Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

16 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

It clearly states that although people are encouraged to stay in their own homes, if parents become too unwell to look after their own children it would be classed as an exceptional circumstance that would allow them to leave the household to seek alternative care arrangements. 

Are you actually suggesting that Cummings and partner should have allowed themselves to become so unwell that the children would have had to fend for themselves.  Do me a favour. lol

As I said before, as a father to very young children myself, I don't care if my trusted support network lives down the road or a thousand miles away, if I'm well enough  at that time to get them there (without putting anyone else in danger) I'm doing it.

As for the whole left-wing thing.  I thought it was absolutely ridiculous Stephen Kinnock was hauled over hot coals by the Police for driving to Wales from London to celebrate his dad's birthday (socially distanced of course). 

But don't forget, Cummings had symptoms and his wife (who also travelled?!) had the virus. And going by her own column in The Spectator, suffered pretty badly. 

Having said that, are they not putting their family in danger in Durham? 

As I think it was @Facecloth who said, why not have one of the sisters come down to London to pick up the child, as opposed to all 3 travelling up to Durham?

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

But don't forget, Cummings had symptoms and his wife (who also travelled?!) had the virus. And going by her own column in The Spectator, suffered pretty badly. 

As I think it was @Facecloth who said, why not have one of the sisters come down to London to pick up the child, as opposed to all 3 travelling up to Durham?

Can they drive?

Page 2 is the interesting bit (amongst everything else). 

Police confirm they went to the property. 

No. 10 said no contact with police with him or his family. 

Who's lying? 

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Myself and my wife discussed this exact scenario during the early days of this crisis, should we both be clearly on a downward spiral, all our friends are childless and footloose boozers. What would we do? What should we do? My parents are healthy, yet 100 miles away in Leicester, my sister is closer but is vulnerable, so that is out the question.
No idea in reality what we would have done, it would certainly be regarded as an emergency at least in our eyes.

My sister lives in Yorkshire. Me and mum are in Loughborough and Leicester, and her partners parents are in Edinburgh. They would have been in a similar situation as Cummings had they both fell ill, as they have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. They have friends who are local who they could have passed them on to, or I would have had to take time off work to go up and take care of them, as her partners parents are over 70, as is my mums partner, and mum is probably in a high risk category with all the bloody pills she takes. One thing for sure they wouldn't have been driving north or south.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Yes. 

Obviously. I think. 

Perhaps. Maybe. 

Who knows.

:ph34r:

She probably can, sure you are right, but I do not know. :dunno:

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

My sister lives in Yorkshire. Me and mum are in Loughborough and Leicester, and her partners parents are in Edinburgh. They would have been in a similar situation as Cummings had they both fell ill, as they have a 4 year old and a 2 year old. They have friends who are local who they could have passed them on to, or I would have had to take time off work to go up and take care of them, as her partners parents are over 70, as is my mums partner, and mum is probably in a high risk category with all the bloody pills she takes. One thing for sure they wouldn't have been driving north or south.

I get this, but there is literally no-one within 100 miles of us who I would have trusted to care for our son had we both fallen ill or be heading that way.

As stated before, our friends are still single party people, there are just lots of varying situations. 

4 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I get this, but there is literally no-one within 100 miles of us who I would have trusted to care for our son had we both fallen ill or be heading that way.

As stated before, our friends are still single party people, there are just lots of varying situations. 

I'm single, but I would still go and care for friends or families kids if it came to it. Maybe if your mates are more interested in getting pissed than helping you out, you need to reevaluate who your mates are.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

I'm single, but I would still go and care for friends or families kids if it came to it. Maybe if your mates are more interested in getting pissed than helping you out, you need to reevaluate who your mates are.

That's a little judgemental. People who aren't parents may not know how to or be able to properly look after young children. It's a learning curve, asking people to randomly have your child for 2 weeks with no notice isn't that simple.

I couldn’t care a jot what happens with Cummings, I can understand his need to safe guard his kid. I just can’t understand how a 260 mile trip, whilst having a serious condition (with your kid in the car) is somehow the right thing. That would have to be an absolute last resort.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

That's a little judgemental. People who aren't parents may not know how to or be able to properly look after young children. It's a learning curve, asking people to randomly have your child for 2 weeks with no notice isn't that simple.

You're right, but they're grown adults too, its time to step up ffs. We live in a world where we are more connected than ever. Are you telling me that none of them would have enough about them to call their parents, even facetime them and ask advice?

9 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Ok mate :thumbup:

Did mrs Cummings really suffer bad symptoms beyond a couple days?  The likelihood that both parents are v ill with this at the same time isn’t strong.  You incubate for several days and the person who gave it to you suffers a few days of bad symptoms (possibly) before you commence yours. And the symptoms are so variable, person to person that I doubt there are many couples who would have a scenario where neither was capable of caring for their kids. And as brizzle points out, isolating in London or Durham is surely effectively the same???.  

the excuses are bollux and hiding behind caring for their child is cowardly ..... admit you cheated the rules and resign. Show some balls - his boss defo won’t have the cahonas to do it ....

i’m not someone who usually shouts for resignations and retribution and I was ok with Jenrick’s excuse but this has annoyed me.  Cummings could have taken control of this weeks ago by admitting what he had happened and the reasoning behind it.  Public opinion may have supported him but trying to hide it and then making excuses now it’s out there is straightforward poor and shows poor judgement - I don’t want my govt’s senior advisor to be prone to such poor judgement (repeatedly) .....

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 1

Just now, Facecloth said:

That doesn't mean including me, I'm not looking after your kids lol

Judging  by your last comment, thank feck for that lol

1 minute ago, Strokes said:

His social circle is Tory MPs, would you want them looking after your kid?

lol

I'm not happy about them looking after my country, so no lol

• Haha 1

Can't really be arsed for the outrage culture but the Government have handled it weirdly. They clearly value him too much to sack him, instead of doubling down just admit he f ucked up big time, it won't happen again and move on with it. They're dragging it out this way. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, StanSP said:

But that would have put his sister at risk.  It's my understanding that the child still stayed with Cummings and his wife.  The sister dropped groceries outside his door.

10 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Can't really be arsed for the outrage culture but the Government have handled it weirdly. They clearly value him too much to sack him, instead of doubling down just admit he f ucked up big time, it won't happen again and move on with it. They're dragging it out this way. 

I wonder what dirt Cummings has on all of them...

8 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Problem is couple of Scientists pulled a similar stunt and they were screaming for them to step down, which they did. They shouldn’t be standing by him at all, get rid and it all goes away in 24 hours.