Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
simFox

Corona Virus

Message added by Mark

No political discussion in this topic. That is complaining about a country, a politician, a party and/or its voters, etc

Just now, Bellend Sebastian said:

Am I missing something - is saying sorry seen as fatally undermining someone's position these days? My instinct is that this would be playing a LOT better if he apologised, even a bit

He’d have done himself a world of good by as soon as this reared it’s head. Apologise and be honest, then sound out the public’s response. The way this has been dealt with has been an absolute train wreck.

There will still be people breaking their necks to defend 'their team' over this. 

Absolutely everyone of any political leading should be fuming with the government over this fiasco. 

They've got their dicks out and whapping them around, here. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Strongly disagree. Amazed our so called media hadn't found this out for themselves. It was the first reason I thought of

It's like saying you'd drive 10 minutes after 5 pints to see if you're okay before driving 2 hours.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, SystonFox said:

I’m not one to jump on our own players back but I’ve just seen Wilfs Insta story..... what’s he playing at?

9 hours ago, SystonFox said:

Just seems to be involved in a huge party.... unless it’s old footage it just seems a bit off. Maybe I’m jumping the gun here

It’s Wilf’s wedding anniversary, he’s been posting pics and videos from his wedding ceremony last year.

someone who I know is a single mum with a six year old child. She came down with pretty nasty covid symptoms but still had to isolate alone with the child. She was ill in bed for days, barely able to get up at all and had to rely on a neighbour passing bowls of coco pops, beans on toast etc through the door for the kid. At no point did it occur to anyone that she might have been able to seek an "alternative arrangement". 

A pretty unpleasant ordeal for both mum and daughter but they still "stayed home"

So he was unsure on his ability to drive yet chose to go on a drive with his family? Surely if you felt you might not be capable you wouldn't risk your family coming aswell. Unbelievable that he thinks the public are gullible enough to believe his excuses.

Guest ttfn

Putting to one side the fact that it’s an obvious lie, it’s  one thing testing your eyesight out by driving half an hour. It’s another thing doing that with your kid in the backseat.

Given that this whole exercise was about looking after his child it doesn’t make any sense to take his kid with him if he was sufficiently worried about his eyesight to warrant a local trip.

It doesn’t make any sense at all.

2 minutes ago, ttfn said:

Putting to one side the fact that it’s an obvious lie, it’s  one thing testing your eyesight out by driving half an hour. It’s another thing doing that with your kid in the backseat.

He did what any father would do.

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

He is not a politician, what are people expecting? 

Why watch it if you know the ending. lol

People are expecting him to just tell the truth and that to then prove he’s not done anything wrong. If he just did that he wouldn’t be so flustered. So yeah people want a clear and open delivery.

He seems like a pretty honest guy, I accept his statement, it's obviously full of truths, we should now move on.

:ph34r:

PS. If he apologised, there's no way it would end there, it would be taken as admitting he's done wrong, with calls for him to resign carry on.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Tuna said:

The excuse for going to Barnard Castle is genuinely astonishing.

Come now. Surely we've all driven out to Rutland Water and back just to check we're fine to drive up to the Lake District later the same day?

• Haha 1