Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Frustratingly I think they won’t have paid presumably a load of money to upgrade the lights to only then bin it after two goes at it.

There's a **** load of lights sat in the KP car park next to the remembrance garden, if they are the former lights I hope they find a worthy home, would be handy for a non-league club 

• Like 2

It's the Carabao Cup, it's not that big a deal to most people, fans attending the match included.  You'd never think so judging by the comments here, but it you only ever looked at twitter Bernie Sanders would be president and Jeremy Corbyn would be PM.

12 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

In SK4 tonight , normally in SK2, sat in the west stand last Saturday. 

All very quiet 

Our home support must be some of the worst in the country and our team is one of the best. 

Very sad, must try and get things better 

Can only echo this sit in SK2 myself but was in SK4 last night. It makes you appreciate the efforts made by UFS and other like minded supporters near them. It's a completely different experience when sat anywhere else in the grounded excluding L1 in my opinion.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

It's the Carabao Cup, it's not that big a deal to most people, fans attending the match included.  You'd never think so judging by the comments here, but it you only ever looked at twitter Bernie Sanders would be president and Jeremy Corbyn would be PM.

It’s the semi-final and a fantastic opportunity for the club to potentially win it! Thought last night was going to be rocking. Big effort needed for the away leg now. 

14 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

If you're a Leicester City supporter with that attitude, you need to give your head a wobble.

Last time I felt pre-match nerves like last night was the Champions League knockout fixtures.

It's just reality - most people don't feel that way and never will.  You can complain about it nonstop but that's not going to change it.

I suspect if the circumstances were repeated in the FA Cup, you'd see a little more tension (which is what was really missing) in the crowd, given the additional history (both generally and LCFC-specific) associated with that competition.  It still wouldn't match an important league game or for gosh sakes a CL match, but it would probably be a couple notches more amped than last night.

Edited by Deeg67

Absolutely will agree that the atmosphere at times is more than lacking, and when there's a wall of silence against the few of us singing it can be frustrating.

But boy oh boy this feels like the fifth moan about atmosphere in about two weeks. We're going round in circles making the same arguments and points over and over and over again.

I’ve not read the full thread but I’m getting the sense that the take on here is that a few of our lot think we’re above the league cup? Utterly ridiculous. 

Trophies are trophies! Man City should be focusing on winning the champions league with their squad but it doesn’t stop them mopping this competition up season on season. Utterly ridiculous. 

• Like 2

You guys are so ****ing negative about everything. Was good second half. I dunno if you guys have missed the last 20/30 years but home grounds just are never going to be 100% volume from everybody, the demographics are just different now. Add to that a nervy start from the team, and credit where it's due, one of the loudest away ends I have ever heard and you get the first half atmosphere which was admittedly a little quiet.

Is there a such a thing as good home atmosphere anywhere in the country these days? Everyone has the odd ten minutes here and there but there isnt a ground i have been to where i have thought the crowd having been chanting more than they havent. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I get as fed up as anyone when I go to a game and the atmosphere is crap because half our fans prefer to moan at every sideways pass rather than support the team. But it is getting dead boring seeing the same names make the same comments every week because their ideal of how a person should act inside a football stadium and what their attitude to football should be isn't met. 

It's a shame that the club prefers a top-down approach rather than a bottom-up approach (they can do both tbf) to the atmosphere and is not proactive in enabling the fans by starting a singing section to group like-minded individuals. That's what should happen, maybe then energies wouldn't spill into frustration at the other fans. 

I went last night and the atmosphere was great in patches.  But the thing is, when you have a period of the game where City just ping passes along the back line waiting for openings then of course the atmosphere is gonna die off.  The first half in particular was chock full of it.  The first half was mostly played in our half of the pitch, yet we must have had 70 percent of the ball.  What does that tell you.

I think our fans are great, but you can only cheer and get enthusiastic sometimes by what you see on the pitch. And in the first half particularly last night, no one knew what to do with the ball, there was no movement, so we just pinged it around at the back playing keep ball.  That's not exciting and the average fan won't see the point of it (even if some fans do)  

Edited by kristianity77

27 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

Wasn't a great atmosphere imo. Seville at home was the pinnacle in recent years, if we hadn't have played such negative football it would've been better im sure.

Negative football?  70% of the possession and 20-3 in shots.  It wasn't remotely clinical in the final third and the buildup was too deliberate at times, but I hardly think it was negative.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Negative football?  70% of the possession and 20-3 in shots.  It wasn't remotely clinical in the final third and the buildup was too deliberate at times, but I hardly think it was negative.

On another day we stick 4 or 5 past Villa in the same game. Vardy on his day would have had at least 2 goals yesterday but he's obviously not at 100%.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Wolfox said:

I brought some balloons…. Nobody else seemed to get the memo other than a couple or in SK1…. 

in general I thought the atmosphere was ok today…. Got roaring at some points…

Someone mentioned that UnionFS bought a load of balloons but opted not to take them after the club announced the pre-match light show, as it would've ruined the effect when releasing 2k+ balloons in the dark...

• Thanks 1