Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

5th round draw

It’s a few days after a potential Carabao Cup final for us on Sunday 1st March so this will then take place Wednesday 4th. We may not be able to go full strength especially with a league game against Villa a few days later. Then again we may not need to. Knowing Rodgers it will be a strong side but with a handful of back up players involved 

1 minute ago, RutlanderFox said:

It’s a few days after a potential Carabao Cup final for us on Sunday 1st March so this will then take place Wednesday 4th. We may not be able to go full strength especially with a league game against Villa a few days later. Then again we may not need to. Knowing Rodgers it will be a strong side but with a handful of back up players involved 

Villa is Monday night. Nice gap between the Fa Cup tie & that league game. 

2 hours ago, Mint23 said:

So the FA are disrespecting the cup as much as Klopp now then!

Nowhere near as much as what Klopp is doing. 

14 minutes ago, Papasmurf said:

So how many tv games will there be if all the games are mid week? Probably only 1 per night?

Nah. I presume there'll be Red Button coverage and games scores several BT Sport channels. 

Wonder if they'll stagger kick off times as well - could be like 7.30/8.15pm or like they do in CL/EL where they do 6/8pm.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Nowhere near as much as what Klopp is doing. 

Nah. I presume there'll be Red Button coverage and games scores several BT Sport channels. 

Wonder if they'll stagger kick off times as well - could be like 7.30/8.15pm or like they do in CL/EL where they do 6/8pm.

6pm would be a nightmare if you finish work at 5pm

1 hour ago, RutlanderFox said:

Let's win tonight first.

As pointed out above, Villa game is Monday so plenty of rest between the FA Cup game and that match. If we win tonight, then the FA Cup game could be Wednesday or Thursday. Thursday would give us 3 full days between Final, FA Cup and Villa.

If we lose tonight then we play Norwich on the Friday, I assume FA Cup on the Wednesday (Cov play Sunday 1st March), Villa on the Monday. Plenty of rest days.

2 minutes ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

I would imagine we stay as the Thursday, I can't see our game picked for the TV 

IMG_1859.PNG

I am sure the TV ties will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, maybe even 2 games per night. I think normally there are about 6 live games per round. So only two will not be televised. Ours is bound to be on TV.

18 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I am sure the TV ties will be Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, maybe even 2 games per night. I think normally there are about 6 live games per round. So only two will not be televised. Ours is bound to be on TV.

Nailed on TV selections will be 

Sheff Wed/Man City

Derby or Northampton/Man U

Chelsea/Shrews or Liverpool 

Portsmouth/Arsenal 

ive got us down as 5th choice so like you say if 6 games selected then we will be on TV

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

We’ll just have to win the FA cup instead 

We have a great chance to get into the QF's, no excuses. Turn up and play as we do. Then it's down to the draw and day. We are more than capable of challenging anyone, and if we keep picking up points in the league, we can fully focus on this cup.

However, we are again only a night like yesterday away from shattered dreams so let's take it a step at a time. Top 4 and a good run in 2 cups is something that could be a reality come May and that would be one of our best EVER seasons.

On 28/01/2020 at 14:58, Ian Nacho said:

Nobody can have a go at Klopp for disrespecting the cup with the FA have the draw on the One Show. 

Attendences have a lot to answer for to. Maybe if clubs didn't charge £20/£30 for cup tickets on top of a season ticket there maybe better attendances but look around and you'll see ground not even near capacity for FA Cup games. Pretty sure Cardiff v Carlisle was about 8k.