Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LinekersLugs

NETFLIX RECOMMENDATIONS: stuff to watch

I signed up for the free trial.  (Can’t see Amazon Prime alone getting us through covid-19.)

My Mrs was so into the British Baking Show, she watched every season twice.  I found her a new favorite, Blown Away -- a reality competition between glass blowers instead of bakers.  While different enough to seem fresh, it’s the same premise.  Frenzied preparation, expert judging, one disaster per episode (the glass falls off the rod = the cake falls off the plate).  Edited down to 23 minute episodes, so no time to get bored.

If there’s a BBS (or Iron Chef) addict in the house, I recommend it as just enough of a change of pace.                                                                                                                         

3 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

Better Call Saul is dead easy to watch, don't really have to pay attention for it to make sense. 

Agree with this. 

As opposed to Dark...which is excellent but a bit of a head-fvck...!!! 🤯

Edited by Milo
  • Like 1

I just finished "The English Game" 6 part mini series about football in the 18th century. really good stuff about the FA cup and working class mens teams 

38 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Anybody reckon that the synopsises on Netflix are really badly written and end up putting you off watching stuff that might actually be good?

i dont ted to read them, just thumb up on things i liked and go with the % recommended to me. works pretty well

I know that I'm late to the Netflix party but just started Sunderland til I die. Watching that disaster reminded me of that sunny heatwave of a day in 2015, first match of the season. Walking down past the Counting House and seeing the hoards of Mackem's in full voice confident their new signings were going to give them a massively successful season. Like most, I just wanted an average mid table season given what had happened the previous year. A draw would've done me fine. 

Funny old game, in it.