Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

• 3 weeks later...

The Staircase a docu-series, on before, years ago, but with the later (and final) episodes made, it's all been put on Netflix.

His guilt or innocence will be debated but it's a masterly crafted series looking as much at the US criminal justice system as the crime itself. Superb viewing.

On 08/04/2022 at 18:41, Milo said:

Yep, I'm two in...needless to say there is a fair bit of uncomfortable viewing :(

Uncomfortable is absolutely right . Looking back it’s astonishing how he got away with it over such a long period - no-one I knew liked him and most thought he was probably dodgy and most thought he was a colossal creep . My dear old late Dad couldn’t bear to watch tv if he was on 

On 08/04/2022 at 17:46, frakenfox said:

The Staircase a docu-series, on before, years ago, but with the later (and final) episodes made, it's all been put on Netflix.

His guilt or innocence will be debated but it's a masterly crafted series looking as much at the US criminal justice system as the crime itself. Superb viewing.

This was better than Making a Murderer imo.

On 08/04/2022 at 17:26, Tuna said:

Savile doc on netflix, disturbing yet compelling watch.

On 08/04/2022 at 18:41, Milo said:

Yep, I'm two in...needless to say there is a fair bit of uncomfortable viewing :(

I struggled to understand him. On one hand he was an extremely successful, hard working charity fundraiser who had Prince Charles and Diana as friends and he undoubtedly raised millions for various charities.

Then there's the monster beneath. A man who never had a proper girlfriend, who's only important relationship was with his mother. 

It's a shame he was never examined publicly by forensic psychologists.

On 08/04/2022 at 17:26, Tuna said:

Savile doc on netflix, disturbing yet compelling watch.

I’ve just finished this. The more you watch the scenes of it, the more you can’t understand how he got away with it, he practically admitted it live on national T.V that he enjoyed little girls. And the fact the BBC have somehow silently got away with it too is incredible. 

On 10/04/2022 at 18:59, Parafox said:

I struggled to understand him. On one hand he was an extremely successful, hard working charity fundraiser who had Prince Charles and Diana as friends and he undoubtedly raised millions for various charities.

Then there's the monster beneath. A man who never had a proper girlfriend, who's only important relationship was with his mother. 

It's a shame he was never examined publicly by forensic psychologists.

He hid in plain sight didn’t he? 

I think from a psychological point of view, there are similarities to Dr. Larry Nassar, someone who abused their position to ultimately quench their sexual urges. If you watch athlete A it could just give us a insight into how he actually got away with it. 

• Like 1

On 11/04/2022 at 18:11, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I found the Saville doc hugely underwhelming. Never really got in to quite what he did, just that he kissed women who didn't want to etc nothing really about the other grotesque stuff, like kids and corpses etc it was just hinted at mainly. Pointless, I thought.

This is what you probably should have noticed during the programme:

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve just finished this. The more you watch the scenes of it, the more you can’t understand how he got away with it, he practically admitted it live on national T.V that he enjoyed little girls. And the fact the BBC have somehow silently got away with it too is incredible. 

You must've missed the now middle aged woman, who described him putting his hand down her underwear and groping her with his fingers when she was an audience member on TOTP? Among several other accusations that have since been proven even after his death.

Edited by Parafox

7 minutes ago, Parafox said:

This is what you probably should have noticed during the programme:

You must've missed the now middle aged woman, who described him putting his hand down her underwear and groping her with his fingers when she was an audience member on TOTP? Among several other accusations that have since been proven even after his death.

Eh? I think you misunderstood my comment….. I questioned how he got away with it despite it being plainly obvious he was a womaniser who spent far too much time in the presence of vulnerable children….. I think everyone has seen the allegations since his death. 

2 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Eh? I think you misunderstood my comment….. I questioned how he got away with it despite it being plainly obvious he was a womaniser who spent far too much time in the presence of vulnerable children….. I think everyone has seen the allegations since his death. 

Apologies, my comment was aimed at @Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot and his comment and that he clearly failed to understand what had happened with Savile. I agree with all that you have said BTW.

• 2 months later...

Operation Mincemeat
Netflix drama about how the British tricked the Nazis into thinking the Allies were attacking Greece, instead of Sicily.

The stuff about the operation was enjoyable.
The included love triangle was unnecessary, and completely slowed the movie down to a painful crawl.

Watch if you’re curious about the operation, but be warned that it can get very boring at times.

11 hours ago, marbles said:

Operation Mincemeat
Netflix drama about how the British tricked the Nazis into thinking the Allies were attacking Greece, instead of Sicily.

The stuff about the operation was enjoyable.
The included love triangle was unnecessary, and completely slowed the movie down to a painful crawl.

Watch if you’re curious about the operation, but be warned that it can get very boring at times.

The Ben Macintyre documentary that the film is based on was good. There was a film in the 50s called The Man Who Never Was. Shame films get padded out with side stories that get in the way.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Foxdiamond said:

The Ben Macintyre documentary that the film is based on was good. There was a film in the 50s called The Man Who Never Was. Shame films get padded out with side stories that get in the way.

I’ll have to hunt down the documentary.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...