Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

People are forgetting that the guy can't head the ball for toffee. Why are you spouting him as some sort of CF?

He caused all sorts of issues at the training ground last time he was given a chance, sulked like a toddler when wasn't played (yes I do know that happened). 

It's a bit of a no brainer for Rodgers, we can't shift a player who has qualities we lack up front. No point freezing him out. Whether he plays much or not we'll see, need to be careful not to piss Nacho off any more. He's struggled a bit here and to have Slim come in ahead of him could be the last straw. Even as a plan B. Throwing Slim on when we need a goal against a team that is frustrating us gives us an aerial presence, which we normally lack, makes sense, but if Kelechi gets even less game time as a result that could be the end of Nacho. Then if Slim and Nacho go at the end of the season we are relying even more on old man Vardy.

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Why? He’s played more football than Nacho last season

I agree with this but then again, djellit tweeted a couple weeks ago that he would be in the 25 so it’s not like he hasn’t known he needs to be fit. 

and what is the situation with the squad?  Are there currently no limitations as to who can play if registered ?

46 minutes ago, Foxhateram said:

People are forgetting that the guy can't head the ball for toffee. Why are you spouting him as some sort of CF?

He caused all sorts of issues at the training ground last time he was given a chance, sulked like a toddler when wasn't played (yes I do know that happened). 

Some water has flowed under the bridge since then .......... it’s his last season here and he needs to find a club for the next one. Monies will be tight around Europe and if he wants another pay day (obvs won’t be like the one he got from us), he can’t look like he’s a bad apple.  If brendan can get into his head, he should be able to get him motivated. 

• Like 2

Well we can't seem to shift him and we have limited options after Vardy (I am not a fan of Iheanacho but even if I was that's only two forwards because we rarely just play Perez there) so it makes logical sense to at least involve Slimani given we're paying him.

Despite peoples continued criticisms of off the ball incidents, I think Slim should start ahead of nacho for the simple reason that he's less obvious in his play and he's a better target man.... I.e without vardy we need height plus a better back to goal front man. 

He is also arrogant. Not always a bad quality.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

He has been shown in a few other players Instagrams and Snapchats as being at the training ground so I can’t imagine he was just turning up and sat around

Think I saw him with Simpson and King in one of the Instagram stories? Which would imply he's been training with the U23s 

Happy to give him another chance, certainly gives us a different option when things aren't going to plan.

It's good to see Rodgers changing his way of thinking and adapting- I remember him categorically saying that he wouldn't play a big striker as a 'plan B' towards the start.