Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Slimani - Get him back in

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

All true so the ball is in his (Slimani) court, he has a few things to weigh up as he is 32.

Does he sit on his arse for another year getting the higher wage or fold and ask for a transfer. 
Myself I’d ask for the transfer and try and secure myself a 3yr contract on lesser money, this way I secure myself wages for 3yrs which if worked correctly would off set difference of the higher wage.

If I sat on my arse for a year yes I reap the higher wage but I’m also out the footballing eye, I will also be 33 and it would be a lot harder to secure a contract when 33 and having not played for a season.

So come on Slim, man up and ship out, it hasn’t worked for you, put in the request and move back to Portugal for 3yrs

I suppose it all depends what he's earning, it's just a job after all. Would anyone even offer him a 3 years deal at his age, he's hardly Ronaldo. If had the choice of running round training everyday for the same or less money or, potentially train and play or possibly sit on your bum for a year, get the same or more money, retire and spend your earnings with family and friends, to me it's a no brainer. He could do that and still sign a one year deal with someone potentially. 

4 hours ago, BKLFox said:

All true so the ball is in his (Slimani) court, he has a few things to weigh up as he is 32.

Does he sit on his arse for another year getting the higher wage or fold and ask for a transfer. 
Myself I’d ask for the transfer and try and secure myself a 3yr contract on lesser money, this way I secure myself wages for 3yrs which if worked correctly would off set difference of the higher wage.

If I sat on my arse for a year yes I reap the higher wage but I’m also out the footballing eye, I will also be 33 and it would be a lot harder to secure a contract when 33 and having not played for a season.

So come on Slim, man up and ship out, it hasn’t worked for you, put in the request and move back to Portugal for 3yrs

Slim will leave during the break either on loan or for free.With Leicester probably paying a large chunk of his final year.No way does he play again for Leicester.Same goes for Silva.

22 minutes ago, dayday said:

So why sign him in the first place, for £30 million you would expect a better all round footballer, we definitely had our pants pulled down.

Flush with cash at the time.You win some and lose some.Him and Silva will take some beating for worst signings ever.Not saying they were completely useless but certainly not suited for us or the Prem.Time to move on.

• Like 1

The season in which he actually played was torrid and lacked a lot of direction in both the way we played and the managers we had and there were glimpses of his quality - I remember the Burnley game being of particular note. Given that he's played a large part of his career in the major European competitions I think it won't harm us to have him as an option for us. Undoubtedly, his playing style will be necessary against some of the nutcase centre-backs we're likely to face. What's more, if Brendan is insistent on having our wingers try to cross into the box regularly, surely having Slimani up there could be of benefit. Any suggestions that he doesn't fit in seem a little redundant/hearsay - only the staff and squad actually know that. 

• Like 1

His contract expires next summer. Sell if anyone is willing to pay for him. When hes on a reported £80k a week, I've no idea why any of our fans would want to keep him. Add to the fact Rodgers doesn't and wont play with a target man means he will never play for us again. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captain... said:

That's a very loose definition of a while.

He played 130 minutes in total at Newcastle with injuries and suspension it was a bit of a disaster all told. I doubt Perez will even remember he played with him.

That was only an example. As I said, Perez played off big men there (was really successful with Rondon).

11 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

That was only an example. As I said, Perez played off big men there (was really successful with Rondon).

I'd rather buy Rondon than bring Slimani back into the fold. Assuming the reports of attitude and disruptiveness are true.

Purely on footballing terms Slimani or similar type of player would be very welcome. If we are going to spend so much time creating a decent wide position we should have someone who can take advantage of a good cross. We need another dimension to our attacking and someone to occupy defenders creating space for Vardy and others and chipping in with a few goals would be ideal.

Edited by Captain...
  • Like 1

Guest An Sionnach
3 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I'd rather buy Rondon than bring Slimani back into the fold. Assuming the reports of attitude and disruptiveness are true.

Purely on footballing terms Slimani or similar type of player would be very welcome. If we are going to spend so much time creating a decent wide position we should have someone who can take advantage of a good cross. We need another dimension to our attacking and someone to occupy defenders creating space for Vardy and others and chipping in with a few goals would be ideal.

Perez has benefited alongside Nacho , who is the biggest forward we have , but Rondon is a different order of things , a real powerhouse.

15 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I think mitrovic would be a good buy esp if Fulham don't go up

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

He's a decent player, people just think he's bad because he's unorthodox and runs a bit weird.

If his attitude is good and he gets on with the team then I have no problem with him having another chance here.

Even if you don't believe everyone who says the squad hates him, you can look at his antics during Algeria's AFCON celebrations last year, or Gray's sarky tweet when he saw him in pre-season training. All the evidence screams, "BELLEND!"

We won't see him in a Leicester shirt again, thankfully.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Even if you don't believe everyone who says the squad hates him, you can look at his antics during Algeria's AFCON celebrations last year, or Gray's sarky tweet when he saw him in pre-season training. All the evidence screams, "BELLEND!"

We won't see him in a Leicester shirt again, thankfully.

I didn't say I think he had a good attitude when he was here before? I was also very critical of his antics during the AFCON celebrations.

However I also believe people can change, he's not been around for 2 years, who knows he might've changed? Certainly no harm in seeing how he fits in for a couple of weeks before the season starts and making a decision based on that.

5 minutes ago, matty98 said:

I didn't say I think he had a good attitude when he was here before? I was also very critical of his antics during the AFCON celebrations.

However I also believe people can change, he's not been around for 2 years, who knows he might've changed? Certainly no harm in seeing how he fits in for a couple of weeks before the season starts and making a decision based on that.

Fair enough. I just think it's very unlikely that he's changed in the last year. Even if he had, I expect the squad would need a lot of convincing before they welcome him back.

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

He’s got value so he’ll be decent to use in a part exchange deal with someone abroad for a younger striker. 

At a cut price there will be suitors for Slim. 

He’s the wrong side of 30 and in the final year of his lucrative contract.He has no value.Even using him in a part exchange deal will be difficult.

2 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

The season in which he actually played was torrid and lacked a lot of direction in both the way we played and the managers we had and there were glimpses of his quality - I remember the Burnley game being of particular note. Given that he's played a large part of his career in the major European competitions I think it won't harm us to have him as an option for us. Undoubtedly, his playing style will be necessary against some of the nutcase centre-backs we're likely to face. What's more, if Brendan is insistent on having our wingers try to cross into the box regularly, surely having Slimani up there could be of benefit. Any suggestions that he doesn't fit in seem a little redundant/hearsay - only the staff and squad actually know that. 

...he hasn't played for us for about 2 years and he is not injured...!!!

Can you give a reason for this?

2 hours ago, matty98 said:

His contract expires next summer so we either get rid now or lose him for free next summer. Same with Adrien Silva. 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...even if he went as a free, he still has the anchor of his wages!!!

Well....a footballer only has so many seasons.... may be if he wont compromise his wages to.move we have to.put him in the reserves.  This would send a useful message 

Edited by foxinsocks

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Well....a footballer only has so many seasons.... may be if he wont compromise his wages to.move we have to.put him in the reserves.  This would send a useful message 

...keeps him fit and yet comfortable to sit on a big fat sum every month!!!

See out the season and have a big sign on fee as a free agent when his contract ends.

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...keeps him fit and yet comfortable to sit on a big fat sum every month!!!

See out the season and have a big sign on fee as a free agent when his contract ends.

We agreed to pay him... all we can do is try to give him a motive to compromise.