Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wolfox

FoxesTalk Strava virtual running club

@Costock_Fox I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to lol. I went running last week in temperatures of -2 and I had to call in a Mountain Rescue team with spot lights and helicopters to help locate my downstairs department! Luckily it turned up about 20 minutes later as the heat kicked in.

Have been seeing some really impressive runs and rides recently in the club, well done everyone! In case you are wondering, I'm Anil in the group and thanks for some of the kind words people have been posting, honestly hearing nice things and seeing people give you kudos does give you a small lift, which is one of the best things about Strava IMO. The small things add up!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, StriderHiryu said:

@Costock_Fox I'm glad I'm not the only one that happens to lol. I went running last week in temperatures of -2 and I had to call in a Mountain Rescue team with spot lights and helicopters to help locate my downstairs department! Luckily it turned up about 20 minutes later as the heat kicked in.

Have been seeing some really impressive runs and rides recently in the club, well done everyone! In case you are wondering, I'm Anil in the group and thanks for some of the kind words people have been posting, honestly hearing nice things and seeing people give you kudos does give you a small lift, which is one of the best things about Strava IMO. The small things add up!

Haha honestly the run I went on on Saturday I had genuine concerns of frost bite. I felt the numbness creeping around my hands, glad it’s warmer out there today.

Really enjoying getting back into the running (I'm the one with the terrible selfies on the group, normally with a dog!) but I do wonder how I'll find the time to actually keep it going when football comes back.  Kids footy and going to the KP I mean!  And travelling to work again. Managed to get out both days this weekend and can confirm it was brassic!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

Haha honestly the run I went on on Saturday I had genuine concerns of frost bite. I felt the numbness creeping around my hands, glad it’s warmer out there today.

I find it gets really bad between 5-15 mins but if you fight through it the warm blood eventually gets through and you're alright again. 

I must admit, there were a few runs I did recently I thought I would be losing fingers. The pain was immense!

25 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I find it gets really bad between 5-15 mins but if you fight through it the warm blood eventually gets through and you're alright again. 

I must admit, there were a few runs I did recently I thought I would be losing fingers. The pain was immense!

Yeah I got to the 15 minute mark and it got better but I do 5k in about 23 mins so was pretty much constant pain throughout. Much better out there today though.

15 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Been complaining about running in the cold weather recently but I was sweating my t*ts off today just because it was 8°c! 

Did a bit of a talksport celebrity hunt on my casual walk back and spotted a certain @UpTheLeagueFox on little glen road though lol

Prove it with photos or it didn't happen.... lol

[Little Glen Road was towards the end of my run/jog/walk hence why I looked so bolloxed]

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Did two miles, hamstring felt painful, bought a coffee, limped home. Ah bollox.

Loads of ice on that then tonight!!!

Just done a 15 minute run with a weighted backpack!

Normally do 2 circuits of this course, I was dead after one!!!

Bored of long(ish) runs so doing a few stupid things like this and 15-20 minutes of skipping to break it up.

Edited by Raj

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Put your feet up and take it easy Geoff. The injuries this season just keep coming.

I went out a couple of weeks ago about 1 1/2 hours before the Leeds game. I was

planning to run 8 miles but got about 4 miles from home and my legs just went. I

though I was gonna have to get a taxi home to make kick off.lol

• Like 1

16 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

This sort of thing just happens from time to time, not much you can do about it. You did the right thing of nursing yourself back home rather than pushing through the pain, because sometimes when you do that, you can really aggravate an injury.

If you are still feeling like that in a few days time, switch to walking for a bit instead of running, I find that it's better to do something rather than nothing at all as if you go completely cold turkey you find you lose a lot of your previous stamina very quickly indeed.

Also worth doing more pre and post run stretching, though this is some advice that I should listen to myself on ha ha!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This sort of thing just happens from time to time, not much you can do about it. You did the right thing of nursing yourself back home rather than pushing through the pain, because sometimes when you do that, you can really aggravate an injury.

If you are still feeling like that in a few days time, switch to walking for a bit instead of running, I find that it's better to do something rather than nothing at all as if you go completely cold turkey you find you lose a lot of your previous stamina very quickly indeed.

Also worth doing more pre and post run stretching, though this is some advice that I should listen to myself on ha ha!

Good advice!

I’ve just had 5 weeks of daily walking to build my ankle back up - I got up to running about 25 miles a week since Nov then in Jan just a slight roll on my ankle and I felt my acl pull... ended up at the hospital but fortunately it wasn’t torn. Ive started back this week with 2 mile jogs to try and get it back in the groove but I’ve a long way to go before going off-road and giving it a proper test in terms of any distance. I’m left doing squats and sit ups to try and get a bit of burn going on in the couple of miles I can do. Pleased to be back out again but running was my lockdown solace and the last weeks I’ve found really tough.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nick said:

Good advice!

I’ve just had 5 weeks of daily walking to build my ankle back up - I got up to running about 25 miles a week since Nov then in Jan just a slight roll on my ankle and I felt my acl pull... ended up at the hospital but fortunately it wasn’t torn. Ive started back this week with 2 mile jogs to try and get it back in the groove but I’ve a long way to go before going off-road and giving it a proper test in terms of any distance. I’m left doing squats and sit ups to try and get a bit of burn going on in the couple of miles I can do. Pleased to be back out again but running was my lockdown solace and the last weeks I’ve found really tough.

What is it with Leicester and the dreaded ACL injury eh!?

Well just like Ricardo and JJ, hope to see you back in action ASAP! I've never done something as serious as that before, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing, slow and steady wins the race in this case.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

What is it with Leicester and the dreaded ACL injury eh!?

Well just like Ricardo and JJ, hope to see you back in action ASAP! I've never done something as serious as that before, but it sounds like you are doing the right thing, slow and steady wins the race in this case.

I was lucky - not a tear or a snap just a strain... I’ve had an MRI on that ankle too after several ligament injuries- it’s a wonder it’s still bearing weight at all really! Did 3 miles today with 50 squats, 50 sit-ups then got home and did a bit of trap bar - gym tomorrow!

Edited by Nick
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Today I learnt that doing a flat-ish 10km is so much easier than doing any sort of distance at Bradgate park, that incline to old John is an absolute cvnt.

Heck yes. But the impact on fitness of doing some hills occasionally is massive, I find. Still hate Old John though

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Heck yes. But the impact on fitness of doing some hills occasionally is massive, I find. Still hate Old John though

Love a good hill…. Love trails…

Easier on your limbs than concrete 

Glorious solitude in beautiful countryside 

And it means you get to run downhill at some point!

The pic doesn’t do justice to how steep this really is!

s2rDt8v.jpg

• Like 1