Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

15 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Why continue this story with Madders as our only creative spark, like the clueless pundits on TV? He is not. We have people who can do it: Tielemans, Barnes, Perez, Nachos etc (even Madders if in the right role) but we just need Rodgers to play the right team, right formation and right mentality, instead of focussing on passing at the back (and being pressed there) and finding no way to get the ball upfield to our creative players in the right areas.

But you are otherwise right: we lack creativity and we have no plan re attacking from wide areas but yet Rodgers keep trying to with the wrong personnel. 

We just need to play like we did first half and the game before. Play Nachos try to get it up quickly through the middle and creative movements.

Christ you are replying to a post from 4 months ago 😂😂. I don't even remember posting it and was probably pissed off after one of our poor performances 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Blue Collar said:

He's about to sign for Marseille...not for 10 millions pounds or even euros...brace yourself: it could be for a tenth of what LCFC paid for him.

You make it sound all bad!

Just relax and think of the sale of Harry Maguire.

4 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

You make it sound all bad!

Just relax and think of the sale of Harry Maguire.

Or the situation with Pepe at Arsenal, he's never worth a 1/4ter of the 70+ millions they paid for him and I followed since he was at Angers. Still, it was a waste of time and money for the club...an arranged marriage destined to fail.

• 2 weeks later...

If money is as tight across football as some are saying, then we might as well bring this guy back into the fold next season and get some use out of him. We'd be better off paying him to play for us than paying for him to play for someone else imho. Would provide us with more atttacking options too. Don't care if he's a jebend and the rest of the team don't like him. Suck it up and be a professional.

Never gonna happen though so that was a waste of a post.

On 17/07/2020 at 14:08, Blue Collar said:

He's about to sign for Marseille...not for 10 millions pounds or even euros...brace yourself: it could be for a tenth of what LCFC paid for him.

£80k off the weekly wage bill will be useful though

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd rather give George Hirst a shot and get £80k per week (£4mill a year) off of our wage bill  

Would you does that really affect you it’s not your money I’d rather have somebody come off the bench and get a goal

Just now, kyleolly said:

Would you does that really affect you it’s not your money I’d rather have somebody come off the bench and get a goal

That 80k a week can be used to offer better deals to our better players or fee up funds for a new signing. Rather than pay £80k for someone to sit on the bench 

1 minute ago, kyleolly said:

We spend about 85% of our revenue annually on player wages. It’s one of the worst in the league. We need to slim down as much as we can.

Edited by Beechey

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

We spend about 75% of our revenue annually on player wages. It’s one of the worst in the league. We need to slim down as much as we can.

Champions league football would have increased that revenue significantly I don’t understand why our fans are so concerned about our outgoings just feels like abit of a small club mentality to me 

• Haha 1

Champions league football would have increased that revenue significantly I don’t understand why our fans are so concerned about our outgoings just feels like abit of a small club mentality to me 

It would have shifted it yeah, but being in pot 4, getting out of the groups would have been a challenge.

We have to be wary of our funds, because we don’t make much money.

Edited by Beechey

Just now, kyleolly said:

And odds are we're only going to be able to loan him out again next season, and we'll still be paying the majority of his wages. Just doesn't make sense. Are we really going to want to rely on an inexperienced, unproven George Hirst behind Vardy and Nacho?

• Like 1

Just now, Beechey said:

It would have shifted it up a bit, but being in pot 4, getting out of the groups would have been a challenge.

We have to be wary of our funds, because we don’t make much money.

No we don’t make much money your quite right so why do we have to be wary about funds we are owned by billionaires I don’t get our fans concerns about wages, transfer fees etc we’re not skint by any stretch of the imagination 

No we don’t make much money your quite right so why do we have to be wary about funds we are owned by billionaires I don’t get our fans concerns about wages, transfer fees etc we’re not skint by any stretch of the imagination 

Because FFP limits what a club can spend, and that’s dependent on how much the club earns. We need to generate more money if we want to spend more. CL would absolutely have helped that problem.

Edited by Beechey

13 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Just because the money isn’t coming out of my pocket doesn’t mean I want my club to be run irresponsibly? 

• Like 2

We're not skint but neither are we as rich as the clubs we are aiming to compete with - hence we have to manage the money we do have more carefully. Why would you not want us to spend well?

10 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

Key words there "would have". Not sure if you're aware, but we're in a global pandemic and a big source of revenue has been lost with ticket funds. Money isn't at an all time high, may as well save money on players who likely won't feature to invest elsewhere.