to use this time wisely, getting myself into the gym and perhaps some charity work.

- On a personal level, I’ve just brought a house. I’d like to be financially stable by the end of 2020 and more financially responsible. This includes clearing all of my debts and hopefully paying extra off my mortgage to reduce the term. 

Where did you bring it from?

Sorry, I'm off to the Pedantry Central topic...

Edited by Parafox

21 hours ago, Izzy said:

A bit off topic Izzy, but how was your Christmas with your daughter? We have just had the best time with our own difficult daughter due mainly to her current stability. I hope yours wasn't too stressful.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Parafox said:

A bit off topic Izzy, but how was your Christmas with your daughter? We have just had the best time with our own difficult daughter due mainly to her current stability. I hope yours wasn't too stressful.

Bless you for asking mate and I'm really happy for you that you've had a great time with your own daughter. 

I guess we're hoping and praying for the same stability you mentioned. My daughter is up and down but the downs are very difficult to manage. On Boxing Day night we had the neighbors across the road knocking on our door at midnight in their pajamas worried about the screaming and were ready to call the Police so we had to explain that she was having one of her meltdowns.

She's starting CBT on the NHS soon and is seeing her private therapist again next week. It's horrible to watch extreme OCD and be totally helpless. The more I try and control her and interfere, the worse it gets. I don't know what else we can do apart from get her professional help. It's a nightmare.

• Sad 2

My academic targets are very clear - to hopefully get into either of the universities in Newcastle to study the degree that I want to do.

In my spare time I want to carry on enjoying following the foxes and attending gigs / concerts to see people I really like. 

But above all, after a challenging year in 2019 I just hope for happiness and good health for my friends and family and fellow FTers on here :thumbup:

• Like 1

On 31/12/2019 at 21:17, Dr Marco said:

LCFC qualify for Champions' League & Wembley final

This final? :ph34r:

For me:

Personal - Save the deposit for a first house, learn to drive

Health/Fitness - Improve my diet, take better care of my mental health, keep running and avoid injury, finally run a marathon.

Work - Get a promotion to the next 'tier', or move up the ladder elsewhere.

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Matt_Lcfc said:

My academic targets are very clear - to hopefully get into either of the universities in Newcastle to study the degree that I want to do.

In my spare time I want to carry on enjoying following the foxes and attending gigs / concerts to see people I really like. 

But above all, after a challenging year in 2019 I just hope for happiness and good health for my friends and family and fellow FTers on here :thumbup:

Good choice of uni city. You’ll have a great time. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1