Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
oxford blue

Alan Green (commentator)

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8094993/Football-commentator-Alan-Green-SLAMS-disrespectful-BBC-forcing-semi-retirement.html

Apparently on his way out. i won;t be disappointed, but I admit I would like to return to an age where commentators just added constructive comments o what we can all see on the screen. I find Green too loud and opinionated when he does a commentary. Probably means more female commentators, not sure I like their style either from those that have had I have heard. (Before I am accused of being misogynistic there are some very good female pundits, but commentating and punditry are two different skills.)

41 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-8094993/Football-commentator-Alan-Green-SLAMS-disrespectful-BBC-forcing-semi-retirement.html

Apparently on his way out. i won;t be disappointed, but I admit I would like to return to an age where commentators just added constructive comments o what we can all see on the screen. I find Green too loud and opinionated when he does a commentary. Probably means more female commentators, not sure I like their style either from those that have had I have heard. (Before I am accused of being misogynistic there are some very good female pundits, but commentating and punditry are two different skills.)

Totally agree. Hadn’t heard him commentate for ages, heard him a couple of weeks back and he’s become more negative than ever. Very little to say that was constructive, just seemed to moan and criticise everything and everyone. 

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Can Jonathan Pearce be binned off too while they're at it?

Every night he closes his eyes and relives his horror show with goal line technology at the 2014 World Cup. Just getting angrier and angrier about nothing, probably the best bit of the tournament to be honest apart from Brazil getting humped.

----------

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Steve Wilson or Guy Mowbray either tbh, and Vicky Sparks who's started to appear on Match of the Day sounds like someone doing an impression of a commercial radio DJ. Never sure if she's going to describe the action or head over to Claire with the traffic and travel.

• Like 1

I don't think too many at the BBC will miss him!

Surprised the bloke lasted so long - other younger and more regular BBC commentators/presenters got the push a while ago.

They are after younger faces and appealing more to the "youth" - but the good thing is about such fresh commentators is surely they cannot sound as miserable and negative as he often did! 

12 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Every night he closes his eyes and relives his horror show with goal line technology at the 2014 World Cup. Just getting angrier and angrier about nothing, probably the best bit of the tournament to be honest apart from Brazil getting humped.

----------

Can't say I'm a huge fan of Steve Wilson or Guy Mowbray either tbh, and Vicky Sparks who's started to appear on Match of the Day sounds like someone doing an impression of a commercial radio DJ. Never sure if she's going to describe the action or head over to Claire with the traffic and travel.

That was hilarious. 

He was the only guy in the stadium who didn't understand it. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

----------

7 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

That was hilarious. 

He was the only guy in the stadium who didn't understand it. 

6 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

THEY'VE CHANGED THEIR MINDS! WELL, OH WELL. 

Enjoy!

First time I've seen it since it happened, its even better than I remembered.

Cant tell whether he's an idiot throughout or realises he's wrong towards the end but sticks with his stupidity in a poor attempt to hope everyone just forgets about his error.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

Enjoy!

Cant tell whether he's an idiot throughout or realises he's wrong towards the end but sticks with his stupidity in a poor attempt to hope everyone just forgets about his error.

I'm in pieces. WHICH REPLAY SYSTEM ARE WE SUPPOSED TO BELIEVE?!

Known being the voice of reason with an actual grasp of the situation is just as funny.

3 hours ago, Nalis said:

Enjoy!

You could genuinely write that in to a sitcom and it would win awards. 

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

There won't be many from other media organisations who miss him either.

Commentators on 5 Live such as John Murray and Ian Dennis are top class.

Conor McNamara is my favourite. As a reporter and commentator. 

5 hours ago, notnow john said:

Always found him,grating.irritating and opinionated.

Get enough of that at home.

Yes he did strike me as a commentator trying to be a pundit.

And he did hold certain grudges or dislikes for people which might be fine in private but not when he is supposed to be doing a job professionally

On 11/03/2020 at 12:07, Blueman1967 said:

He also seem to talk down the smaller club

Hated it when we beat Leeds in the  2006 Play-off final. 

Wrote a long rant about how Leeds deserved to go up because they had more fans/bigger history etc.

Well true but football isn't decided by that...yet.

• Like 1