Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

8 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Went to a seperate bit of the house or a seperate building I read.

The issue is, how is that provable is unprovable?

“Yeah I went to a mate’s house last week, they er... had medical kit for my ill kid... don’t worry though they were upstairs whilst I was there for two days... “

It flies in the face of the rules totally and encourages the public. I understand you’re being balanced, but other officials have been sacked for less.

Edited by Finnaldo

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably to get help from a family member, as that's the sensible thing to do. Anyone who gets ill, can't look after their child and doesn't get help must have a screw loose. If my child was genuienly in danger or trouble, no law or restriction would matter to me.

All valid points but on the final one, surely you have to expect to face the consequences? Instead they've approached it by saying absolutely nothing wrong was done.

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

All valid points but on the final one, surely you have to expect to face the consequences? Instead they've approached it by saying absolutely nothing wrong was done.

Definitely, I'd rather they just said they should have got someone else to take the child but they panicked o r something. I can't find the guidelines on childcare with ill parents, I don't know if anything was created with regards to it.

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

A self-isolating nurse who has been separated from her two-year-old son for five weeks has said not being able to hug him has been "heartbreaking".

Charlotte Cole took the "hard decision" to move George to her parents, who live five minutes away, after Covid-19 was confirmed at one of her workplaces.

The 30-year-old and her husband have been making daily trips to see the toddler through a window ever since.

No outrage over the nurse yet? DAILY VISITS?! 

I for one am fuming tbh.

Whatever the charge for witchcraft was, Ms Cole deserves no less than that.

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

A self-isolating nurse who has been separated from her two-year-old son for five weeks has said not being able to hug him has been "heartbreaking".

Charlotte Cole took the "hard decision" to move George to her parents, who live five minutes away, after Covid-19 was confirmed at one of her workplaces.

The 30-year-old and her husband have been making daily trips to see the toddler through a window ever since.

I for one am fuming tbh.

“Through a window”

So, they haven’t gone into the house and stayed for days?

C’mon lads lol 

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

“Through a window”

C’mon lads lol 

But you're not allowed to see family UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Or leave your house.

Or y'know...vote tory.

:D 

2 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

“Through a window”

C’mon lads lol 

Not to mention that they themselves haven't had it (or at least not confirmed?) yet Cummings and his missus did have symptoms at the very least...

Also, a 5 minute journey. Hardly the multiple-hour, lengthy London to Durham journey is it lol 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Probably to get help from a family member, as that's the sensible thing to do. Anyone who gets ill, can't look after their child and doesn't get help must have a screw loose. If my child was genuienly in danger or trouble, no law or restriction would matter to me.

Perhaps he and the government should have thought this through then when they drafted the regulations, to make sure that parents can get help in such a situation to ensure that children can be safely moved to alternative care. In any case, he is a rich and powerful person who could easily have made alternative arrangements himself, not some single mother with 3 kids to look after.

Its interesting to see some (not all) of the Tory boys on here tying themselves in knots trying to defend his actions. I don’t remember anyone, Tory or otherwise defending Ferguson, and his “mistakes” were far less serious as he was not only asymptomatic, but had already recovered from infection and thought he was immune. Still stupid and irresponsible on his part and he was right to resign from SAGE.

Once again, this should not be a matter of politics. Surely it is epidemic control 101 to prevent infected persons moving around in order to stop the spread of infection?

His actions were outright dangerous to others, as well as setting an incredibly bad example and precedent for others to follow. The government doubling down by claiming that he was operating within the guidelines compounds the problem by suggesting that anyone infected can travel to the other end of the country on any dubious context.

Edited by WigstonWanderer
  • Like 1

Just now, Innovindil said:

But you're not allowed to see family UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Or leave your house.

Or y'know...vote tory.

:D 

So if this is the case, where's your outrage or disdain for Cummings? 

10 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

“Yeah I went to a mate’s house last week, they er... had medical kit for my ill kid... don’t worry though they were upstairs whilst I was there for two days... “

It flies in the face of the rules totally and encourages the public. I understand you’re being balanced, but other officials have been sacked for less.

Yeah it's not provable. I said from the start they'll say it was all within guidelines and we'll have no way of proving otherwise. So unless we get some photos of them in the garden doing the congo, we won't ever know for sure.

7 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I for one am fuming tbh.

Is this supposed to be a defence of Cummings?  You're going to have to walk me through it. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Or they're both clearly breaches of the lockdown rules and should be treated as such?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Not to mention that they themselves haven't had it (or at least not confirmed?) yet Cummings and his missus did have symptoms at the very least...

Also, a 5 minute journey. Hardly the multiple-hour, lengthy London to Durham journey is it lol 

:)

12 minutes ago, Finnaldo said:

Either way...went to a separate house to do exactly what they would have done in London and/or place a potentially infectious child in another home. 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Yeah it's not provable. I said from the start they'll say it was all within guidelines and we'll have no way of proving otherwise. So unless we get some photos of them in the garden doing the congo, we won't ever know for sure.

The guidelines are incredibly clear. Obviously he'll get away with ti though.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/what-to-do-if-you-or-someone-you-live-with-has-coronavirus-symptoms/staying-at-home-if-you-or-someone-you-live-with-has-coronavirus-symptoms/
image.thumb.png.1b716e0b3855a7557f3f74c8fff98503.png

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

At the risk of appearing rabid he didn't move house.  He travelled to a 2nd house.  People were allowed to move house because not doing so would have obviously left them homeless in some cases.  Going to 2nd homes was explicitly forbidden.  Travelling was permitted in exceptional circumstances.  Travelling with the virus was explicitly forbidden.  There are lots of conservatives who are upset by this too (though apparently not the ones in office) so it's not a lefty realpolitik problem, though it is at the risk of becoming a right-wing doublethink problem.

No it wasn't.  Those with 2nd homes were strongly advised to stay away unless for exceptional circumstances.  

Those exceptional circumstances included seeking childcare whilst ill as discussed by the Deputy CMO on the 24th of March:

image.thumb.png.7ecadf020695011961cccbd894ef851f.png

image.thumb.png.3fcae0024f4419d1bd7a16070a6c76aa.png

I'm sorry but this is an absolute non-story.  As a father of two small children myself, I'd do whatever it takes to ensure there was a plan in place to ensure they are looked after by those I trust the most in case the worst was to happen to me and/or my wife.

Edited by BlueSi13

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I for one am fuming tbh.

Remind me which senior government post said nurse holds again, and of the role she had in coming up with these regulations?

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

No it wasn't.  Those with 2nd homes were strongly advised to stay away unless for exceptional circumstances.  

Those exceptional circumstances included seeking childcare whilst ill:

image.thumb.png.7ecadf020695011961cccbd894ef851f.png

image.thumb.png.3fcae0024f4419d1bd7a16070a6c76aa.png

When’s that dated from? 

2 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Exactly my point. That’s why being at a second home or separate premises was banned. Anyone else, you’ve broke lockdown and if you’re caught, you’re fined. 

2 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Either way...went to a separate house to do exactly what they would have done in London and/or place a potentially infectious child in another home. 

Well in that case, he shouldn’t be making the trip at all, especially to the other end of the country. 

I’ve seen less holes in a slice of Leerdammer than this cover story lol

• Like 1