Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, BlueSi13 said:

But that would have put his sister at risk.  It's my understanding that the child still stayed with Cummings and his wife.  The sister dropped groceries outside his door.

If the child stayed with Cummings and his wife, only in a separate room and they didn't come in to contact with anyone or use any other parts of the houseetc, whats the reason to travel so far to just do that? Why not just stay in London?

Does it not put his sister/family at risk by them (all 3 of them) travelling up to Durham? And let's face it, if he's travelled that far I find it very, very hard to believe he's just gone straight in to another part of the house and not made any contact with them at all. I know this bit is speculating, but given he thinks it's okay to travel 260 miles, I think it's logical to think he's not just stayed in a separate part of the house - proving that will of course be difficult. 

26 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I couldn’t care a jot what happens with Cummings, I can understand his need to safe guard his kid. I just can’t understand how a 260 mile trip, whilst having a serious condition (with your kid in the car) is somehow the right thing. That would have to be an absolute last resort.

This is what I don't get, some people have fairly suggested that there was nothing wrong with Cummings looking out for the safety of his child, but what they have issue with is the distance he travelled?

Considering that it would appear (or at least there's no evidence) his family didn't make contact with anyone, if he'd have moved his family to just outside Watford, would people have no issue then?  

If it's just a mile or 500, isn't it up to Cummings and his wife to determine what safeguards are best for his child?  

Just now, StanSP said:

If the child stayed with Cummings and his wife, only in a separate room and they didn't come in to contact with anyone or use any other parts of the houseetc, whats the reason to travel so far to just do that? Why not just stay in London?

Does it not put his sister/family at risk by them (all 3 of them) travelling up to Durham? And let's face it, if he's travelled that far I find it very, very hard to believe he's just gone straight in to another part of the house and not made any contact with them at all. I know this bit is speculating, but given he thinks it's okay to travel 260 miles, I think it's logical to think he's not just stayed in a separate part of the house - proving that will of course be difficult. 

Because he wanted to stay very close to them in case the worst happened to him and his wife.  I've personally not seen anything that suggests the child was socially distant from both parents 100% of the time.  

Personally, If I had access to a property very close to those that I trusted the most to look after my children in case my wife and I were incapacitated then I'd do the exact same thing (the guidelines would allow me to do just that).  

Sure we'll never know if he really did stay socially distant.  But all that is just speculation.  

7 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

But that would have put his sister at risk.  It's my understanding that the child still stayed with Cummings and his wife.  The sister dropped groceries outside his door.

It does put his sister at risk, but only his sister. Travelling with the virus puts many more people at risk. I'm assuming service stations are open at some minimal level, you telling me between London and Durham they didnt stop for a toilet break? If you have symptoms or you have it, you are meant to isolate. If exceptional circumstances like this come up, then keep you contacts to a minimum. The minimum they could have done is get his sister to come to his house. She had no symptoms, hadn't tested positive, so her travelling down would have meant less chance of spreading the virus when stopping along the way. Unfortunate for her or whoever it was that was going to the house to look after the child, but better than spreading it to god knows how many.

20 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Haha I wish more people were like this.

Somebody does something unpopular on social media, so loads of people demand they lose their livlihoods. The worst thing is when people bow down and apologise (when in the majority of cases, it's totally unnecessary)

43 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

This is what I don't get, some people have fairly suggested that there was nothing wrong with Cummings looking out for the safety of his child, but what they have issue with is the distance he travelled?

Given this virus is energy sapping and makes you short of breath, driving 260 miles is bloody risky, isn't it? I'd be worried if it happened whilst sat on a bus minding my own business, let alone driving along a motorway with children in the car.

He shouldnt be allowed to resign...

He should be tarred & feathered,bis Family Instructor to do it, then politely told his position no longer exsists,

so don t bother turning up..!!!:ill:

Edited by fuchsntf