Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Soarvalleyfox

Football shirts from China/Thailand

Hi I'm sorry if this has already been on here but I couldn't find it if it has. 

Has anyone successfully bought a fake shirt from China or Thailand? I've seen some websites where they look reasonable but I don't know how trustworthy they are or how there sizing works (I'm an XXL normally). Also, is it legal to buy from these sites? 🤔 

Thanks

My brother bought a few shirts from Thailand back the quality of them is great the only difference is the king power lettering is thinner I got a large which are the same size as a real medium so I’d suggest you order a xxxl, shirt and shorts cost me £7.50 so can’t complain.

• Like 1

Although buying fake goods is technically illegal, I doubt you'll have the police knocking on your door to check your wardrobe.

Ive bought, and as you'd expect it can, be hit or miss on sizing and quality but I will sit on the side of "hit" gerenally. Obviously there's imperfections but they are often minor.

Having said all that, buying direct from China at the moment isn't wise lol they haven't completely ruled out the possibility of the virus spreading on clothes, although unlikely.

This topic has caused debate on here before, so be prepared. 

• Like 1

Guest Harrydc

In my personal opinion, I don’t see a huge issue with it. However, the quality wouldn’t be half as good, and wether you can trust the buyer is another question to think about too. 

The font used for the name on the back (and sometimes the logo on the front) is usually noticeably different. Placement of the various elements on the shirt can be quite a bit off too. It's a gamble on quality from the different sellers, I've seen very obviously fake shirts laid down at the Vichai tributes and even worn by the child mascots on tunnel cam lol I've bought some fakes before but I'd just wait for the official end of season sales personally since it's almost the end of the season.

1 hour ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

Hi I'm sorry if this has already been on here but I couldn't find it if it has. 

Has anyone successfully bought a fake shirt from China or Thailand? I've seen some websites where they look reasonable but I don't know how trustworthy they are or how there sizing works (I'm an XXL normally). Also, is it legal to buy from these sites? 🤔 

Thanks

I have brought a couple for when i was playing 5-a-side in and i am a XL  some brands XXL and they do come up v.small. "Adidas" were always bigger than "Nike" though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, E.Rose said:

Just curious, why would you want to buy a fake one rather than one from the LCFC site?

Im curious to know what they are like because they are so much cheaper. I have a lot of leicester shirts going back about 25 years, I also have a lot of England shirts as well. I have 2 daughters, my 4 year old has had 5 shirts already and my 4 month old has a pink shirt (although it's massive because they don't do small baby sizes!). I usually wait for the sales at the end of the season but there won't be any pink shirts, also with the euros this summer I was thinking of getting England shirts for me and my girls, I definitely won't be buying official England shirts unless they drop a lot in price! 

2 minutes ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

Im curious to know what they are like because they are so much cheaper. I have a lot of leicester shirts going back about 25 years, I also have a lot of England shirts as well. I have 2 daughters, my 4 year old has had 5 shirts already and my 4 month old has a pink shirt (although it's massive because they don't do small baby sizes!). I usually wait for the sales at the end of the season but there won't be any pink shirts, also with the euros this summer I was thinking of getting England shirts for me and my girls, I definitely won't be buying official England shirts unless they drop a lot in price! 

Yeah that's fair enough, sounds like you've got a good collection going there. 

p.s not sure if that question came across in a bad way  - I wasn't asking to call anyone out I was just being nosey more than anything. Good luck with your search 👍

5 minutes ago, E.Rose said:

Yeah that's fair enough, sounds like you've got a good collection going there. 

p.s not sure if that question came across in a bad way  - I wasn't asking to call anyone out I was just being nosey more than anything. Good luck with your search 👍

When we did football shirt Friday for work I was able to lend shirts to about 20 people with plenty left over if needed! 

I don't know if ill risk buying a fake, they do seem too good to be true but as long as it fitted I always like new shirts to play five a side in 🙂

Soar valley you are obviously a collector but I'm not sue the baby will quite appreciate the significance.

I went to Indonesia years ago and top brand trainers were £2 a pair I asked the guide were they fakes and he turned round a pointed to the factory down the road where they made the branded goods.

I've ordered a few (adults and kids) from various vendors on DHGate over the past year. Here's my observations:

- slight difference in material to the genuine shirts (e.g. on the home shirt the chequered weave is just a shaded pattern on the fake; 

- the pink shirt doesn't have the different "sheens" you see between front and back panels of the genuine shirt

- Kids shirts have bia Saigon logo on sleeves (genuine kids shirts won't include alcohol advertising)

- beware, imports over the value of £15 are liable to an import duty, i had to pay royal mail £4.51 + £8 handling fee to collect my shirts! The lesson? Order 1 at a time, delivery fee is negligible from China anyhow!

Despite all the above all mine have been decent quality. I ordered last season's grey and amber last summer after the shop had already sol out. I've not compared it up close but it looks identical. If you can't/don't want to fork out £50+ for a shirt then they are good value. I don't see the club losing much as you wouldn't be choosing to pay full price for a genuine shirt anyhow.

There are moral questions, though I'm not convinced the genuine shirts are necessarily manufactured in factories with better conditions than the fakes.

5 hours ago, Soarvalleyfox said:

As per @Harry96 I've bought several from Dhgate (in addition to genuine ones from club shop before anyone starts bleating on about being a better supporter) and they've all been great. The only issue I've had is that I accidentally bought this seasons 3rd strip with Champions League badges on, but that seems to have worked out alright :fc:😂. I've recommended them to a number of friends and they've all been really happy with what they've got too...