Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Why is this surprising? 

People that usually go to the gym, play football, golf, play tennis or are otherwise engaged in other clubs and societies now cannot do those things, so they're walking instead.

Stop being a curtain twitcher and let people do what they need to do to get through this.

No curtain twitching involved, just observing the increase, the towpath is narrow, I sometimes struggle to get off my boat due to the amount of people walking past, can't move anywhere as all movement is banned at the moment, Canal river trust advises people not to walk near or past moored boats but I have a thousand people a day, I am sure you are enjoying a nice chill in your garden, unfortunately I can't do that so am stuck inside for 22 hours a day.

But hey, stop complaining and let people do what they do.

2 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

No curtain twitching involved, just observing the increase, the towpath is narrow, I sometimes struggle to get off my boat due to the amount of people walking past, can't move anywhere as all movement is banned at the moment, Canal river trust advises people not to walk near or past moored boats but I have a thousand people a day, I am sure you are enjoying a nice chill in your garden, unfortunately I can't do that so am stuck inside for 22 hours a day.

But hey, stop complaining and let people do what they do.

I'm in a 4th floor flat in Manchester, no garden here.

I think to be able to count to 90 over an hour period there will have been a certain amount of twitching required. lol

I'm from Barrow and spent the first 18 years of my life there and I know that pretty much all walks end up going down the canal. 

It's an unavoidable side effect of lockdown, surely.

55 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I was thinking more of saying infant schools can open on May 15th (or whatever), hairdressers in 3 weeks, something like that.

Mmmm the hair dressing business is surly the worse for up close and personal, spreading germs, schools as well gotta be one of the worse things to spread the disease, i know we want to get back to the norm as soon as possible, but these are massive risks, id say mid june at very earliest buddy

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

I'm in a 4th floor flat in Manchester, no garden here.

I think to be able to count to 90 over an hour period there will have been a certain amount of twitching required. lol

I'm from Barrow and spent the first 18 years of my life there and I know that pretty much all walks end up going down the canal. 

It's an unavoidable side effect of lockdown, surely.

I don't have curtains only blinds, but yes I made a conscious effort to count them, my point was the amount of people out is unreal, I know people need to get out or they will go crazy but why do they all have to come my way.:nigel:

• Like 1

Just now, joachim1965 said:

I don't have curtains only blinds, but yes I made a conscious effort to count them, my point was the amount of people out is unreal, I know people need to get out or they will go crazy but why do they all have to come my way.:nigel:

Unfortunate as it is, it's a village and if a walk lasts an hour, most people will cover most parts of the village.

Hopefully when some restrictions are lifted some of those people can go back to what they usually do and you'll have your space back 👍

7 minutes ago, joachim1965 said:

It will be raining next week so that should help keep numbers down.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

Unfortunate as it is, it's a village and if a walk lasts an hour, most people will cover most parts of the village.

Hopefully when some restrictions are lifted some of those people can go back to what they usually do and you'll have your space back 👍

Hopefully when the restrictions are relaxed slightly we will be able to move the boat then we will potter off to somewhere out of the way. 🤞

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

Mmmm the hair dressing business is surly the worse for up close and personal, spreading germs, schools as well gotta be one of the worse things to spread the disease, i know we want to get back to the norm as soon as possible, but these are massive risks, id say mid june at very earliest buddy

I'd be amazed if they make any decision before they have to in around 2 weeks time. The numbers of new infections as well as the deaths and those in hopsital are still far too high to relax anything.

Also Boris has seen at first hand just how deadly this virus is and what chaos can unfold if we have a second peak right now. I think late May is a possibility for some small shops to reopen and perhaps garden centres but not much else.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I was thinking more of saying infant schools can open on May 15th (or whatever), hairdressers in 3 weeks, something like that.

I’d be interested to know (impossibility I guess) how many supermarket workers have 

A. Caught the virus

B. Died from the virus

As these workers are in contact with hundreds of people daily and have been working through the whole outbreak it would give a good indication to how we can ease ourselves out of lockdown.

6 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'd be amazed if they make any decision before they have to in around 2 weeks time. The numbers of new infections as well as the deaths and those in hopsital are still far too high to relax anything.

Also Boris has seen at first hand just how deadly this virus is and what chaos can unfold if we have a second peak right now. I think late May is a possibility for some small shops to reopen and perhaps garden centres but not much else.

Dont get me wrong i hope they are are extra

cautious, if its gonna save lifes

I’m tempted to write in here about all the social distancing angry examples I could give...

But that’s been covered really. What I will say that is I drove through Leics yesterday having gone to drop essentials off at my olds who are in isolation and driving past the train station and up London Road made me really sad.

So there’s lots of vulnerable people that normally fade in to the background in that area but yesterday on desolate streets stood out like a sore thumb.

London Road has 20/50 homeless/drug using guys and girls lining the street. Some were being attended to by ambulance staff, some were on the floor looking like they were screaming at the sky/fitting/crying etc.. One guy I thought had been run over but on closer investigation, he was simply screaming uncontrollably due to mental health issues.

Open the hotels, get services in, it’s the ideal time to make the invisible who are now visible and help.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Webbo said:

I suspect there'll be an announcement tomorrow about loosening up the lockdown. They seem to be building up to it to coincide with Boris's return.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Actually, I can see boris delivering quite a different message about how getting through the next fortnight following the rules is vital to see ourselves out of this. Italy and Spain are two weeks ahead of us and they aren’t relaxing until mid may at the earliest .... whilst I can see some relaxation at a v low level mid month, I can’t see anything significant. 

I can see him giving a bit more of an explanation that it isn’t possible to give details on how any relaxation might happen until we get closer and the data reveals more information. 

31 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

I’d be interested to know (impossibility I guess) how many supermarket workers have 

A. Caught the virus

B. Died from the virus

As these workers are in contact with hundreds of people daily and have been working through the whole outbreak it would give a good indication to how we can ease ourselves out of lockdown.

My wife works at Asda, no PPE. She reckons there are 4 she knows who claim to have had it.

Just now, Swan Lesta said:

I’m tempted to write in here about all the social distancing angry examples I could give...

But that’s been covered really. What I will say that is I drove through Leics yesterday having gone to drop essentials off at my olds who are in isolation and driving past the train station and up London Road made me really sad.

So there’s lots of vulnerable people that normally fade in to the background in that area but yesterday on desolate streets stood out like a sore thumb.

London Road has 20/50 homeless/drug using guys and girls lining the street. Some were being attended to by ambulance staff, some were on the floor looking like they were screaming at the sky/fitting/crying etc.. One guy I thought had been run over but on closer investigation, he was simply screaming uncontrollably due to mental health issues.

Open the hotels, get services in, it’s the ideal time to make the invisible who are now visible and help.

Apparently they’re supposed to be taking these people into hotels ...... but on my brief wander in the west end on Wednesday I saw ten tents under the covering outside heals 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Webbo said:

My wife works at Asda, no PPE. She reckons there are 4 she knows who claim to have had it.

This is nuts

why don’t supermarket workers have face shields ? Is it because they can’t get enough to give to everyone on the shop floor and just covering some staff would expose them to selecting some staff ahead of others ?  Surely they can explain that they’re doing their best in the face of a global shortage ? 

Just now, st albans fox said:

This is nuts

why don’t supermarket workers have face shields ? Is it because they can’t get enough to give to everyone on the shop floor and just covering some staff would expose them to selecting some staff ahead of others ?  Surely they can explain that they’re doing their best in the face of a global shortage ? 

She said they were giving them to the girls on the till just as she was leaving on Saturday, but they were having a visit from the big wigs from Asda House so maybe it was just for show. We'll see if she's given anything on Monday.

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Why is this surprising? 

People that usually go to the gym, play football, golf, play tennis or are otherwise engaged in other clubs and societies now cannot do those things, so they're walking instead.

Stop being a curtain twitcher and let people do what they need to do to get through this.

Or sell drinks from the back of the boat

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

This is nuts

Cannon fodder. They should be demanding double time

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

4 who’ve probably had it in 6 weeks approximately? ASDA is a massive store with plenty of footfall. I think we can be cautiously optimistic, as long as we look after the vulnerable that we can ease ourselves out of lockdown sometime next month. 
Im in no way being blasé about things, I just don’t think Corona is lurking on every corner.

It’s going to be a difficult long haul for the vulnerable, and hopefully all can get the help they need to remain safe.

The rest of the country needs to get back to some kind of normality by early June otherwise the country will be ruined and the impact job losses and homes being lost will have on mental illness will be huge.

My view is probably very simplistic but we can’t afford too many more week in lockdown.

• Like 1

Just now, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

4 who’ve probably had it in 6 weeks approximately? ASDA is a massive store with plenty of footfall. I think we can be cautiously optimistic, as long as we look after the vulnerable that we can ease ourselves out of lockdown sometime next month. 
Im in no way being blasé about things, I just don’t think Corona is lurking on every corner.

It’s going to be a difficult long haul for the vulnerable, and hopefully all can get the help they need to remain safe.

The rest of the country needs to get back to some kind of normality by early June otherwise the country will be ruined and the impact job losses and homes being lost will have on mental illness will be huge.

My view is probably very simplistic but we can’t afford too many more week in lockdown.

Sounds to me like a couple of them had a cold and kidded themselves on, it could quite easily be less.

• Like 1