Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nalis

5th round draw

1 minute ago, Wymsey said:

What has Coventry, especially as it's 'the city of culture' this year, got to offer as a city?

Am literally struggling to think of anything apart from their 1987 FA Cup triumph..

Their IKEA can be reached without transport. Not many IKEAs can say that.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

What has Coventry, especially as their 'the city of culture' celebrations begin next year, got to offer as a city?

Am literally struggling to think of anything apart from their 1987 FA Cup triumph..

Lady Godiva, the origin of the tits out for the lads chant.

• Haha 2

About as soft a draw as you could hope for in the 5th round either way. Definitely a match to start the B side and maybe get a couple of kids blooded. Keep Vardy, Maddison and Ricardo on the bench for an emergency break glass scenario.

We'll know a lot more further down the line, we could have lost a semi final and 3 prem games in a row by the time this comes around. The 5th round is where the bigger teams start to introduce 3 or 4 first teamers into the side to ensure progress, I think we should do the same. We've already used Iheanacho, Caglar and Perez, so let's stick a couple more first teamers in and ensure we move into the quarters. This is all dependant on what happens over the next 5 weeks though.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We'll know a lot more further down the line, we could have lost a semi final and 3 prem games in a row by the time this comes around. The 5th round is where the bigger teams start to introduce 3 or 4 first teamers into the side to ensure progress, I think we should do the same. We've already used Iheanacho, Caglar and Perez, so let's stick a couple more first teamers in and ensure we move into the quarters. This is all dependant on what happens over the next 5 weeks though.

Or we could be the Carabao cup winners sitting second in the PL with a twenty point gap over 5th. A lot of possibilities and permutations which will all affect how we approach this game. I am still pinching myself over just what a season we have had so far and it could carry on getting better. What a ride.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Or we could be the Carabao cup winners sitting second in the PL with a twenty point gap over 5th. A lot of possibilities and permutations which will all affect how we approach this game. I am still pinching myself over just what a season we have had so far and it could carry on getting better. What a ride.

Indeed, but there’s still no reason to risk injury to certain key players against an opponent the squad players should be able to handle without too much trouble. Like I said, keep a few difference makers on the bench just in case but start basically the 4th round team, with the intention of using U-23s as the subs if things are well in-hand.

27 minutes ago, ThingsCouldGetMessi said:

Really hoping it is Coventry that we play. Both sets of fans would be up for that. I have also missed our lack of derby games since returning to the Premier League. There has been such a lack of them that we've had to endure Sky inventing rivalries for us. 

I second this. Really miss playing Derby, Cov and Forest. However I wouldn’t want to stoop to their level 😆

I think we'll be playing Birmingham as it's likely that they will win the St Andrews replay.

Coventry had their best chance of going through when playing at home. Beating Birmingham away from home will be much more difficult for them and I can't see it happening.

• Haha 3

Its been nearly a decade since we played these lot. I think Lee Peltier scored the winner, fooking hell, both clubs since gone different directions. Leicester going to Europe and Cov are homeless.

• Like 1

Guest Markyblue

Might just be me but although its a good draw progression wise, i dont like the idea of the peaky blinders or the specials having a day out from their dreary existence in football no mans land.

Good draw for us and gives us every chance of getting into the quarter finals. Whatever happens tonight to get into the semi finals of the carabao Cup and the quarter finals of the FA Cup is an achievement alongside a potential champions league spot. What a season we're having. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Wymsey said:

What has Coventry, especially as their 'the city of culture' celebrations begin next year, got to offer as a city?

The Specials were from Coventry for those that can remember them.  Could probably win the award for the most unattractive city in England.

Always disliked the place and can never forget the Tommy English/Jim Melrose swap. Glad they got relegated down the leagues just for that.

Am I reading it right on the BBC website that the 5th round are to be played on weeknights?? I got so excited at the thought of having a few beers in town before playing Cov - basically pretending that I’m about 20 years old and not in the middle of my life! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Mint23 said:

Am I reading it right on the BBC website that the 5th round are to be played on weeknights?? I got so excited at the thought of having a few beers in town before playing Cov - basically pretending that I’m about 20 years old and not in the middle of my life! 

Yeah it’s right, mid week this year.