Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
80footgiraffe

Summer 2020 transfer window

6 hours ago, chris_lcfc_85 said:

Saint maximin from Newcastle would be a shout 

Very unpredictable and lots of ability

I'd be looking at Saka of Arsenal to be honest. Looks quality right now, seems to be running down his contract, linked with Man Utd. We could be a decent proposition if Arsenal need to cash in to avoid losing him for a nominal tribunal fee. He'd probably think he's above us but if we're in the CL you never know.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Farrington fox said:

The boy Grealish would certainly be the cream, but would carry a huge price tag. Has to go to the Euro’s. 

There's been a few reports to suggest he has a £45m release clause. There'll be a queue of about 20+ clubs for him at that price.

Eze from QPR is one we should be looking at, he can play anywhere across the 3 positions behind the main striker.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

There's been a few reports to suggest he has a £45m release clause. There'll be a queue of about 20+ clubs for him at that price.

Eze from QPR is one we should be looking at, he can play anywhere across the 3 positions behind the main striker.

If he has a relegation release clause of that, and there is 20 clubs in for him. I would say we have a better chance than no release clause and needing to pay 80m plus, as we just won't pay that.

Champions league football (hopefully) two of his buddy's to live the dream with, wouldn't need to relocate, I would say we are in with a shout!!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think we need a leader, a real nasty bastard that other teams are going to fear and will toughen up our squad that at times seem too nice.

Not sure who it would be as no one really comes to mind but they must exist. 

We definitely need to improve our aggression, we need that blend of dominance and talent. Looking through our team and the positions potentially available we need a very physical and powerful wide forward as a start.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I think we need a leader, a real nasty bastard that other teams are going to fear and will toughen up our squad that at times seem too nice.

Not sure who it would be as no one really comes to mind but they must exist. 

I actually think Grealish has a sense of that about him, which is why I think he'd be so good for us. As has been said, his form over the last couple of months has probably been too good for us to stand a chance, but I'd hope we go all out for him.

3 key areas for summer:

Top class winger and CB, ready for the first team. And a young holding midfielder with potential to support and eventually replace Ndidi.

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, sdb said:

I actually think Grealish has a sense of that about him, which is why I think he'd be so good for us. As has been said, his form over the last couple of months has probably been too good for us to stand a chance, but I'd hope we go all out for him.

3 key areas for summer:

Top class winger and CB, ready for the first team. And a young holding midfielder with potential to support and eventually replace Ndidi.

I actually thought of Grealish when I wrote it but couldn't bring myself to say it. 

Dives about too much mind and to be a true sergeant he'd need to cut that out .. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

i watched Eze the other week best player on the pitch looks like he could easily make the step up.

Grealish will move to a team playing CL next season. If Man city are not banned that helps us as he won't go there anyway or to Liverpool. If Manchester, Arsenal, Spurs fail to get to the CL we'd have an outside chance of signing him. We could also do with some height (without losing skill) in our team. 

other than that I'd like an upgrade on Kasper.

43 minutes ago, Collymore said:

I actually thought of Grealish when I wrote it but couldn't bring myself to say it. 

Dives about too much mind and to be a true sergeant he'd need to cut that out .. 

Agreed. He'll grow out of it in time. Or immediately if he joins us 😅

On 16/02/2020 at 11:08, urban fox said:

If Man City don’t overturn the ban we should put a cheeky bid in for KDB and Sterling. Obviously would need to sell most of our current squad just for the wages but would love to see it just for the laughs.:fishing:

Nothing cheeky about it. They threw our season into chaos on purpose in 2018 because they wanted Mahrez but we wouldn't let him leave on their terms.

We should take the absolute piss and bid for everyone.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Good shout! 

He's not totally dominant physically but still quite assertive, very good on the ball can play as a 6 and 8 or even at the back. 24 so the right sort of age too.

I think we'll probably go back in for that Diallo or somebody like him though which I think would be a waste when his profile is so similar to Choudhury's. Someone in the mould of Maxime Gonalons would be decent, experienced CM/DM that is superb defensively and control a game with the ball too. Our midfield options are all young-ish, too technical or too defensive somebody or too lightweight, Gonalons would address that but not sure if he'd want to come to play about as much as Mendy does

• Like 1