Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Guest Harrydc
On 23/01/2020 at 22:51, Realjimbo said:

Wasn't this just epic! I binged this in 3 nights, just couldn't put it down, hated the Jesse Pinkman character to begin with but time brought out his good side and he was my fav half way through S2. Loved the dark humour

Deffo in my top 10 tv of all time.

Defiantly ! My top 2 of all time would be Breaking Bad and Prison Break (which if you haven’t seen, is TV gold). 

On 24/01/2020 at 11:17, TRAD-DAD said:

Given that there is such choice of viewing is the BBC's reason for existence relevant anymore?   how many would volunteer to pay the Licence ? I get my Netflix for nothing as my son has it and nominated my TV as one of the three devices he can play it on.

I think Netflix is very good value for money   ( even if I had to pay for it ) take the criminality out of not being forced to pay for the BBC extortion racket and spend that money Netflix / amazon etc . Viva revolution !

Yes, still makes some absolutely quality programmes for all the shite like Mrs Brown's Boys.

On 28/01/2020 at 13:45, FOXYTALK said:

The Last Kingdom is well worth a watch. 3x seasons similar style to Game of Thrones but set in the Viking times. Can't wait to see Season 4

Case in point, was originally a BBC series. Last series was much gorier after going Netflix exclusive though. lol

Based on the Bernard Cornwell novels and I think he's been involved in the writing a little bit. Always reassuring when an author whose work moves to screen does that.

• Like 3

Currently watching Messiah and looks really decent. Only done the first 2 episodes.

As a relative newbie to Netflix it's always good to get some recommendations as there's loads of crap on there.

Can't imagine anything being as addictive and fascinating as breaking bad though which really sets the bar high.

Stranger things was brilliant too 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Livid said:

Being on Virgin I miss a lot of stuff on Sky Atlantic. 

I have Now TV as backup and have just started on Treme. 

Treme is one of my favourite shows. Not alot happens and can see many people not getting it. The city is the star of the show though and David Simon is spot on with the details as ever.

On watching the final season we booked up to go to New Orleans. The show proved to be the best guide you can get.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

My son is watching into the badlands, it was like a poor man's power rangers series

Mate it's nothing like Power Rangers lol

I'd say it's more like a poor man's Avatar (the cartoon, not the Cameron film about sticking your dick in pterodactyls) set in a Mad Max apocalypse.  Never going to win any awards but not bad popcorn viewing when you're between series.

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Mate it's nothing like Power Rangers lol

I'd say it's more like a poor man's Avatar (the cartoon, not the Cameron film about sticking your dick in pterodactyls) set in a Mad Max apocalypse.  Never going to win any awards but not bad popcorn viewing when you're between series.

I only watched about 10 mins, saw 2 fight scenes and thought 'go go power rangers'

Guest Harrydc

If you're after something light-hearted, watch 'the good place'. It's a series i don't usually tell people i watch, but if you're feeling shit its good so thought i'd share. 

Can definitely recommend 'The End of the ****ing World'. First series on Netflix, second can be found on 4 On Demand. 20 minute episodes too, so easy to give it a go without too much commitment. 

Finally got into Bojack Horseman too this weekend, love it. 

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc
1 hour ago, Libertine said:

Can definitely recommend 'The End of the ****ing World'. First series on Netflix, second can be found on 4 On Demand. 20 minute episodes too, so easy to give it a go without too much commitment. 

Finally got into Bojack Horseman too this weekend, love it. 

This was amazing. Season 2 is also available on 4 on demand too. 

Anyone seen 'don't f**k with cats'? 

On 02/02/2020 at 20:04, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

If you’re after something that’s not light hearted, Greatest Events of WW2 in Colour, is really interesting. 

Please no spoilers though, I’m only on Episode 2. 

It's decent, some of the accuracy of the footage is questionable and there's nothing that hasn't been covered extensively before, but it's a good refresher. 

Really enjoyed The Stranger but you have to be paying attention, it's not something to relax in the evening to. 

On 28/01/2020 at 14:16, mabrah said:

Finished watching Messiah last night. Excellent TV and I'm hoping there's a 2nd series. Is he the antichrist?

Finished it last night.

Great ending,I think even Ari was abit in awe. Gotta be a 2nd series surely

On 02/02/2020 at 20:04, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

If you’re after something that’s not light hearted, Greatest Events of WW2 in Colour, is really interesting. 

Please no spoilers though, I’m only on Episode 2. 

It’s excellent. There’s so much I’d forgotten like the German soldiers being on PEDs and how easily the French let them march into Paris. I felt a real sense of national pride when they did the Battle of Britain episode. Those Spitfire pilots really did save our ass big time.

• Like 1