Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Hollyfox

Our fans performance

On 08/01/2020 at 23:00, Leicester_Loyal said:

Our home support must be one of the worst in the country? Have a day off. We're not the best by any means but we've always been up there as one of the best clubs for home atmosphere. It wasn't amazing tonight but it was decent. Our trouble is we'll always be compared to the title winning season, when our atmosphere was amazing, so it'll always look stale compared to that.

Its not good enough where i sit . Surely it should be the nearly same for every game ? , ok can't be great always, but should be expected every game ?  2nd in the league and maybe a cup final is not enough to get fans singing and creating an amazing atmosphere like then  ? 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Unfortunately there’s a whole cultural shift.

Growing up I was addicted to the noise and remember the League Cup Semi Finals at Filbo as electric. That was the attraction for me. 

Now the attraction is a sodding lights show. 

Football previously had this natural way how the Make up of crowds constantly changed. Now and it’s not only us that it doesn’t happen. It’s appears so difficult if you were a young parent to get your kids tickets on regular basis. 

So you have a scenario which is going to pop soon. You have a family stand sold out for season tickets since we were promoted. What happens when the kids turn 18? And they can’t sit in that stand and neither can their parents? Where do they sit? 

Because there’s no one moving from the Kop and that as an older demographic as the years have passed. Then it’s knock on’s. It’s probably the same in L1 where the faces are getting older. 

So you have this stagnation which has happened to degree in our away support with a priority system which takes years to catch up on people who haven’t gone an away game in three years. 

This isn’t unique to us. It’s happening at most clubs. 

Some good points here.

Although I would point out that whilst the 2nd leg League Cup semi finals against Sunderland (1999) and Villa (2000) were cracking atmospheres, the 1st leg Semi final against Wimbledon (1997) was pretty crap.    The main reason being ... it was a 1st leg!.   The 2nd leg away to Wimbledon (at Selhurst Park) was a superb atmosphere.  One of the best cup ties ever, actually.

The other point is valid, and you could say the problem is simply caused by success.   Historically, we get relegated after a few seasons, get crap crowds, this filters out 1000's of part time fans - both home and away,  this allows a new set of fans to come along, and we eventually start all over again.

Our "problem" (so to speak), is that we are still being successful ... and this is giving no room for the regular clear-the-decks cyclical ups and downs.

Obviously, I don't want us to get shit again - just to clear out all the dead wood.   So a ground expansion, is the only solution.

• Like 1

Boos embarrassing. 80% of the KOP’s efforts to spur the boys on second half (not been many times this season where they’ve looked lost) was even more embarrassing. 

A lot go on about how fans who want to create an atmosphere are ‘entitled’. The only people letting off vibes of being entitled are those who sit there and wait for the ball to go in the net and not think that it’s their job as a fan to help the players when they’re struggling. 

English football is dead

• Like 3

Just now, StanSP said:

There were only 1000 of them to be fair.

Thought they were fine with their goals but quiet otherwise.

Some of our fans are turning in to proper entitled cvnts as well. Booing our players was a pathetic move.

I agree there are some people who arrive at a game ready to criticise player X, and gladly dish it out at every opportunity.

But I do understand the frustrations when we're a goal down in stoppage time and playing keep ball in our own half.

There's a lot of negativity in our play and I just hope fans and players alike can lift the cloud. Still a lot to play for!

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I had someone next to me say, after Southampton got a free-kick correctly, 'oh the ref's wife probably supports Southampton' lol 

That’s the sort of thing my mum says 😂

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Abroad you get fans going quite extreme with their criticism, they will go to the clubs training ground and confront players for their performances if they're dire.

On the flip side, they will more often than not offer consistent vocal support in the ground. It's a two way thing.

With us at the minute we're quiet when we're winning and when we're losing we pipe up just to boo and criticise lol it's one embarrassment of a scenario.

Some of Everton’s fans went to the training ground after they lost to Liverpool’s kids but they were on a day off 🤦🏻‍♀️

22 minutes ago, Katy said:

That’s the sort of thing my mum says 😂

Some of Everton’s fans went to the training ground after they lost to Liverpool’s kids but they were on a day off 🤦🏻‍♀️

I've heard differently and that they did actually manage to get to speak to a few of the players. Unsure on anything else though. I don't actually blame the fans in that instance though as that truly was a disgrace from Everton.

8 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Booing at halftime with the score level is something else tbh.

Pathetic, looking more and more entitled by the week.

I wouldn't mind it as much if it was rocking when we were doing well but it hasn't been for a while. It's bleak.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

People need to put things into perspective. This is our 2nd best season we have ever had. We are in the semi final of 1 cup and still in the other cup. We have won our last 2 premier league games. 

Since the Liverpool game fans have been on the back of the players for any small mistake and forgot the club record winning run we have had earlier in the season. 

My biggest frustration though is the atmosphere at the games when we are not playing a big team. We should be behind the players more and create that atmosphere that made us so successful. The atmosphere was so much better when we were bottom of the league under Pearson.