Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

46 minutes ago, Lako42 said:

Because they can't be arsed

See my above post

There is a complete lack of interest, so many can only manage to watch 30 minutes before ****ing off for a pie. Then, they can't even muster up enough interest to stay beyond the 85th minute when there is only one goal in it. 

It's easier to sit down and let someone else support the players for you. 

I take great offence to this, you leave it any later then 30 minutes and you're not making second half!!! I demand an apology as there is mitigation to this, the club need to sort the catering out for me to stay the whole 45 mins lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rusko187 said:

I take great offence to this, you leave it any later then 30 minutes and you're not making second half!!! I demand an apology as there is mitigation to this, the club need to sort the catering out for me to stay the whole 45 mins lol

I find eating before and after the game allows me to do the thing iv'e gone to the stadium to do. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, FoxesDeb said:

If nothing else can we please stop assuming that everyone who wants to stand all game, sing all game, and generally help create a better atmosphere is male, young, and a new fan? 

I sit right on the edge of the section in LK1. What I see are mostly young, mostly male and there's no way they can't be relatively new fans as they clearly haven't been on the planet long enough to be established supporters.

We do need succession and its great to see so many new faces over the more recent successful years. We've had a fantastic past decade that has understandably seen the average attendance jump by 10.000

Without all of those miserable old gits that are constantly lambasted for not wanting to jump up and down singing dreary wordy songs or give up their seats there wouldn't be a club.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

The poster never mentioned standing, you just assumed. Other than that you talk rubbish too.

Having a section will encourage others to join in, it will help the rest of the ground join in as it's louder when a 1,000 or so sing together in a section rather than 100 here, another 100 the other side of the stadium, another 50 here and there. Congregating everyone into one section will definitely help the atmosphere. Have a look at most of Europe, they are way beyond English football. The PL/English football used to have a reputation for atmosphere that everyone envied. Not anymore.

It's a shame that people like you don't care about improving the atmosphere one bit because it is a key part to a football club.

I fully understand that at the minute, creating a section would cause inconveniences to some. However, maybe they can stay where they are but join in and help create that atmosphere. I am sure there are plenty of others who sit somewhere where most people can't be bothered to make any noise other than moaning.

I think even a potted plant would have the intelligence to realise that standing would've been meant.

I think its dangerous for the club to ask established supporters to move from there chosen seats of 18 years away from their mates etc

I'd be happy to move from that section to better seats and maybe a formal voluntary exchange scheme could happen? 

Its a romantic naive notion though to think the club will enforce movement

• Like 2

Wouldn't the obvious thing to do be swap P1 section with the Sk1 section and have two family sections, one being the rest of the north stand and the reletively quite south stand corner. Theres never any trouble in the kop anyway, always seems to be between the away fans and P1. The club could then impliment safe standing either side of the away fans plus be able to re locate a relatively small amount of fans.

1 hour ago, Rusko187 said:

So true

37 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Leicester's "Kop" is anti-swearing lol 

We just haven’t got it mate and never will have, I’ve come to the conclusion. We’re a different breed I swear to god it defies belief lol 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 4

53 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Wouldn't the obvious thing to do be swap P1 section with the Sk1 section and have two family sections, one being the rest of the north stand and the reletively quite south stand corner. Theres never any trouble in the kop anyway, always seems to be between the away fans and P1. The club could then impliment safe standing either side of the away fans plus be able to re locate a relatively small amount of fans.

This seems the best approach to me for now. However, I think if the club will do anything it will be once the expansion happens. So they will probably wait before they cause any backlash to themselves until then.

1 hour ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

I sit right on the edge of the section in LK1. What I see are mostly young, mostly male and there's no way they can't be relatively new fans as they clearly haven't been on the planet long enough to be established supporters.

We do need succession and its great to see so many new faces over the more recent successful years. We've had a fantastic past decade that has understandably seen the average attendance jump by 10.000

Without all of those miserable old gits that are constantly lambasted for not wanting to jump up and down singing dreary wordy songs or give up their seats there wouldn't be a club.

Are they not worthy to support the club or have a view as to how to improve it?

Don't those people mentioned in your last line support Leicester Tigers.

If you think this club should be built on old people sitting in quiet for 90 minutes then you really have missed a point. Everyone can attend a game, everyone can choose whether they want to join in or not when chanting. However, it would be much better if those people were allocated into areas so everyone can enjoy company of like minded people. It's not rocket science.

Like I have said many times, the expansion is the best opportunity for the club to do something without too many people being offended.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Are they not worthy to support the club or have a view as to how to improve it?

Don't those people mentioned in your last line support Leicester Tigers.

If you think this club should be built on old people sitting in quiet for 90 minutes then you really have missed a point. Everyone can attend a game, everyone can choose whether they want to join in or not when chanting. However, it would be much better if those people were allocated into areas so everyone can enjoy company of like minded people. It's not rocket science.

Like I have said many times, the expansion is the best opportunity for the club to do something without too many people being offended.

What are you thoughts on this one?

I can't see swathes of folk leaving the Kop to a top tier on the East stand which chances are will be a lot of money.

2 hours ago, Bob Hazels shorts said:

How old do you have to be, to be an established supporter? Asking for a mate. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

What are you thoughts on this one?

I can't see swathes of folk leaving the Kop to a top tier on the East stand which chances are will be a lot of money.

I always saw it as moving the away fans (maybe into the top tier if the East Stand gets the addition). Then M blocks become singing sections (possibly with rail seating installed) along with L1.

Apart from that, haven't given it much more thought. Certainly seems the easiest way without having to move people.

Summarising so far: 

1) Some don't want to join in because of the swearing.

2) In reference to point 1, some fans come to watch football but don't like bad language? 

3) You have to be a certain age to be an established supporter.

4) Our fan base is shocking at creating atmosphere. Fact.

• Like 4

Said it before but where I am, middle of the Kop, there's often UnionFS singing and people at the back of the Kop singing and it's two seperate chants. L1 probably singing something totally different too.

I think a good start would be getting everyone in the middle of the Kop singing the same song. But I know that won't happen for various reasons.

Edited by Fox92
  • Like 2