Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If the government can do what they like then so can I, as far as I'm concerned. In so much as being socially distant and having very small gatherings outdoors. I'll do what I deem is safe and acceptable, not listening to these bumbling morons anymore. 

I agree that this might be the overriding feeling, and that advice now to stay home seems laughable, however just remember it's not just yourself you are putting at risk if you avoid SAGE advice.

25 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Twitter really is the modern day witch trials lol

It really is we are getting towards Series 1 Episode 7 of The Orville - Majority Rule

If you get 10 million down votes its a lobotomy as social correction   

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

Actually, it’s 52/28 with presumably the 30% remaining being tories that can’t bring themselves to ditch the man who engineered brexit....

Maths not your strong point mate :ph34r:?

12 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If the government can do what they like then so can I, as far as I'm concerned. In so much as being socially distant and having very small gatherings outdoors. I'll do what I deem is safe and acceptable, not listening to these bumbling morons anymore. 

This is a key point for me. Defend him if you want but don't fvcking expect many people to actually adhere to the guidance now. This will be Mardi Gras for many and frankly why the hell not?

If the government choose when they give a shit, so should the public.

It'll be interesting to see what happens now. Public pressure, tough Labour questioning and pressure from Tory backbenchers did for the NHS surcharge, and that level of criticism was mild compared to this.

If he stays after completely undermining the government, we can only assume that he has something big on leading figures. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens now. Public pressure, tough Labour questioning and pressure from Tory backbenchers did for the NHS surcharge, and that level of criticism was mild compared to this.

If he stays after completely undermining the government, we can only assume that he has something big on leading figures. 

Or he was actually the mastermind behind Brexit and the Tory landslide in the GE:ph34r:

5 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

This is a key point for me. Defend him if you want but don't fvcking expect many people to actually adhere to the guidance now. This will be Mardi Gras for many and frankly why the hell not?

If the media can sustain ‘doing a Cummings’ for anyone doing whatever they want to  over the next few weeks then he may not be able to hang on ..... it depends if the MSM decide they want rid of him or not ........

• Like 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Or he was actually the mastermind behind Brexit and the Tory landslide in the GE:ph34r:

Who's now causing considerable damage and anger.

The sole reason he's enjoying any support at all is partisan defence from Brexiter and Tory fanatics. 

9 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Yeah, think this is the trigger for people who've been frustrated and had difficulties to just throw it out, possibly do similar and visit family members a fair distance away and, as much as they'll try, the Government will struggle to get the message across.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, st albans fox said:

My life in computing didn’t last long and was in derby! (they’re not all Neanderthals btw ......but most are) 

and I couldn't afford the life I have here in London  .......  So yes, I’m stuck with a commute .....  but St Albans is a pretty great place to be. @harpendenfox would way prefer to live in St Albans 😉

onto more pressing matters ...... do those wearing masks feel that they help remind you re social distancing. over the past week or two as it’s got busier out there, I find myself slipping easily into non social distancing scenarios when out and about BUT when I’m wearing a mask or find myself near people wearing masks I’m constantly reminded about our current situation.  I know the behavioural scientists are concerned that wearing masks will make people feel less at risk with potential problems for transmission but my experience is that is that is has stopped me drifting back to the default way of doing things that is simply social reflex. 

At least 15 minutes less journey time to the KP for me...... 🦊🦊🦊

• Haha 1

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Which seems to be the majority of the voting public.

Nope.

41% of Tory voters think he should resign and a majority of Leave voters.

There's a difference between 'voter' and 'fanatic.'

Also, Leave hasn't led a single poll since 2017 anyway. 

10 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

I'm not not giving a care though, I care greatly and don't want to put people at risk, but having an outdoor socially distant gathering in a garden is much, much less dangerous than going to a supermarket or a park. Went bradgate Park on Wednesday, absolutely choca block, bugger all social distancing going on, nobs on bikes flying right by. I know what's safer for me and my family, balls to this hypocritical lot at the helm. 

1 minute ago, Bilo said:

Nope.

41% of Tory voters think he should resign and a majority of Leave voters.

There's a difference between 'voter' and 'fanatic.'

Also, Leave hasn't led a single poll since 2017 anyway. 

You'll be telling me the people of the UK want to remain next.

Just now, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

I'm not not giving a care though, I care greatly and don't want to put people at risk, but having an outdoor socially distant gathering in a garden is much, much less dangerous than going to a supermarket or a park. Went bradgate Park on Wednesday, absolutely choca block, bugger all social distancing going on, nobs on bikes flying right by. I know what's safer for me and my family, balls to this hypocritical lot at the helm. 

Only advise I'd give, is shield from the elderly or vulnerable (that's if you are serious about seeing family), as it'll be you and them that suffers in the end, not Cummings or anyone in the Government who's broken the rules.

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

You'll be telling me the people of the UK want to remain next.

Not now we've left, obviously. But as he said there's consistently been a lead for Remain since 2017. Anyway, don't want to sidetrack the thread....

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Only advise I'd give, is shield from the elderly or vulnerable (that's if you are serious about seeing family), as it'll be you and them that suffers in the end, not Cummings or anyone in the Government who's broken the rules.

But going to a garden is so much less dangerous than meeting at a park with hundreds of morons doing what they like. 

Edited by Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot
R

7 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was just coming to post this. Surely he can't stay now. Johnson has to grow some balls and sack him.