Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

People are just being deliberately dense. People on here are actually trying to tell me, if they were ill, unable to look after their children, they'd stick to the guidelines and let their child fend for themselves? Have a day off.

Now Cummings definitely could and should have done things different, he's in the wrong here, but stating you'd put your child in harms way and follow the guidelines, yeah rightlol He should be fined or whatever like any normal person, get a bollocking off Boris, state he was worried about his child as it was in danger, and that should be the end of it.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

So if you don't make the rules then they don't apply to you? Good to know. lol

As we’ve gone over, she’s not broke the guidelines as Cummings has, and it’s a five minute trip not a cross country trek.

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

But you're not allowed to see family UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

Or leave your house.

Or y'know...vote tory.

:D 

Nothing to do with me or Cummings breaking his own guidelines, I’m afraid.

1 minute ago, Facecloth said:

Surely the answer the what Cummings should have done is have someone, one person, come and move into his house to look after the child. I note his sister offered to take the child, so that's why he took him to the north east. Surely she could have travelled the 250 miles, and therefore not taken the virus with her, and moved in with the Cummings and his family. That way the virus doesn't get taken halfway across the country, and it only exposes one other person, his sister, to the virus. She can go home once she's quarantined there for the 2 weeks.

It's not ideal, but it's better than someone with the virus travelling that far and potentially exposing thousands to the virus whilst on his trip.

Agreed. He nor his wife should have been travelling.

Just now, Finnaldo said:

As we’ve gone over, she’s not broke the guidelines as Cummings has, and it’s a five minute trip not a cross country trek.

Nothing to do with me or Cummings breaking his own guidelines, I’m afraid.

I didn't mention Cummings at all in my post, and I have no idea why people are bringing him into a discussion about a nurse. Seems like some whataboutism. 

3 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

stating you'd put your child in harms way and follow the guidelines, yeah rightlol

You’d probably look at bit closer to home than having your child in a car with infectious adults for six hours 

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

You’d probably look at bit closer to home than having your child in a car with infectious adults for six hours 

Again, agreed. I've never disputed that. People claiming they'd follow the guidelines and have no-one leave or enter the house for 14 days though, yeah righto.

Just now, Innovindil said:

I didn't mention Cummings at all in my post, and I have no idea why people are bringing him into a discussion about a nurse. Seems like some whataboutism. 

Well I’m glad the nurse hasn’t broke the guidelines, maybe Dominic Cummings, adviser of the government who has put the guidelines in place, could take some lockdown etiquette lessons from her (over a Zoom meeting of course)

13 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

:)

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbh mate, I wasn't really outraged over the nurse. Just throwing it out there. lol

I know mate. But using it as some kind of leverance against the whole Cummings story is an odd take in it (and yes, just because you didn't mention him doesn't take away the fact we all know what you're trying to do lol )

6 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

No it wasn't.  Those with 2nd homes were strongly advised to stay away unless for exceptional circumstances.  

Those exceptional circumstances included seeking childcare whilst ill:

image.thumb.png.7ecadf020695011961cccbd894ef851f.png

image.thumb.png.3fcae0024f4419d1bd7a16070a6c76aa.png

Disregarding how unbelievable it is that they had no access to support within 250 miles, I'm not sure which part of this wording you suppose allows for cross-country road trips by parties who know themselves to be infected.  That's the bit that keeps getting ignored by Cummings' defenders:  He travelled a huge distance in a vehicle with 2 known carriers.  Any private citizen or left-wing personality who took the same measures would be rightfully dragged over the coals for this whole fvck up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

No it wasn't.  Those with 2nd homes were strongly advised to stay away unless for exceptional circumstances.  

Those exceptional circumstances included seeking childcare whilst ill as discussed by the Deputy CMO on the 24th of March:

I'm sorry but this is an absolute non-story.  As a father of two small children myself, I'd do whatever it takes to ensure there was a plan in place to ensure they are looked after by those I trust the most in case the worst was to happen to me and/or my wife.

Can’t see anywhere in what you’ve quoted that it says you can leave your house. It says you have to work though your local authority hub (whatever that means).

Just now, StanSP said:

I know mate. But using it as some kind of leverance against the whole Cummings story is an odd take in it (and yes, just because you didn't mention him doesn't take away the fact we all know what you're trying to do lol )

Tbf, I was just hoping that some people that are going OTT DEATH TO ALL TORIES over it would maybe get a sense that sometimes people can make mistakes for a reason that at a minimum, they believe to be the right call.

Won't hold my breath though and give some people the satisfaction of watching me croak it. :ph34r:

21 minutes ago, BlueSi13 said:

Those exceptional circumstances included seeking childcare whilst ill as discussed by the Deputy CMO on the 24th of March:

I'm sorry but this is an absolute non-story.  As a father of two small children myself, I'd do whatever it takes to ensure there was a plan in place to ensure they are looked after by those I trust the most in case the worst was to happen to me and/or my wife.

But presumably they stayed together as a family unit in Durham and the child did not have contact with the extended family because that would truly be a huge issue re transmission. 

surely they could have done that in London and asked for help from friends re shopping ??? 

it’s not like he doesn’t have contacts in high places to help out ???

its inexcusable- end of 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Tbf, I was just hoping that some people that are going OTT DEATH TO ALL TORIES over it would maybe get a sense that sometimes people can make mistakes for a reason that at a minimum, they believe to be the right call.

Won't hold my breath though and give some people the satisfaction of watching me croak it. :ph34r:

They are similar scenarios but not the same. It's quite clear that one person went much further in bending the rules (breaking them) as opposed to the other...

Also, death to all Tories!? You know none of us are Miriam Margolyes right?!

3 minutes ago, Carl the Llama said:

Disregarding how unbelievable it is that they had no access to support within 250 miles, I'm not sure which part of this wording you suppose allows for cross-country road trips by parties who know themselves to be infected.  That's the bit that keeps getting ignored by Cummings' defenders:  He travelled a huge distance in a vehicle with 2 known carriers.  Any private citizen or left-wing personality who took the same measures would be rightfully dragged over the coals for this whole fvck up.

It clearly states that although people are encouraged to stay in their own homes, if parents become too unwell to look after their own children it would be classed as an exceptional circumstance that would allow them to leave the household to seek alternative care arrangements. 

Are you actually suggesting that Cummings and partner should have allowed themselves to become so unwell that the children would have had to fend for themselves.  Do me a favour. lol

As I said before, as a father to very young children myself, I don't care if my trusted support network lives down the road or a thousand miles away, if I'm well enough  at that time to get them there (without putting anyone else in danger) I'm doing it.

As for the whole left-wing thing.  I thought it was absolutely ridiculous Stephen Kinnock was hauled over hot coals by the Police for driving to Wales from London to celebrate his dad's birthday (socially distanced of course). 

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

It clearly states that although people are encouraged to stay in their own homes, if parents become too unwell to look after their own children it would be classed as an exceptional circumstance that would allow them to leave the household to seek alternative care arrangements. 

Are you actually suggesting that Cummings and partner should have allowed themselves to become so unwell that the children would have had to fend for themselves.  Do me a favour. lol

As I said before, as a father to very young children myself, I don't care if my trusted support network lives down the road or a thousand miles away, if I'm well enough  at that time to get them there (without putting anyone else in danger) I'm doing it.

As for the whole left-wing thing.  I thought it was absolutely ridiculous Stephen Kinnock was hauled over hot coals by the Police for driving to Wales from London to celebrate his dad's birthday (socially distanced of course). 

I am not.  If you want to quote back the bits that gave you that idea I'll happily clear it up.

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Why ?

it was against the guidelines 

if everyone took that attitude then the roads would be well busy and there would be more accidents and etc etc 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

nobody apart from you seems to care if he’s a tory cu nt or just your average, run of the mill cu nt, tbh mate. 

• Haha 1

“No political discussion” but that can’t be helped today due to Cummings being a massive cvnt lol 

All of today’s nonsense has just got me thinking, who has the more punchable face?

Cummings

Gove

Raab

Hanock

1 minute ago, st albans fox said:

But presumably they stayed together as a family unit in Durham and the child did not have contact with the extended family because that would truly be a huge issue re transmission. 

surely they could have done that in London and asked for help from friends re shopping ??? 

it’s not like he doesn’t have contacts in high places to help out ???

its inexcusable- end of 

This for me is key. It would seem that they are trying to spin the child safeguarding angle here but in this situation it just doesn't add up. 

Apparently they didn't have any direct  contact with the extended family and stayed together as a 3, with a sister dropping off supplies...so basically some thing they could have done by staying at home, replacing the sister with Cummings brother in law who lives in London, his closest aide who lives around the corner, Ocado or ffs maybe even Gove could have dropped some pasta and milk off on his daily run!

I almost felt sorry for Michael Green being thrown under the bus to try and negotiate today's presser whilst changing govt policy on the hoof.. Only almost because the guy is a total charlatan. 

Anyway seems you can interpret lockdown in any way you want now so I'm off down the pub. 

this fella on the news saying he can’t believe anyone even cares because “it’s not laws we’re talking about here, just advice”

jesus fu cking christ 

3 minutes ago, kingfox said:

“No political discussion” but that can’t be helped today due to Cummings being a massive cvnt lol 

All of today’s nonsense has just got me thinking, who has the more punchable face?

Cummings

Gove

Raab

Hanock

Always Gove

Myself and my wife discussed this exact scenario during the early days of this crisis, should we both be clearly on a downward spiral, all our friends are childless and footloose boozers. What would we do? What should we do? My parents are healthy, yet 100 miles away in Leicester, my sister is closer but is vulnerable, so that is out the question.
No idea in reality what we would have done, it would certainly be regarded as an emergency at least in our eyes.