Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just seen Prof Karol Sikora on BBC news. First time I've seen him on that TV, but I have been going to work every day, so might have missed it. He's been my hero through this. Following him on twitter he's very level headed, but positive with it. Stating that we need to continue with what we're doing, but drawing the positives from the data. Certainly need to here more from him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davieG said:

If you've got an hour to spare, the queues are usually long enough during normal times when there's very little if any restriction on the numbers allowed in. I'm happy to wait.

Agree.

And time is something I have plenty of at the moment!

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Just seen Prof Karol Sikora on BBC news. First time I've seen him on that TV, but I have been going to work every day, so might have missed it. He's been my hero through this. Following him on twitter he's very level headed, but positive with it. Stating that we need to continue with what we're doing, but drawing the positives from the data. Certainly need to here more from him.

Definitely a leveller (at the very minimum) for all the scaremongering and high figures day by day.

I do like his positive, yet cautious (as it should be), updates. 

The government's working guidelines are wishy-washy & open to exploitation. 

I'm working & we've been given some guidelines but they feel like nothing more than my employers covering their own arses.  I work outdoors & we have no gloves, no masks, no hand sanitiser, no facility to wash our hands & keeping 2m apart is impossible.  It very much feels like we've been thrown to the wolves & if anything happens to us, it will be our responsibility & not theirs.

There's a building site directly across the road from me & there's all sorts of tradesmen working on it.  This week it has been the roofers.  Their telephone number on the side of the van is a Barnsley number.  3 men travelling 40 miles together every morning in the same transit,  They've zero PPE, no wash facilities, fvck all.  They're just cracking on as usual.  I'm sure they're happy to be earning but there is no consideration for their safety.  Then 40 miles home together & back to their families.

The working guidelines have been left vague enough that those employers/employees that need the money can carry on as usual.  If the government was serious about people's safety then all realistically non-essential work would be stopped.  The economy cannot afford to do that & people's lives are being gambled with.

B&Q being open is about nothing more than money.  I'm sure now is a great time for a lot of people to get some jobs done around the house but what part of that is 'essential'?

Edited by pSinatra
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

lol yeah 

Stop taking the piss she deserves a lot more respect. Under her stewardship nightclub related violence has decreased dramatically in just one month.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

I think people like him mostly because they want to hear something reassuring. 

46 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

B&Q has reopened

Shoplifters paradise :ph34r:

The staff at B&Q are a bit rude.

I was in there earlier and some idiot in an orange apron came over and asked me if I wanted decking. 

Luckily I got the first punch in :thumbup:

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Facecloth said:

Wonder if he still feels the same about the NHS?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-39051561/karol-sikora-the-nhs-is-the-last-bastion-of-communism

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

The staff at B&Q are a bit rude.

I was in there earlier and some idiot in an orange apron came over and asked me if I wanted decking. 

Luckily I got the first punch in :thumbup:

That's an extra ban on top of the other one incoming.

• Like 1