Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

And there we have it.

Look, it's a sh*t situation and for the elderly and vulnerable it's even worse and will go on for longer. But that doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to get on with their lives*

* In a capacity that doesn't put the elderly at risk.

Getting on with their lives is a very broad term, adhering to the what the government has asked is the safest and quickest way out for the masses in the long term.

4 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

And there we have it.

Look, it's a sh*t situation and for the elderly and vulnerable it's even worse and will go on for longer. But that doesn't mean others shouldn't be able to get on with their lives*

If the rules change then fine ...... but they haven’t and you didn’t highlight the bit after where I mentioned about the full national parks which will absolutely lead to R heading back above 1 which absolutely puts the elderly and NHS workers at risk 

3 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

And there we have it.

So it's OK for you to carry on with your life, drive your car and have a crash, it might not be your fault but then take up a bed in the hospital that someone with Covid 19 might need? When you could have just stayed in? 

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Surely 'the spirit of things' is to keep away from others outside of our households unnecessarily? 

If you drive to a national park and God forbid have any kind of emergency, you are putting the NHS under unnecessary strain. 

Just stay at home? 

How long has the outdoors been a black hole of danger? lol I could just as likely trip and fall in my own home.

I live in the city centre, so in a government approved walk I'm encountering many more people than I would in a driven-to isolated spot of beauty.

It's not as black and white as many people seem to think it is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

So it's OK for you to carry on with your life, drive your car and have a crash, it might not be your fault but then take up a bed in the hospital that someone with Covid 19 might need? When you could have just stayed in? 

You're talking very small numbers there.

On 15/04/2020 at 18:05, FoxesDeb said:

I've been made to realise today just how differently some of us are finding the current situation. I've said before that I'm loving working from home, it suits me and I'm already dreading having to return to the office. But I'm also very grateful to still have my job and the salary it brings with it. One of my colleagues got a bit emotional though in our team meeting, she's feeling really isolated and is definitely struggling. 

Little things I know in the big scheme of things, but an eye opener nonetheless. 

4 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Easy to say when you're enjoying staying in Deb. :dunno:

26 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I have a friend in W. Covina LA. who is spending much of his time driving out to the Mojave desert and San Gabriel Mountains with his wife and two sons hitched to a trailer of motocrossers. Complete isolation. 

I’d love that, my boy is really missing motocross :(

1 minute ago, Nod.E said:

You're talking very small numbers there.

Just now, Innovindil said:

Easy to say when you're enjoying staying in Deb. :dunno:

I'm talking about myself. I'm not old enough to die yet because someone wants to go outside. 

I guess I'm enjoying staying in because I know I'm at less risk of dying. I'm in the most vulnerable category, but I don't think my children or my partner are ready to lose me in my mid forties just because people are getting fed up with being at home. 

If I need a hospital bed I don't want it to be already occupied by someone in perfectly good health who had an accident going outside because they were a bit bored. 

• Like 2

Feels a bit difficult to criticise people for trying to brighten their lives in really quite low risk ways, common sense trumps absolute compliance in my book. I guess I 'break the rules' by going for two walks a day but one of them is at 11pm on a route where I haven't come into contact with a soul for 4 weeks. Some might jump on that not being 'the rules' but it's making no difference to anyone. Of course there is a risk of the 'tragedy of the commons' situation if everyone did it but at that point the common sense bit stops you doing it. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

How long has the outdoors been a black hole of danger? lol I could just as likely trip and fall in my own home.

I live in the city centre, so in a government approved walk I'm encountering many more people than I would in a driven-to isolated spot of beauty.

It's not as black and white as many people seem to think it is.

Well it’s not if you take the governments advice and go fruit picking, 

Hey Priti, fancy picking a few strawberry’s for the nation.

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

I suspect there'll be an announcement tomorrow about loosening up the lockdown. They seem to be building up to it to coincide with Boris's return.

I dunno, the numbers are going down because of lockdown, if they are on about lifting it in a week i can see it being absolute minimal, I personally think we should keep doing what were doing for another 2 weeks at least, a second spout would absolutely cripple the country 

4 minutes ago, lestajigs said:

I dunno, the numbers are going down because of lockdown, if they are on about lifting it in a week i can see it being absolute minimal, I personally think we should keep doing what were doing for another 2 weeks at least, a second spout would absolutely cripple the country 

I was thinking more of saying infant schools can open on May 15th (or whatever), hairdressers in 3 weeks, something like that.

• Like 2

I see people on twitter (yes I know) complaining the Nightingale hospital in Birmingham has no patients. Isn't the whole point of these hospitals that they are there in case hospitals capacity becomes overstretched?

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Tuna said:

I see people on twitter (yes I know) complaining the Nightingale hospital in Birmingham has no patients. Isn't the whole point of these hospitals that they are there in case hospitals capacity becomes overstretched?

I'm of the mind that if these extra hospitals never have a single patient and are eventually turned back to normal then we've had a good result.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, davieG said:

I've just come back from another walk and although I couldn't see the m1 the noise was loud and continuous so I'll believe what I'm seeing/hearing.

I live on a boat in Barrow upon Soar and in 1 hour 90 people walked past, if you multiply that by 8hrs which is the peak times between 9am and 5pm and add a couple of hundred for the quiter times before 9 and after 5 , Near on a thousand people a day are trudging past.

I have been here for four years now and have never had this amount of foot traffic,  ever.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

That's what I thought too. Having the capacity in case standard hospitals become far too overstretched. And perhaps in preparation of a second wave too... 

10 minutes ago, Tuna said:

And probably the same people would moan if these Nightingale hospitals didn't exist and the NHS had ran out of beds. Authorities can't win, but they made the right choice in building them.

• Like 3

Definitely people are getting relaxed with the lockdown. I've never seen so many people out walking/cycling/running/ walking with dogs which I'm sure they never had months ago!!!!

Went Lidl in town and had to almost shout at a couple  for almost jumping me while I was bending down to get some cans of beans(This is not a euphemism!!).

"Can you move away please any closer you'll be inside me!!!"

Loads of traffic in general too...be interesting if the weather's nice for the bank holiday,I think you'll see some scenes!!!