Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So what? Teddy Sheringham and Andy Cole hated each other. Didn't stop them being professional about it and forming a great partnership on the pitch.

Who are you more productive at work with?

The useless clown that noone else gets on with? 

Or your work bestie who you get on with? 

You know you should be professional but it doesn't work like that 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Key words there "would have". Not sure if you're aware, but we're in a global pandemic and a big source of revenue has been lost with ticket funds. Money isn't at an all time high, may as well save money on players who likely won't feature to invest elsewhere.

Your average ticket sales aren’t a big revenue that’s why when we extend the ground it will be mainly corporate that’s where the money is anyway we’ve palmed off slimani and Silva and paid the majority of their wage I just think they’d be better options than Hirst, Perez, Barnes, Mendy Praet et al

Edited by kyleolly

Just now, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Who are you more productive at work with?

The useless clown that noone else gets on with? 

Or your work bestie who you get on with? 

You know you should be professional but it doesn't work like that 

Like I said earlier, it was pointless me even speculating about Slimani playing for us again because it's just not going to happen under BR. He's going out on loan again (before leaving on a free next year), and the club will be footing a huge chunk of his wages once again to play for someone else, like the massive mugs we are.

Anyone who is genuinely suggesting we should bring Slimani back seems to of buried their head in the sand as to the previous problems He created. It is no secret as to the squad dynamics and how he pretty much alienated himself from everyone there isn’t just a agreement to disagree amongst him and the playersthere’s downright opposition to him being in the squad. It’s more than just people don’t get on.

30 minutes ago, Beechey said:

We spend about 85% of our revenue annually on player wages. It’s one of the worst in the league. We need to slim down as much as we can.

I think I read we have 8th highest wage bill in the league, that's not bad for finishing 5th (should have been 3rd or 4th). 

If you want Europe you got to pay for it, especially if you're Leicester City. 

1 minute ago, MPH said:

Anyone who is genuinely suggesting we should bring Slimani back seems to of buried their head in the sand as to the previous problems He created. It is no secret as to the squad dynamics and how he pretty much alienated himself from everyone there isn’t just a agreement to disagree amongst him and the playersthere’s downright opposition to him being in the squad. It’s more than just people don’t get on.

Nacho is the same hugely isolates himself doesn’t bother with the other players after training or games and is genuinely abit of a **** I couldn’t care less as long as they do a job come game day

22 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Heard it from the horses mouth, it's true, the squad including vardy hated him, and yohan b to an extent

Any info as to what he did to pee everyone off? I thought he may have upset the higher echelons of the club off, especially when saying he wanted a permenant transfer to Newcastle before even kicking a ball for them, it was at that point I thought he'd never play for us again, I thought that may come from above Brendans pay grade otherwise he may have looked at him. 

2 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Any info as to what he did to pee everyone off? I thought he may have upset the higher echelons of the club off, especially when saying he wanted a permenant transfer to Newcastle before even kicking a ball for them, it was at that point I thought he'd never play for us again, I thought that may come from above Brendans pay grade otherwise he may have looked at him. 

Just the general body language was a clue.Looked like he hated it here.Lisbon to Leicester?Not being top dog or getting a regular game.Possibly being a wee bit up his own backside maybe?

16 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Nacho is the same hugely isolates himself doesn’t bother with the other players after training or games and is genuinely abit of a **** I couldn’t care less as long as they do a job come game day

That's really harsh. 

A squad of players are all going to have different personalities and by saying  he's 'not bothering' is ridiculous! 

Apparently he's got a real fun side that he doesn't always show to the fans it seems. 

40 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Heard it from the horses mouth, it's true, the squad including vardy hated him, and yohan b to an extent

What so you had a chat with Vardy about Slimani? Where did this take place if you don't mind me asking? 

Edited by Collymore

23 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Nacho doesn’t pick fights with anyone 

I'm sorry but the way he acted after the afcon win meant I'd never welcome him here again. Even the petulant child that is Mahrez was like 'mate what the hell are you doing?' The guy is no good in a squad and what you call a "real bad egg" - no no no. Get rid, sell sell sell

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

This thread is hilarious. We just finished 5th let's bring back Islam Slimani 😆 what's next, get Gallagher back from Preston? I hear Sean St Ledger can still do a job 😆

I hear Gary Taylor-Fletcher has retired the pies to come back and help us out lol

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

If that's true, maybe that's why he struggled, it can't be good playing pro football and not being friendly with the squad. Rodgers favouring Nacho over Perez today surprised me, I would have guessed Rodgers would like to replace Nacho but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe he's been told his forthcoming transfer budget 😔

3 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

If that's true, maybe that's why he struggled, it can't be good playing pro football and not being friendly with the squad. Rodgers favouring Nacho over Perez today surprised me, I would have guessed Rodgers would like to replace Nacho but maybe I'm wrong, or maybe he's been told his forthcoming transfer budget 😔

I know for a fact Nacho isolated himself before the pandemic he didn’t mix with the squad off the field would just hang out with his bro/agent Rogers really isn’t keen on him 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

This thread is hilarious. We just finished 5th let's bring back Islam Slimani 😆 what's next, get Gallagher back from Preston? I hear Sean St Ledger can still do a job 😆

Facetious comment that is beneath you. We're not still paying for Gallagher or St Ledger. If we could sell Slimani and use the money elsewhere then great. But you and I both know that isn't going to happen. 

12 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

With no FA cup replays this season I'd get Gallagher back in just for any penalty shootouts 👀