Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

26 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Facetious comment that is beneath you. We're not still paying for Gallagher or St Ledger. If we could sell Slimani and use the money elsewhere then great. But you and I both know that isn't going to happen. 

Ok, fine, point taken. At the same time, we've had a good season overall and we also know that Slimani is a donkey. He is a poor man's Ulloa. He's just not the standard we need paying him or not. Would rather see Horst given a go since he hasn't proven to not be good enough.

10 hours ago, kyleolly said:

Champions league football would have increased that revenue significantly I don’t understand why our fans are so concerned about our outgoings just feels like abit of a small club mentality to me 

..prudence...!!!

We really can not put ourselves in a situation where FFP becomes an issue or the viability of the club is at risk.

I mean a large part of the problem with slimani was a long ball for him to hold up, he'd knock it to Albrighton who would whip it in first time before slimani had a chance to get in the box and a 6ft defender would clear it because vardy is short. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, splinterdream said:

Any info as to what he did to pee everyone off? I thought he may have upset the higher echelons of the club off, especially when saying he wanted a permenant transfer to Newcastle before even kicking a ball for them, it was at that point I thought he'd never play for us again, I thought that may come from above Brendans pay grade otherwise he may have looked at him. 

Often in the dressing room, him and mahrez would slag people off in french, namely vardy. One of the other French speakers told vardy what was said and it erupted from that. Hated each other since 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Often in the dressing room, him and mahrez would slag people off in french, namely vardy. One of the other French speakers told vardy what was said and it erupted from that. Hated each other since 

Clearly Jamie is held in high regard throughout the club, I think bullying him would be enough to prevent you from ever getting in the side again, especially if you're a bit crap. 

I'd have him back in the side, especially for Europa - no matter what we need an alternative up top, who knows how many points we would have gained with the billions of crosses and set pieces we waste because our attackers are too short and big players are shit at attacking crosses. Not sure Hirst is up for that role yet, needs a loan somewhere.

Also, always liked how much of a shithouse he was, we need more dickheads in the team.

Guest An Sionnach
24 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I'd have him back in the side, especially for Europa - no matter what we need an alternative up top, who knows how many points we would have gained with the billions of crosses and set pieces we waste because our attackers are too short and big players are shit at attacking crosses. Not sure Hirst is up for that role yet, needs a loan somewhere.

Also, always liked how much of a shithouse he was, we need more dickheads in the team.

In the few minutes he was on Hirst got his head to a couple of crosses , Slimani would be a useful weapon at set pieces but if you want a powerful target man of the right age and with a good scoring record look no further than Mitrovic . He would cost a club record but would transform our attacking threat.

Guest An Sionnach

Could be a part exchange for Mitrovic , similar style of player though older but would definitely score goals in the championship.

Really need to drop this obsession with Slimani but just stumbled upon this lollollol

Ligue 1 2019/20  Goals + Assists (per 90 mins)
1. Kylian Mbappé  Paris S-G 1.37
2. Neymar  Paris S-G 1.30
3. Islam Slimani  Monaco 1.12
4. Mauro Icardi  Paris S-G 0.99
  Ángel Di María  Paris S-G 0.99
6. Memphis Depay  Lyon 0.97
7. Wissam Ben Yedder  Monaco 0.91
8. Moussa Dembélé  Lyon 0.74
9. Romain Hamouma  Saint-Étienne 0.73

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/07/2020 at 18:09, kyleolly said:

I know for a fact Nacho isolated himself before the pandemic he didn’t mix with the squad off the field would just hang out with his bro/agent Rogers really isn’t keen on him 

He was best man at Ndidi's wedding last summer, so I call BS. Just because he doesnt hang about with the instagram crew, it doesnt mean he's a bad egg. 

• Like 2

I hope recruitment doesnt think getting Slim back is the best the club could do!

Secretly hoping all the silence is because there is a lot of action going on behind the scenes.

Keep hearing about Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle going after Leicester targets so either the club

is going to have to pay more or aim higher. Either way the days of finding diamonds in the rough

are drying up. Think big - spend big (within limits). 

On 27/07/2020 at 08:41, ARTY_FOX said:

I mean a large part of the problem with slimani was a long ball for him to hold up, he'd knock it to Albrighton who would whip it in first time before slimani had a chance to get in the box and a 6ft defender would clear it because vardy is short. 

Yes we needed to have played Slimani and Ulloa together.

..I felt the problem with Slimani was he was selective in his decisions!!!

If he felt he could not make up the ground to connect to a cross he wouldn't try.

You could see the frustration of the other played remonstrating with him and I feel that was more the reason why the team did not get on with him.

Prolific he maybe when the service is right but his ethics as a team player does not lend itself to friends.

• Like 1

We don't want him back! When at Leicester Slimani and Mahrez were heard talking in French to each other that Chelsea is a Vrai club, which means a real/true club as opposed to leicester which is ordinary!  In French this phrase  un vrai.....can be used to demean the other side!

The fact nobody seems to want him suggests his wedge is enormous or he is a Roger Hunt in the dressing room.

A very expensive mistake by recruitment.  Give him away, cut our losses and hopefully learn. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Le Renard said:

We don't want him back! When at Leicester Slimani and Mahrez were heard talking in French to each other that Chelsea is a Vrai club, which means a real/true club as opposed to leicester which is ordinary!  In French this phrase  un vrai.....can be used to demean the other side!

Wasn’t that Man City ?   And riyad was fully aware what was in the pipeline for him .....