Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

Took in the final episode of Ozark season 4 part 1, and although the final twist of the season was spoiled by an unfortunate youtube recommendation, it was still very impactful as is Ozark's style, and I'm really looking forward to part 2 when it comes out, also can we all agree that Ruth Langmore is absolutely the best character on the show?

30 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Took in the final episode of Ozark season 4 part 1, and although the final twist of the season was spoiled by an unfortunate youtube recommendation, it was still very impactful as is Ozark's style, and I'm really looking forward to part 2 when it comes out, also can we all agree that Ruth Langmore is absolutely the best character on the show?

Darlene was mine.:(

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

also can we all agree that Ruth Langmore is absolutely the best character on the show?

39 minutes ago, Spiritwalker said:

Darlene was mine.:(

Both are outstanding in their roles. So well portrayed and believable in their evilness (Darlene) and manipulation after initial innocence.

(Ruth).

Loving the Kanye documentary, rare to see so much behind the scenes stuff. 

Easy to see why he went off the rails when his mum died, she seemed such an incredible person and such a balance and inspiration for him. 

• Like 1

On 21/02/2022 at 15:43, rico said:

Texas Chainsaw Massacre was sh1te, old Leatherface must be at least 70 in it as it follows the original, should be drawing his pension not cutting kids in half lol

Absolute dross of the highest order. Horrible in every way. 

The franchise should've been left to die quietly a long time ago, and this has just compounded it. I don't really know what I was expecting, but it was beyond awful. 

Missed the mark on everything that made the original such a horror classic. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone else find it annoying they call it season 2? I imagine there's been a few people who have missed the original season's or ended up watching in the wrong order.

Yes, irritates me.

This is technically Seaon 4 I think. No idea why they have disregarded the first two seasons.

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Anyone else find it annoying they call it season 2? I imagine there's been a few people who have missed the original season's or ended up watching in the wrong order.

52 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Yes, irritates me.

This is technically Seaon 4 I think. No idea why they have disregarded the first two seasons.

Netflix have fvcked about with it and confused everyone.

The first 2 series were originally on Channel 4 in 2011 & 2013 called Top Boy: Summerhouse, then when Netflix commissioned series 3 in 2019, they called it Top Boy Season 1 and the latest 2022 is Top Boy Season 2 (which is really series 4 as Secret Pro says)

I'm sure Netflix have their reasons but like Tommy says, it is annoying!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Netflix have fvcked about with it and confused everyone.

The first 2 series were originally on Channel 4 in 2011 & 2013 called Top Boy: Summerhouse, then when Netflix commissioned series 3 in 2019, they called it Top Boy Season 1 and the latest 2022 is Top Boy Season 2 (which is really series 4 as Secret Pro says)

I'm sure Netflix have their reasons but like Tommy says, it is annoying!

Yeah I watched when it was originally on 4 so it never caught me out, but I know people who have started watching it more recently and started from the series that Netflix commissioned.

Half way through the new Top Boy series and gotta say it hasn't quite hit the mark for me....yet.

It's still very good but it doesn't quite have the same edge as previous series somehow. Maybe it's the characters or the storyline or both, but somethings missing.

I could watch Sully all day though - legend.

Still holding out hope for the final 4 episodes...

8 minutes ago, Izzy said:

Half way through the new Top Boy series and gotta say it hasn't quite hit the mark for me....yet.

It's still very good but it doesn't quite have the same edge as previous series somehow. Maybe it's the characters or the storyline or both, but somethings missing.

On episode 8 currently, it does seem to pick up, not to the same extent as the previous 3 but still pretty good.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Izzy said:

Thought the same, last series it was edge of your seat stuff binge watching. This series hasn’t quite done that for me.

The whole Spain/Morocco storyline is unnecessary for me. I quite like the scouse additions to it though. 

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Steve_Walsh5 said:

Thought the same, last series it was edge of your seat stuff binge watching. This series hasn’t quite done that for me.

The whole Spain/Morocco storyline is unnecessary for me. I quite like the scouse additions to it though. 

I found it started slowly compared to the first 3, although I thought it was still pretty good but it definitely got a lot better. Suppose it added another dimension covering that aspect else it'd be pretty samey. 

Edited by Tommy Fresh