Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

On 01/02/2022 at 16:52, BKLFox said:

i started this last night also so far so good & thanks for the shout out on the other 2 as i haven't heard of those so will add to watchlist later :thumbup:

On 01/02/2022 at 10:50, rico said:

Started All Of Us Are Dead, can recommend to anyone who liked Last Train to Busan and Kingdom

Finished this now and really enjoyed it, I don't think the standard dropped across any of the episodes. Actually pretty annoyed I've finished it now. Everyone's favourite character was Yang Dae-su as well right?

Edited by Tommy Fresh
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Finished this now and really enjoyed it, I don't think the standard dropped across any of the episodes. Actually pretty annoyed I've finished it now. Everyone's favourite character was Yang Dae-su as well right?

Finished it myself tonight, great acting and characters that had depth and you actually cared about.

• Like 1

On 06/02/2022 at 13:08, Silebyfox_89 said:

The tinder swindler

From the team that made don't f*** with cats, just over an hour about as Israeli conman. Arrogant levels of fraud and deception from dating mostly Scandinavian women on tinder.

Worth a watch 7/10.

Thanks, I really enjoyed this. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, blabyboy said:

Almost finished Ozark S4 pt1. Been really good, plenty of twists and turns as expected, can't wait for pt2 to drop whenever they get round to it. 

Finished it last night. I like Ozark but it's all a bit bonkers - like Breaking Bad on speed.

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Finished it last night. I like Ozark but it's all a bit bonkers - like Breaking Bad on speed.

Yeah they are quite similar in a few ways. Both great series. Will be interesting to see how they cap Ozark off. Then onto Better Call Saul and the Holy Trinity will be completed

Edited by blabyboy
Typo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Inventing Anna
Mixed feelings about this one.  Interesting story, however the fact that every episode starts off with "This is true, except when its not" bullshit is extremely disappointing.  I understand that "true stories" are embellished to make things more interesting - but this rubbed me wrong.  Trying to be cute/funny, and it only pissed people off.    

With the exception of one character, they all came off as selfish pieces of shit.
The two main characters were as unlikable as you can possibly get.
Anna cons/rips off the rich and acts like the biggest bitch while doing it.
The reporters screws over Anna and annoys people to get what she wants.  Plus, she appeared to give zero shits about her baby.
The only likeable character was Neff - and she wasn't in it enough to make the show worth it.

Finally, it suffers from the same thing most Netflix shows suffer from - too many damn episodes.

I watched it.  Was fascinated by it and had to know how it was all going to end.  But, when it was over, I was mad at myself for wasting almost 10 hours on it.

Really enjoyed the first part of the Kanye West documentary.

Can’t say I knew much about the fella but I couldn’t help but admire his determination, confidence and sheer will to make it.
I have big respect for people who take on the the world with no fear.

Edited by Izzy

1 hour ago, Izzy said:

Really enjoyed the first part of the Kanye West documentary.

Can’t say I knew much about the fella but I couldn’t help but admire his determination, confidence and sheer will to make it.
I have big respect for people who take on the the world with no fear.

Yep I said this too.

I know f all about the r n b scene and always believed the hype that Kanye is a tw@t.

BUT he came across very down to earth, hard working and a decent guy with exceptional  talent.

His mum seems a lovely genuinely  decent person and you can tell she is his rock.

• Like 1

On 21/02/2022 at 19:45, marbles said:

Inventing Anna
Mixed feelings about this one.  Interesting story, however the fact that every episode starts off with "This is true, except when its not" bullshit is extremely disappointing.  I understand that "true stories" are embellished to make things more interesting - but this rubbed me wrong.  Trying to be cute/funny, and it only pissed people off.    

With the exception of one character, they all came off as selfish pieces of shit.
The two main characters were as unlikable as you can possibly get.
Anna cons/rips off the rich and acts like the biggest bitch while doing it.
The reporters screws over Anna and annoys people to get what she wants.  Plus, she appeared to give zero shits about her baby.
The only likeable character was Neff - and she wasn't in it enough to make the show worth it.

Finally, it suffers from the same thing most Netflix shows suffer from - too many damn episodes.

I watched it.  Was fascinated by it and had to know how it was all going to end.  But, when it was over, I was mad at myself for wasting almost 10 hours on it.

I’m working my way through it now. 

How much of this is factually correct and how much of it is bull? If so, it’s a chain of incompetent people manipulated by one person. 

1 hour ago, Sly said:

I’m working my way through it now. 

How much of this is factually correct and how much of it is bull? If so, it’s a chain of incompetent people manipulated by one person. 

That’s part of the frustration - the whole damn thing could be made up based on the disclaimer.

I don’t know how far you’ve gotten, but she is definitely NOT the only criminal in the series.  Yet the others face no consequences.

• Like 1

On 08/02/2022 at 00:41, blabyboy said:

Almost finished Ozark S4 pt1. Been really good, plenty of twists and turns as expected, can't wait for pt2 to drop whenever they get round to it. 

I found watching “Inventing Anna” really difficult to start with, as Ruth Langman had a really weird accent. 

• Like 1

On 22/02/2022 at 22:38, marbles said:

That’s part of the frustration - the whole damn thing could be made up based on the disclaimer.

I don’t know how far you’ve gotten, but she is definitely NOT the only criminal in the series.  Yet the others face no consequences.

I finished it this morning. 

It’s an interesting watch. I’d never heard of the case before this Netflix documentary. 

Having read up on it a bit since, it appears Julia Garner gets the character of Anna fairly on mark. Not many of the characters are relatable though. 

Maybe New York is really that much of a bitch-fest.

• Like 1

I remember reading the Inventing Anna article when it first came out and thinking it would make a great TV show. It's a very good companion piece to the Tinder Swindler as well. I'm about half way through with the missus and I'm not sure I remember where the chips fell in the end so I'm interested to see how the series ends.

It also led me to finally watch 'Don't **** With Cats' Jesus wept that was a rollercoaster. I thought I knew what that was going to be about, and that's why I put it off for so long. I know less than Jon Snow. Other mental documentaries I've seen recently include Voyeur, Puppet Master and Winter's On Fire (very prescient at the moment). 

With a newborn who refuses to sleep unless he's on either me or the missus, I find myself increasingly plonked on the settee in front of the TV late into the night trying to find something to keep me awake. The TV series of Snowpiercer is doing the job at the moment but I'm rapidly running out of episodes.

Thankfully Peaky Blinders, Killing Eve and the new Batman film are out soon enough to keep me going. I'm also trying very hard to get fully invested in Schitt's Creek and Power and neither are holding my attention enough early into both series. 

Gonna go through this thread from the start and see if there's anything I missed that might be worth watching but please throw recommendations my way. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, General Smuts said:

I remember reading the Inventing Anna article when it first came out and thinking it would make a great TV show. It's a very good companion piece to the Tinder Swindler as well. I'm about half way through with the missus and I'm not sure I remember where the chips fell in the end so I'm interested to see how the series ends.

It also led me to finally watch 'Don't **** With Cats' Jesus wept that was a rollercoaster. I thought I knew what that was going to be about, and that's why I put it off for so long. I know less than Jon Snow. Other mental documentaries I've seen recently include Voyeur, Puppet Master and Winter's On Fire (very prescient at the moment). 

With a newborn who refuses to sleep unless he's on either me or the missus, I find myself increasingly plonked on the settee in front of the TV late into the night trying to find something to keep me awake. The TV series of Snowpiercer is doing the job at the moment but I'm rapidly running out of episodes.

Thankfully Peaky Blinders, Killing Eve and the new Batman film are out soon enough to keep me going. I'm also trying very hard to get fully invested in Schitt's Creek and Power and neither are holding my attention enough early into both series. 

Gonna go through this thread from the start and see if there's anything I missed that might be worth watching but please throw recommendations my way. 

I went through a similar phase last year when my son was born-  I found twenty minutes episodes were better to power through as it is an easier watch and you feel as if you are making progress through the series rather than stop-start watch that you are likely to endure if you try to watch mainstream series during the day/evenings.   I watched Baku which was a shit martial arts anime but it got me through countless night feeds!   I would recommend Brooklyn 99 and got recommended The Curse on 4OD the other day too.    Taskmaster is also a good watch as it is easy to watch standalone episodes but it is close to a hour due to annoying adverts.

Just to add-  it is great to have you back on here fellow.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I went through a similar phase last year when my son was born-  I found twenty minutes episodes were better to power through as it is an easier watch and you feel as if you are making progress through the series rather than stop-start watch that you are likely to endure if you try to watch mainstream series during the day/evenings.   I watched Baku which was a shit martial arts anime but it got me through countless night feeds!   I would recommend Brooklyn 99 and got recommended The Curse on 4OD the other day too.    Taskmaster is also a good watch as it is easy to watch standalone episodes but it is close to a hour due to annoying adverts.

Just to add-  it is great to have you back on here fellow.

I'm a lurker nowadays, pop on sporadically to make sure no one is beating me at picking celebrity deaths and check transfer rumours. Any 'spare' time I have is spent playing CM01/02 which drew me back in, in a big way at the start of the apocalypse. 

I love B99 and Taskmaster. Completed both and well and truly my sense of humour. Parks & Rec, Community, The Good Place, Arrested Development. If there's anything similar to these with hundreds of 20 minute episodes that I haven't already seen I'd be a happy happy man. 

Is The Curse the new show with Tom Davis in it about a bank robbery? I reckon I'll give that a try. 

24 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

I'm a lurker nowadays, pop on sporadically to make sure no one is beating me at picking celebrity deaths and check transfer rumours. Any 'spare' time I have is spent playing CM01/02 which drew me back in, in a big way at the start of the apocalypse. 

I love B99 and Taskmaster. Completed both and well and truly my sense of humour. Parks & Rec, Community, The Good Place, Arrested Development. If there's anything similar to these with hundreds of 20 minute episodes that I haven't already seen I'd be a happy happy man. 

Is The Curse the new show with Tom Davis in it about a bank robbery? I reckon I'll give that a try. 

I went through all 4 seasons of cobra Kai when my little one was born in November. Well worth a watch if you haven't already

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, General Smuts said:

Yeah that is one but then again my mate (so called one at that for reasons to be followed in this sentence) who recommended it is not keen on Taskmaster and BB99 so it could be shit for all I know lol 

• Haha 1