Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

46 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Negative football?  70% of the possession and 20-3 in shots.  It wasn't remotely clinical in the final third and the buildup was too deliberate at times, but I hardly think it was negative.

70% of possession that went sideways isn't positive football. 

16 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

70% of possession that went sideways isn't positive football. 

Are you choosing to ignore the fact we had 20 shots or? I’m confused. I agree we probably didn’t keep the ball moving forwards as much as we should have last night but we got far enough forward to carve out 20 shooting chances. It might not have been as fluid as we’ve become used to but to call that last night “negative football” is just a cop out response. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Manini said:

Are you choosing to ignore the fact we had 20 shots or? I’m confused. I agree we probably didn’t keep the ball moving forwards as much as we should have last night but we got far enough forward to carve out 20 shooting chances. It might not have been as fluid as we’ve become used to but to call that last night “negative football” is just a cop out response. 

I'm not ignoring that at all. I'm saying, the majority of the time chilwell got the ball, it went backwards, and played along the back 3. There was no pace to the passing. If you were at the game last night you'd agree it wasn't exactly positive football. 

Positive football, is taking players on, trying to play passes that break the lines. Like we started to do in the second half but never got going.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

In SK4 tonight , normally in SK2, sat in the west stand last Saturday. 

All very quiet 

Our home support must be some of the worst in the country and our team is one of the best. 

Very sad, must try and get things better 

Did you attempt to get anything going?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Manini said:

Being at the game makes no difference in this aspect - my eyes work I know what I saw whether that’s on the telly or sat in the east stand. 

Right so your gripe is with Chilwell and that’s one single aspect of the whole game. He was utter pony last night I totally agree, but was Ricardo not picking the ball up from deep and taking men on? Was Perez not popping up in good areas and bringing others in to play in the first half? Was Hamza not winning the ball back and spraying it forward as quick as possible to unlock their defence when he came on? 

If Perez scored a hat-trick one week but Barnes on the opposite wing couldn’t complete a pass, you wouldn’t say “the wingers were ****ing terrible”. There were really disappointing aspects last night but we weren’t playing negative football. That’s what I’m trying to say. 

Semi-agree. I admit im probably being slightly harsh saying negative, however, I feel Rodgers got it wrong.

Hamza played very well and desered MOTM, but the first half was negative. As I said, the second half was a lot better but not great. We looked lost, players looked tired and there was no creation. At one point Evans was pulling the strings on the edge of the centre circle in their half!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TrickyTrev Benjamin said:

Does anyone else find “ the boys in blue” a boring chant ? I wish we could go back to singing against the away fans. Going down was the loudest chant of the night. 

Personally think it's our best one. It's actually original, but never catches on because it's longer than two lines.

12 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

It's just reality - most people don't feel that way and never will.  You can complain about it nonstop but that's not going to change it.

I suspect if the circumstances were repeated in the FA Cup, you'd see a little more tension (which is what was really missing) in the crowd, given the additional history (both generally and LCFC-specific) associated with that competition.  It still wouldn't match an important league game or for gosh sakes a CL match, but it would probably be a couple notches more amped than last night.

So by your logic Southampton on Saturday will be rocking?

5 minutes ago, K1FOX said:

So by your logic Southampton on Saturday will be rocking?

Well I don't think that qualifies as an especially noteworthy league game, though they all matter when you're trying to qualify for the CL.  I would expect it to be a little livelier than the Villa game, though.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

Well I don't think that qualifies as an especially noteworthy league game, though they all matter when you're trying to qualify for the CL.  I would expect it to be a little livelier than the Villa game, though.

You’re in for a shock then. I dread to think what Wembley will be like if we get there. I think some people don’t join in just because they think it’ll wind up the people who do as crazy as it sounds.

I think this thread is poor, people aren’t moaning enough about the atmosphere. I really hope the seventh one of the week will contain some better gripes. It might get better if we had two of these threads a day? More whiney threads about the noise fans make please, Foxestalkers. Up your game. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I was poor last night 

I need to see my performance coach so that I can rap my clapper louder

Good to see some self reflection and responsibilty........do you think you lacked Qualiteee.. or Intensiteeee?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Nail on the head. Even at Liverpool, after the initial YNWA rendition, the atmosphere is bang average.

It's unrealistic to expect the crowd to shout / sing / cheer constantly all through the game. Average age is probably 40. People support their club in different ways; not everybody likes chants like the Soyuncu one, but if you don't join in, you get slagged off next day for being quiet and not supporting your team. 

Frankly, I get fed up by all these so called real supporters having a go at all the older fans. I'm 67, been going every year since 63. I sit in SK2 encouraging the lads all the time with "come on Leicester" throughout most of the game. I'm a real fan into 400 justified away points. Just because I don't join in with the uninspiring chants conjured up by Union FS or whoever (except for the Dusty Springfield one, which is ace) doesn't mean I deserve the constant negative comments from all you newby's. 

If you showed some respect to your fellow fans you might get more positive response, but your holier than thou attitude has worn well thin. Anyway, rant over and to end on a positive note, I thought the singing section against Wigan was an excellent effort. 

Do you join in at away games?

Billy Connolly did a great bit on the national anthem being sang/ played before a sporting event and basically how dreary, slow and inspiring it was and suggested in jest something more lifting like the theme from the archers. Our N/A sounds like a death march.

Obviously a lot of work goes into our songs but imo most are over complected, dull and over thought. I find myself cringing at some. When we are out sung our opposition always hits us with uplifting tunes with few lyrics.

Keep it simple and lively, more Kasabian than Pink Floyd

Full marks though for 'Vichai had a dream'

First legs are always weird because nothing is settled. Even if we had lost on Wednesday it would still be all to play for. That's one reason why the atmosphere can get weird. 

The other is on the pitch. We were poor Frist half and that got to the fans. Much better second half and the atmosphere turned up a notch or two at the same time.

8 hours ago, BoyJones said:

Nail on the head. Even at Liverpool, after the initial YNWA rendition, the atmosphere is bang average.

It's unrealistic to expect the crowd to shout / sing / cheer constantly all through the game. Average age is probably 40. People support their club in different ways; not everybody likes chants like the Soyuncu one, but if you don't join in, you get slagged off next day for being quiet and not supporting your team. 

Frankly, I get fed up by all these so called real supporters having a go at all the older fans. I'm 67, been going every year since 63. I sit in SK2 encouraging the lads all the time with "come on Leicester" throughout most of the game. I'm a real fan into 400 justified away points. Just because I don't join in with the uninspiring chants conjured up by Union FS or whoever (except for the Dusty Springfield one, which is ace) doesn't mean I deserve the constant negative comments from all you newby's. 

If you showed some respect to your fellow fans you might get more positive response, but your holier than thou attitude has worn well thin. Anyway, rant over and to end on a positive note, I thought the singing section against Wigan was an excellent effort. 

Love it how the people who don’t sing and join in get so defensive but blame it on the only people in the ground who really do

• Like 2

Just a thought, and apologies if this has been mentioned already in this thread, but does anyone else think the drop in atmosphere around the ground could be down to the way tickets are sold now?

I don't know if anyone else has experienced this at all but for PL games this year, its been quite rare for games to get to general sale, as it tends to go through a number of membership levels and STH before gen sale. It feels like previous years a lot more games got to gen sale or members had less time to purchase them before it did anyway.

I'm one of those fans who doesn't have a ST but have, on average, been able to get down to 6/7/8 home games each year when they have been available, and there's a lot of my friends and family who have done the same. This year feels very different and as a result I've only been able to get to a couple of PL games so far and the next few are all sold out before gen sale so it will be a while, if at all, before I can go.

I just have this feeling a lot of similar fans to me, who are always happy to sing and get behind the boys, can no longer get to as many games, and those who (rightfully I might add) have purchased memberships this year in particular, might not necessarily be fans that have been supporting us for very long or similar.

This isn't a gripe at all, I have had a membership previously, but didn't get one this season and last, but thisseason in particular it seems a lot harder to get gen sale tickets and it's coincided with a drop in the KP's atmosphere. Might be a stretch but just wondered what other people thought?

I know generally atmospheres in this country are poor but at some of the bigger club's grounds, when they get going they're great.

I bet the Villa one will be good for the second leg and whilst Everton fans hate football, when Baines equalised, it felt like noise was coming from every pocket of the ground. 

I'm not whinging at the West Stand for not getting involved, but I just mean even when it picks up at our place it sounds like it's just the Kop and some of East Stand.

Edited by RonnieTodger
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

I know generally atmospheres in this country are poor but at some of the bigger club's grounds, when they get going they're great.

I bet the Villa one will be good for the second leg and whilst Everton fans hate football, when Baines equalised, it felt like noise was coming from every pocket of the ground. 

I'm not whinging at the West Stand for not getting involved, but I just mean even when it picks up at our place it sounds like it's just the Kop and some of East Stand.

I remember watching that Everton game when they equalised, the camera panned to an elderly lady singing along to 'by far the greatest team'. Our elderley ladies tell other fans to sit down and shout when they don't.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2