Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

7 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Eberechi Eze

Jack Grealish

Callum McGregor

Saïd Benrahma

Leon Bailey

Hwang Hee-chan

Ollie Watkins

David Neres

Calvin Stengs

Somebody post this list of potential signings to Congerton's address 

That's a very nice list. Two or three of those in the summer would make me very happy.

7 hours ago, SO1 said:

"Congerton and Rodgers"........."first summer window"........."(likely)Full Control"........."spotlight massively on them." I feel it coming..... and you know what I'm talking about.

After watching you guys with Perez I can hear the knife sharpening now.

And indeed the likes of Lallana can fvck off.

Rudkin ought to be working hard on getting Hwang Hee-Chan deal sorted before the summer, get it announced early and it would take the pressure off the dangerous transfer duo lol

I'd really like us to go for one "marquee" winger in the summer like Thuram, Rashica or Neres, and one young talent like Stengs or Eze to groom into the role. Then we can sell off Gray before his contract expires for like £10 million or so to Crystal Palace or somebody like that, and we're left with Barnes and Perez pushing each other and the big money signing for minutes, with a very capable young talent to come in and rotate further, plus Albrighton if all else fails.

That would completely sort our wings. The striker position is currently as good as it's going to get, teams like Spurs and Man Utd would be happy to have a backup as good as Iheanacho (as weird as that feels to say). Midfield is good, but could be better, with 4 players good enough to start for 2 positions in Maddison, Tielemans, Praet, and Hamza. Ndidi could maybe use a backup better than Hamza? Difficult to see how we could get one, unless they also were a centreback... (watch this space).

Fullback is ok, Fuchs is as good a backup as any and Justin can play both sides which is useful. If Fuchs has to go (or even if he doesn't) I've my eye on Borna Sosa, very young, incredible attacking ability even if it is just in the Bundesliga II. 

Centreback is where a signing can and should be done. We're looking at Evans, Soyuncu, and Benkovic next season, with (hopefully) Fuchs as an auxiliary. Evans has had his career bothered by injuries in the past, (although thankfully he's largely been very fit in his time with us) and Benkovic is also a risk. I would be very happy if we went all out and signed Ben White from Brighton. He's had an electric season in the Championship with Leeds, and most importantly, has also excelled as a Defensive Midfielder as well as Centreback, so he could be the backup option to Ndidi we are looking for (this would also increase White'. This would leave us with 4 very good options, plus Fuchs as a last resort. I'm happy with that, all four are very good players and it would be tough to keep them happy with gametime if we added another.

Goalkeeper... Schmeichel has had a good season with us so far, but we could improve on him, as sacrilegious as that sounds. The likes of Hradecky and Onana are very achievable targets and are very very good. My worry would be how Schmeichel and by extension the squad react to his replacement. For better or worse, he is part of the furniture, and replacing him will be a nightmare. I'd rather we wait until he became a clear liability and then offered him to stay as backup. Maybe it's better to stick with a seven out of ten and keep the squad mentality secure and settled, as he's such an important leader and member of the squad, rather than upgrade to an 8 but potentially get squad issues. 

That said, my ideal summer:

In:

Neres: €35 million

Stengs: €15 million

White: €40 million

Sosa: €5 million (loaning him out)

Out: 

Gray: €15 million

Net spend: €80 million

It's big, but the club was prepared to make a similar net spend going into this season, and we need to fill out our squad. CL money should more than cover it.

The squad:

Barnes Vardy Neres

Maddison Ndidi Tielemans

Chilwell Soyuncu Evans Ricardo

Schmeichel

Iheanacho Perez

Albrighton Hamza Praet Stengs

Fuchs White Benkovic J.J

Ward

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Haywood_6 said:

Eberechi Eze

Jack Grealish

Callum McGregor

Saïd Benrahma

Leon Bailey

Hwang Hee-chan

Ollie Watkins

David Neres

Calvin Stengs

I signed both Neres and Stengs in Fifa career mode for Leicester City. 

Neres turned out to be a great signing. Stengs was a little slow to develop, although his overall ability ultimately  reached a marginally higher level than Neres.

Ultimately I kept Neres and sold Stengs as the former could play LW/CAM/RW whereas the latter could only play RW. He has helped me win the league, FA Cup, Carabao Cup and Champions League for each of the past four seasons.

Of course, this is all directly analogous to real life and should be used to dictate our transfer strategy. 

Edited by Jobyfox

24 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Edouard from Celtic is going to be some player id happily break our current transfer record for him.

I don't see where he fits in here though unless we go 3-4-1-2 which then pretty much does away with wingers and makes Barnes and Perez redundant. I think 4-1-4-1 suits this squad way better than shifting to a new formation and then having to recruit several different types of players than we currently have.

We are 2 new wingers, a centre half and possibly another full back if Fuchs goes and one more central midfielder from maintaining a very very good squad that can compete at the top end of the division.

2 hours ago, justfoxes said:

He’s that marmite player but I wouldn’t turn down Grealish he’s the best player in a poor team just imagine putting him in a decent team like Leicester 😉

I'd love to have Graelish - he's a phenomenal talent IMO and would make a huge difference for us.  Just trying to be realistic about the cost.  At least one of the big six (Man. U. for sure) and maybe more will be in the bidding for him.

44 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Oussama Idrissi

https://www.calciomercato.it/news/364210/calciomercato_roma_esclusivo_tris_inglese_su_idrissi

West Ham :rolleyes: and Everton :rolleyes: interested too

I saw the headlines, linked with an AZ Alkmaar winger and I went berserk thinking it was Stengs. However, having watched AZ a few times this season due to my love of Stengs and Boadu, this lad has probably been equally as good from the left wing. I would like us to sign all 3 and possibly even Koopmeiners as well in a £75m quadruple deal.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Farrington fox said:

Todd Cantwell. Great player, if Norwich go down, get him in!

Have to agree - think he and Pukki will be much coveted - I can actually see Pukki going to a top 6 club to sit on the bench as a third striker and take the 100k a week. Wouldn’t blame him either.

On 13/02/2020 at 09:48, justfoxes said:

He’s that marmite player but I wouldn’t turn down Grealish he’s the best player in a poor team just imagine putting him in a decent team like Leicester 😉

He’s marmite but he’s a problem Id love BR to have... 

On 13/02/2020 at 05:24, Haywood_6 said:

Eberechi Eze

Jack Grealish

Callum McGregor

Saïd Benrahma

Leon Bailey

Hwang Hee-chan

Ollie Watkins

David Neres

Calvin Stengs

All of the Man City players could be available too.