Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Guest seanfox778

Prisoners is on there. One of the best films from the last decade. Mystery/thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal and a terrific performance from Hugh Jackman, it's about 2 young girls that go missing.

2 hours ago, seanfox778 said:

Prisoners is on there. One of the best films from the last decade. Mystery/thriller starring Jake Gyllenhaal and a terrific performance from Hugh Jackman, it's about 2 young girls that go missing.

I’ve seen that, good film but I preferred Nightcrawler.

Guest seanfox778
1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

I’ve seen that, good film but I preferred Nightcrawler.

I rewatched Nightcrawler again the other night, love that film too. Jake Gyllenhaal is so good at playing a loner character. Did you see Nocturnal Animals? 

Guest seanfox778
24 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Never heard of that, Whats it about?

This art gallery owner (Amy Adams) recieves a novel dedicated to her by her first husband (Jake Gyllenhaal) who she hasn't seen in 20 years. Then it becomes like a film within a film as you see what's going on in the novel, which is quite disturbing. 

10 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

A couple of people have recommended Strangers with Jennifer Saunders, going to have a 👀 tomorrow 

It was quite good I thought and an interesting ending.

The thing that pissed me off about it though is that there's lots of scenes where his kids are playing football for a proper club but all the parents are lined up watching on the touch line.

This is bollocks as there should be a 'respect' rope about 2 meters behind the touch line where the parents stand behind. I mean, as if they'd actually stand on the touch line to watch so the linesman has to run up and down on the pitch because he's got no room :rolleyes:

It's the small detail that makes good telly you know :thumbup:

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Ashley said:

The Stranger - yes or no?

Need something new to watch.

Yeah I would. I read the book already so knew what was happening but still enjoyed it. Anyone who enjoyed it I would recommend reading some of Harlan Cohen’s books. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Yes, but don't be surprised if it winds you up a bit in places.

One of those where you have to keep watching just to find out what happens at the end!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

Messiahs decent.

Just started watching "Raising Dion" with the kids as it's suitable for them...it's not bad actually and the mum in it is git as ****!

On 09/02/2020 at 08:59, seanfox778 said:

Watched this again at the weekend - I actually think Jackman is the poorest part of it whilst Gyllenhaal is superb. 

On 09/02/2020 at 08:59, seanfox778 said:

Do not forget Paul Dano's performance as well,  one of my favourite actors.    Cannot wait to see him as The Riddler.  

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

Started watching The Stranger. 

Good start with a lot of intrigue and questions... 

Just started that too. Enjoying it. I've enjoyed all the Harlan Coben adaptation I've watched in recent years.

12 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just started that too. Enjoying it. I've enjoyed all the Harlan Coben adaptation I've watched in recent years.

Binging it right now. Got to Episode 4 right now. 

So many questions but good ones that you have faith will be answered by the end of the series.

14 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Binging it right now. Got to Episode 4 right now. 

So many questions but good ones that you have faith will be answered by the end of the series.

Just finished episode 4. Waiting in for the boiler repair man tomorrow, so might finish it whilst I wait.

Harlan Coben stuff usually ends well. I watched Safe and The Five and both ended perfectly.