Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

2 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

For me personally i’d rather not know.I can appreciate those that would like to find out though.Can imagine a few who might end up slightly disappointed by the results.

Seeing loads on social media buying the antibody tests, then saying they don't trust the result after it turns up negative. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If someone's genuinely worried about their child, it's a little different to someone getting a shag, come on Stanlol

What makes the Cummings' concern for their child more valid than that of every single infected parent in the country?

• Like 1

Just now, brucey said:

Seeing loads on social media buying the antibody tests, then saying they don't trust the result after it turns up negative. 

The number of people away from Greater London who make comments like ‘ yeah, I felt a bit unwell in jan/feb so probably had it’ is weird.

the current stats indicate approx 1 in 5 in London area and 1 in 19 outside.   Maybe a general realisation that the vast majority have not had this virus isn’t a bad thing as we become a bit too blasé in general ....

• Like 2

Just now, Carl the Llama said:

What makes the Cummings' concern for their child more valid than that of every single infected parent in the country?

If both parents have gotten coronavirus, what are you meant to do? Any normal person would be the same in finding childcare (not that they'd travel 250 miles for it).

15 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

We won't ever know if it was Cummings taking the piss or him genuinely trying to get childcare. I'm pretty certain he could have gotten someone else to take the children though, rather than going himself.I

More the defence of it is taking the piss. You admit it’s an error and a mistake. A human reaction. 

1 minute ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

More the defence of it is taking the piss. You admit it’s an error and a mistake. A human reaction. 

Yeah I agree there. Various other things he could have done like gotten someone else to take the child/children, get someone closer to home to look after them or seek help through the Government itself.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

Why should he be looking for someone else to have the child?  The measures were very clear in that if anyone in the family shows symptoms, everybody locks down.

The story given so far is in breach of the lockdown measures.  You cannot travel to a 2nd home.  It doesn't matter if that is 10 minutes away or 250 miles away, you cannot do it.

But he does it and people back him up for what he did!  He isn't even bending the rules, or looking for a loophole with this one, it's a straightforward violation of the measures put in place.

lol

It's a disgrace.  General public get wind of this and even more people will take the **** quite frankly. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

Why should he be looking for someone else to have the child?  The measures were very clear in that if anyone in the family shows symptoms, everybody locks down.

The story given so far is in breach of the lockdown measures.  You cannot travel to a 2nd home.  It doesn't matter if that is 10 minutes away or 250 miles away, you cannot do it.

But he does it and people back him up for what he did!  He isn't even bending the rules, or looking for a loophole with this one, it's a straightforward violation of the measures put in place.

lol

It's a disgrace.  General public get wind of this and even more people will take the **** quite frankly. 

Typical of the conservatives. What rule breaking and skullduggery haven't they attempted to smooth over in-house over the years? 

Back to stats 

A breakdown of the latest weekly statistics of Covid-19 patients admitted to critical care units in England, Wales and Northern Ireland shows doctors have become more skilled at keeping seriously ill patients alive during the course of the pandemic.

Recent statistics, from the Intensive Care National Audit & Research Centre, show that of the 5,330 patients who needed advanced respiratory support, more than half (54.4%) are still alive. 

This marks a significant improvement from the early days of the crisis: figures produced up to Thursday 9 April showed that only a third of patients who needed advanced respiratory support survived.

Overall, 3,302 patients admitted to critical care have died, and 4,145 patients have been discharged. The rest are still receiving critical care.

Men make up more than 70% of patients in critical care - a characteristic constant throughout the pandemic.

A third of patients are from ethnic minority backgrounds, despite only making up around one fifth of the population.The reasons remain unclear, but health issues, living conditions and occupation have all been touted as possible factors, alongside the possibility of unknown genetic differences.

Being overweight also appears to be a significant risk factor. 

Nearly three-quarters of the patients had a body mass index higher than the recommended healthy level of 18.5 to 25. Some 35.1% had a BMI of 25 to 30 - the overweight range. Some 38.8% had a BMI over more than 30 - putting them in the obese range.

The average age of the patients admitted to critical care is 58.6 years.

In terms of outcome, the older patients are, the higher the risk of death. Of the 585 patients aged 16-39, 17.6% died. In contrast of the 1,404 patients aged 70-79, 64.1% died.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Carl the Llama said:

Bit worrying that the Prime Minister's chief adviser doesn't trust a single person in London.

In all fairness, there aren’t many people I’d trust looking after my kids overnight.

Half dozen at best.

Absolute crime of the century.

Guys drives to Durham as a contingency to protect his children in case the worst was to happen.

Didn't see his parents.  His sister left food at his door.  Didn't break the law.

image.png.cc40c24dfeba6eafce8431f94531066b.png

image.png.ab29e880945834a430e94b3ff01b3758.png

Edited by BlueSi13

1 minute ago, BlueSi13 said:

Absolute crime of the century.

Guys drives to Durham as a contingency to protect his children in case the worst was to happen.

Didn't see his parents.  His sister left food at his door.  Didn't break the law.

Conflicts with the police report when they went to visit his parents' house and his own parents confirmed he had been there :dunno:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

he wasn’t particularly ill at the time they decided to make the trip ....l I think his wife was 

Yeah I saw that. I (presumably) had a mild form of the virus. Even in its mild form I would no way have wanted to travel that far - all I wanted to do was lie back on the sofa. Of course she might not have been feeling the effects as much as me..., but then there wouldn't have been any issues with childcare would there. Couples get ill with bad colds and flu all the time, they don't drive 260 miles to get back up childcare. 

6 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Conflicts with the police report when they went to visit his parents' house and his own parents confirmed he had been there :dunno:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive .....he could have been there without actually seeing his parents ...... unlikely though !  But surely feasible that there was no contact, especially given their circumstances 

Just now, st albans fox said:

The two aren’t mutually exclusive .....he could have been there without actually seeing his parents ...... unlikely though !  But surely feasible that there was no contact, especially given their circumstances 

Went to a seperate bit of the house or a seperate building I read.

5 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If you and your partner are seriously ill with Coronavirus, are you going to let your 4 year old make his own tea and look after himself for a week?lol

What did he expect other people in similar circumstances to do when he helped draft the restrictions?

1 minute ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What did he expect other people in similar circumstances to do when he helped draft the restrictions?

Probably to get help from a family member, as that's the sensible thing to do. Anyone who gets ill, can't look after their child and doesn't get help must have a screw loose. If my child was genuienly in danger or trouble, no law or restriction would matter to me.