Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Would be great if we could do something like this in the extension. 

Went to watch the Tigers today.

Interestingly, Cardiff Blues had a bunch of fans (and drum) who sang song after song after song today.  Good banter and they certainly seemed to put a few beers down them whilst on the terrace with it.  Never any trouble of course, but made for a good atmosphere win the rival fans. Loads of chants/songs.

Tigers fan near me said "we've only got 2 chants".............

Mate with me said his work colleague (Man U fan - Home and away including abroad), judges the opposition not on the players, on the pitch etc, but by the opposition fans performance and atmosphere, song selection, chants etc. Whilst often criticising his own team at home, he says (and to a degree I think he's correct), we're relegation spots for songs/chants (and selection of).  Basically, we're nothing special at all compared to others with our singing, particularly at home.

Certainly at home we are a bit one trick pony (majority) when it comes to fans and the singing. I think without the clappers it would be pretty bad sometimes.

I think the Ultras need a proper dedicated spot in the KOP, a whole section allowing them to whip things up and naturally the songs they sing will resonate better around the ground and the rest of the fans hear them and pick up on the words.  Get those lads (and more of them) into a whole block and go for it.

Little pockets of dedicated fans (loads of songs) just isn't working and the rest sit there with the clappers, not knowing hardly a word.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Interestingly, Cardiff Blues had a bunch of fans (and drum) who sang song after song after song today.  Good banter and they certainly seemed to put a few beers down them whilst on the terrace with it.  Never any trouble of course, but made for a good atmosphere win the rival fans. Loads of chants/songs.

Mate with me said his work colleague (Man U fan - Home and away including abroad), judges the opposition not on the players, on the pitch etc, but by the opposition fans performance and atmosphere, song selection, chants etc. Whilst often criticising his own team at home, he says (and to a degree I think he's correct), we're relegation spots for songs/chants (and selection of).  Basically, we're nothing special at all compared to others with our singing, particularly at home.

Certainly at home we are a bit one trick pony (majority) when it comes to fans and the singing. I think without the clappers it would be pretty bad sometimes.

I think the Ultras need a proper dedicated spot in the KOP, a whole section allowing them to whip things up and naturally the songs they sing will resonate better around the ground and the rest of the fans hear them and pick up on the words.  Get those lads (and more of them) into a whole block and go for it.

Little pockets of dedicated fans (loads of songs) just isn't working and the rest sit there with the clappers, not knowing hardly a word.

I'd love us to get some newer songs going and get the ground rocking. Would hopefully mean we could get rid of the F off Maguire one too. 

Agree would be preferential to have all the groups together to get a huge area going, assume a lot would then migrate in and around the area too. 

In comparison to most teams, we seem to have a similar number of chants we go to. Obviously isn't great, but isn't the worst possible. Need a few catchy ones like the Ulloa one going again. 

I went a week back and have to say the rugby atmosphere was very different to what I was used to! 

45 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

.Don't want to rain on anyone's parade.

LCFC  terms and conditions as followed by other clubs.

13 Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground.

14 The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures within the Ground

So you're suggesting the club ask several long time supporters to move seats then set up an area so a few new-wave supporters can sing and stand? Turning a casual blind eye is one thing to isolated standing, legitimising it is another.

I applaud what these young guys are trying to do but they are a tiny minority of the support and not as relevant as they'd like to think. Unless sitting near there as I do can't be heard anywhere else in the ground. 

The entire ground need to sing as often is the case, not just a selected few catered for.

Edited by Bob Hazels shorts

25 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

13 Nobody may stand in any seating area whilst play is in progress. Persistent standing in seated areas whilst play is in progress is strictly forbidden and may result in ejection from the Ground.

14 The obstruction of gangways, access ways, exits and entrances, stairways and like places is strictly forbidden. Nobody entering the Ground shall be permitted to climb any structures within the Ground

So you're suggesting the club ask several long time supporters to move seats then set up an area so a few new-wave supporters can sing and stand? Turning a casual blind eye is one thing to isolated standing, legitimising it is another.

I applaud what these young guys are trying to do but they are a tiny minority of the support and not as relevant as they'd like to think. Unless sitting near there as I do can't be heard anywhere else in the ground. 

The entire ground need to sing as often is the case, not just a selected few catered for.

Are the implementation of those rules quoted,carried out by the local Council?Leicester City Council being quite strict.Or at least were.

22 minutes ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

The poster never mentioned standing, you just assumed. Other than that you talk rubbish too.

Having a section will encourage others to join in, it will help the rest of the ground join in as it's louder when a 1,000 or so sing together in a section rather than 100 here, another 100 the other side of the stadium, another 50 here and there. Congregating everyone into one section will definitely help the atmosphere. Have a look at most of Europe, they are way beyond English football. The PL/English football used to have a reputation for atmosphere that everyone envied. Not anymore.

It's a shame that people like you don't care about improving the atmosphere one bit because it is a key part to a football club.

I fully understand that at the minute, creating a section would cause inconveniences to some. However, maybe they can stay where they are but join in and help create that atmosphere. I am sure there are plenty of others who sit somewhere where most people can't be bothered to make any noise other than moaning.

• Like 2

Whilst I think it's ludicrous to think we'd be something like Juventus overnight, allowing the KOP to become home to more flags/banners, yes (turn a blind eye) standing and specific Ultras area(s) those fans wanting this will migrate there and the rest will move away.

Juventus has a ground similar in size to the one most on here think will happen 42,500 (I don't agree with, but that's on another post).

This is the end where their Ultras all sit:

Image result for juventus stadium fans

18 minutes ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

Whilst I think it's ludicrous to think we'd be something like Juventus overnight, allowing the KOP to become home to more flags/banners, yes (turn a blind eye) standing and specific Ultras area(s) those fans wanting this will migrate there and the rest will move away.

Juventus has a ground similar in size to the one most on here think will happen 42,500 (I don't agree with, but that's on another post).

This is the end where their Ultras all sit:

Image result for juventus stadium fans

It’s not really a ‘Kop’ though. It’s a north stand... KOP implies that’s where the loud supporters gather, that’s not the case at LCFC at all. 

Edited by Meat and 2 veg

21 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

If nothing else can we please stop assuming that everyone who wants to stand all game, sing all game, and generally help create a better atmosphere is male, young, and a new fan? 

Nah, it doesn't suit their agenda to acknowledge there are males and females of all ages wanting to do this. So much easier to label them all as kids. All old people want to do is moan - except me of course.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

We, the fans, need to get a grip at home. Utterly negative yesterday and woefully quiet. Quick to criticise and even boo at the end. Dreadful. We all need to make more effort.

Yeah fully agree. Bring back the vibe when conceding at home first season back in the prem..few seconds of silent disappointment then huge cheer off everyone before we kick off again... come on Leicester, come on Leicester

The problem is that everyting has become forced with clappers and regimentented songs that obviously no-one wants to join in with, if they did this thread wouldn't even be here. Somehow the club needs to get the singing sections either side of the away fans because, sorry to say, at the moment it ain't happening and the enthusism is being drained from the support.

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

The problem is that everyting has become forced with clappers and regimentented songs that obviously no-one wants to join in with, if they did this thread wouldn't even be here. Somehow the club needs to get the singing sections either side of the away fans because, sorry to say, at the moment it ain't happening and the enthusism is being drained from the support.

No, the problem is people don't want to join in with *any* songs. Every game in SK1 you've got 60-odd years worth of Leicester chants being sung at least once or twice a game.

3 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

And why don't people want to join in?

Because they can't be arsed

See my above post

There is a complete lack of interest, so many can only manage to watch 30 minutes before ****ing off for a pie. Then, they can't even muster up enough interest to stay beyond the 85th minute when there is only one goal in it. 

It's easier to sit down and let someone else support the players for you. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lako42 said:

Why? because you don't like it?

Maybe they should run all song ideas past the people who don't bother joining in to see whether they approve?

No i don't, it's the shittiest, most depressing song i've ever heard at a football ground, but, obviously everyone else in the kop is enthralled by it, so i'll just have to put up with it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

No i don't, it's the shittiest, most depressing song i've ever heard at a football ground, but, obviously everyone else in the kop is enthralled by it, so i'll just have to put up with it.

Yes, yes you will

Got any ideas for a replacement?

24 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Well, try binning that Maddison one off for a start. 

What's the reason people didn't join in with Vichai had a dream against Villa then? As it's been mentioned above people aren't getting on board with any songs at the moment. 

Edited by Sol thewall Bamba