Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

2 hours ago, AllGoneTitsSchlupp said:

went through all of The English Game in 1 sitting. tells the story of the early years of the FA cup. real good

I appreciate that it's not meant to be a documentary but if they are going to use actual names they could've at least made it slightly more historically accurate. Disappointed to say the least. 

I very, very rarely watch films, only a few a year. But I watched the platform last night and thought it was brilliant.

I binge watched the first season of the ozarks when it came out and loved it. Watched the second one, slept through most of it whilst my girlfriend watched it. Neither of us have any motivation for season 3 for some reason. Same thing happened with stranger things, still not watched the 3rd season. 

Watched tiger king last week and thought it was pretty good. Weird, but good.

Watching the new better call saul weekly atm, about the only thing I'm watching and enjoying on netflix.

Cannot ****ing wait for money heist though.

• Like 1

On 31/03/2020 at 22:10, Spudulike said:

Sunderland til I die, series 2 starts on Netflix tomorrow. 

Enjoyed the series 2 but the constant references to how 'big' Sunderland are in every episode gets a bit wearing (among the biggest in English football, apparently). 

Are they really? Got a nice stadium and had success at 2nd tier level since the 2nd World War but now seem to be identified as the club that won the FA Cup in 1973. I don't think that puts them amongst the elite. 

It's a good watch though, especially around the transfer deadline day. 

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

I'm enjoying the Sunderland doc on Netflix, the episodes not very long and you can binge them fairly quickly. Didn't see the first series though.

First series is worth watching, a lot happened in that season!

I've watched the 1st 4 episodes of the 2nd one and its good viewing again, agree its very easy to watch. I've been watching it whilst playing football manager for the ultimate football fix lol 

30 minutes ago, Ian W LCFC said:

First series is worth watching, a lot happened in that season!

I've watched the 1st 4 episodes of the 2nd one and its good viewing again, agree its very easy to watch. I've been watching it whilst playing football manager for the ultimate football fix lol 

Didn't think it could get worse than Martin Bain in the first series but then you get Charlie Methven.

24 minutes ago, pds said:

Didn't think it could get worse than Martin Bain in the first series but then you get Charlie Methven.

Surprised the Sunderland fans took to him with all that awful PR Management speak guff. Wanting to make the stadium more Ibiza. Jeez. 

The Sunderland documentary series 2 was pure comedy gold. It was more The Office than The Office in parts. Charlie Methven, don’t reckon he could have come out of it looking much worse - I wouldn’t speak to a dog how he spoke to (about) some of his staff lol The bloke was completely off his tits. Unbelievable viewing him telling the PR and comms girl to go and get him a beer like she was his assistant. His tantrums at the EFL trophy final were also incredible. 

I don’t think the Sunderland fans have much time for him at the minute, but I don’t think Stuart Donald is a bad bloke. I do think he genuinely cares and he tried (is trying) his hardest to get it right, but he just strikes me as naive - when he sanctioned 3 million for Will Grigg it was quite evident he didn’t have a ****ing clue about football. I’m basing this purely from the documentaries, no expert. He could have been a right c-unit for all I know lol 

Think series two lost a bit of the spontaneity of the first series, less proper fan insights as well it was more an in depth look at the behind the scenes goings on in the boardroom. Still worth a go though, easy to watch. 

Edited by Manini

20 hours ago, Spudulike said:

Enjoyed the series 2 but the constant references to how 'big' Sunderland are in every episode gets a bit wearing (among the biggest in English football, apparently). 

Are they really? Got a nice stadium and had success at 2nd tier level since the 2nd World War but now seem to be identified as the club that won the FA Cup in 1973. I don't think that puts them amongst the elite. 

It's a good watch though, especially around the transfer deadline day. 

Nah, we’ve only won 6 top flight titles lol

5 minutes ago, SAFC1 said:

Nah, we’ve only won 6 top flight titles lol

The key phrase you've missed is "Since the 2nd World War". Sunderland's last league title was 84 years ago. There's barely any fans alive that have seen them win the league. Nobody is regarding Preston North End or Huddersfield as massive for their early multiple league wins, so at what point does some early success stop being relevant?

Saying that, Spurs seem to be permanently regarded as a "top" club, despite winning a grand total of 2 titles, and their last league win was around the time Burnley were winning the league in the 60s. As long as enough people in the media support you, and the lie is regurgated regularly enough, you can stay a big club forever, no matter how few trophies you actually win.

• Like 4