Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

22 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just finished episode 4. Waiting in for the boiler repair man tomorrow, so might finish it whilst I wait.

Harlan Coben stuff usually ends well. I watched Safe and The Five and both ended perfectly.

I've watched Safe as well. Liked it.

Knew that Katz was dodgy as fvck from the moment he entered the series. Kaye plays it well.

Guest seanfox778
13 hours ago, The Blur said:

Do not forget Paul Dano's performance as well,  one of my favourite actors.    Cannot wait to see him as The Riddler.  

Yes, he was great too. I've been meaning to watch Swiss Army Man with him in. Looks quite an interesting premise. 

2 hours ago, Facecloth said:

@StanSP just finished The Stranger. Really enjoyed it. Interested to know your thoughts on it when its all tied up.

Finished it last night mate lol

Really enjoyed it as well. Few questions I literally woke up with but can totally understand the hype behind it. 

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

@FIF

Going off on a complete tangent here, and its probably one for the "What grinds my gears" thread, but I hate people that use the confused reaction, but don't ask about your post. One poster has done that twice to my posts recently. If you're confused by a post, just quote it and say what you don't understand. The confused reaction should be removed imo.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Going off on a complete tangent here, and its probably one for the "What grinds my gears" thread, but I hate people that use the confused reaction, but don't ask about your post. One poster has done that twice to my posts recently. If you're confused by a post, just quote it and say what you don't understand. The confused reaction should be removed imo.

Yeah I don't even know what was so confusing about my post lol

My main question is why Katz was so heavy-handed on Heidi. 

why kill her? This was before he knew she was Jo's friend as well so as far as he was concerned, the only link for him and Heidi is through his rich mate 'Malbec40' and Kimberley. But all Katz wanted to know about was the 2 girls that approached Heidi...? I hope I'm not missing something obvious

lol

I find it odd that the police just seemed to accept that Mike killed an alpaca (this is random anyway) and tripped out on so much drugs, as well as Max just randomly leaving Dante after 'chasing him'. 

On 12/02/2020 at 14:05, StanSP said:

Finished it last night mate lol

Really enjoyed it as well. Few questions I literally woke up with but can totally understand the hype behind it. 

Just finished it today, enjoyed it, but have to admit to being a little disappointed in the end, obviously I won’t say why because of spoilers.

Actually how do you do the hide content thing? 👍🏼

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson

8 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Just finished it today, enjoyed it, but have to admit to being a little disappointed in the end, obviously I won’t say why because of spoilers.

It's the weakest end of the 3 Harlan Coben adaptations I've watched, but still better than most TV shows.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Put [_spoiler] at the front of it and [/_spoiler] at the end without the underscores :)

• Thanks 1

Started watching When They See Us earlier today. Harrowing how police treated these young lads. The injustice they suffered. 

Reminds me of how Making A Murderer worked. Police department chooses victims and somehow makes them fit a crime they didn't do. Instead of gaining proof to match the victims and prove them guilty. 

Everyone involved in the prosecuting of those 5 boys should hang their heads. The police officers, detectives, sargeants, lawyers, even the jury. Terrible. 

• Like 1

Finished watching the above. 

The moment the 5 get exonerated is quite a moving moment. I had no idea of the story so I didn't even know it was because Reyes came forward to confesses. I genuinely thought it would have been a lawyer bringing up other hard-hitting evidence themselves (as if there already wasn't!) and getting a judge and jury to overturn the original conviction. Really was shocked when the scene came up where Morgenthau gets that call and conversation with Ryan about Reyes' confession. Also is it just me that finds it mad crazy that Reyes ends up in the same prison as Korey?! 

Also not shocked that Fairstein and that cop are so far up their arses they couldn't let their prejudices go even several years after. Their arrogance and stubbornness is astounding. 

• Like 1

Just now, StanSP said:

The moment the 5 get exonerated is quite a moving moment. I had no idea of the story so I didn't even know it was because Reyes came forward to confesses. I genuinely thought it would have been a lawyer bringing up other hard-hitting evidence themselves (as if there already wasn't!) and getting a judge and jury to overturn the original conviction. Really was shocked when the scene came up where Morgenthau gets that call and conversation with Ryan about Reyes' confession. Also is it just me that finds it mad crazy that Reyes ends up in the same prison as Korey?! 

Also not shocked that Fairstein and that cop are so far up their arses they couldn't let their prejudices go even several years after. Their arrogance and stubbornness is astounding. 

Have you watched the Oprah Winfrey interview with them all yet? Interesting to see them all IRL and how everything affected them. 
The whole thing left me feeling so angry but it’s very well made.

7 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Have you watched the Oprah Winfrey interview with them all yet? Interesting to see them all IRL and how everything affected them. 
The whole thing left me feeling so angry but it’s very well made.

Yes I felt the same. Halfway through the Oprah show so will finish that today. Very angry and enraged at the injustice they faced. 

23 hours ago, StanSP said:

Is this on Netflix?

Watching Stranger at the moment on people's recommendation.

Really good and gripping,remember the actor from a BBC MI5 spy series which I can't remember the name of but that was a brilliant series too.

1 hour ago, Raj said:

Watching Stranger at the moment on people's recommendation.

Really good and gripping,remember the actor from a BBC MI5 spy series which I can't remember the name of but that was a brilliant series too.

Spooks!

• Thanks 1