Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

Just now, foxes_rule1978 said:

Totally understand that, which is why I agree with isolation, until tested you don’t know. 

So these 3 players are out for 2 weeks as they don't meet the criteria for a test. Not sure we should agree to play matches.

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

At the same time the virus can also mutate itself to a lesser strain either in terms of virulence or transmission

It can, but transmission is unlikely to be one that it devolves, however it is no benefit to a virus to kill its host... so we will all be fine I’m sure lol 

39 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I think we are now the only top league in football who hasn’t put some sort of measure in place

We have only a third of the cases of countries like Germany, France and Spain and a fraction of those in Italy. 

They are further along the journey than we are and if you believe what the experts are telling us, timing is crucial for taking extreme measures.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

You do know transmission from droplets in the air via coughing/sneezing makes it an airborne virus right?

It is not really what you would regard as an airborne virus like measles. See reading such as: www.livescience.com/amp/how-coronavirus-spreads.html

If it is airborne, we are in even bigger trouble.

It doesn’t stay “airborne” for long. It needs to be carried by droplets as you say, but droplets drop to a surface and unless you are in the vicinity of someone with the virus who just coughed, you wouldn’t get the virus “airborne”. You would get it because you touched a surface that has the droplets which virus can live in for days, or through direct touching/hugging.

Edited by Tom12345

41 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Whilst this is of course very true,  if we are being encouraged to not even shake hands, then surely the closer and more physical contact between players inherent in any football match has also got to be questionable. How many players cough and spit during a game who then go on to touch their faces for example?

As Rodgers said in his Sky interview, these things are a matter of health and players have family and children. To those having tests I hope they come back negative and wish the very best for them. Health is more important than football. 

Yeah, I agree with you. Was only clarifying for others what is normally regarded as an airborne virus which this one is not.

But yeah, this appears to be quite contagious so to avoid this being a public health disaster (eg. load on the health system), I support taking quick decisive action and everyone changing their habits to be ultra hygienic.

Stay healthy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

It can travel via a cough, if you have ever watched myth busters you will know how infectious that is... it is similar to cold/flu, very contiguous. A whole room gets covered by a cough, the droplets have a tendency to travel in the air 

I think we don’t disagree, just that I was clarifying this is not airborne. Please see another post of mine:

“It is not really what you would regard as an airborne virus like measles. See reading such as: www.livescience.com/amp/how-coronavirus-spreads.html

If it is airborne, we are in even bigger trouble.

It doesn’t stay “airborne” for long. It needs to be carried by droplets as you say, but droplets drop to a surface and unless you are in the vicinity of someone with the virus who just coughed, you wouldn’t get the virus “airborne”. You would get it because you touched a surface that has the droplets which virus can live in for days, or through direct touching/hugging.“

Take care all. Stay healthy.

Edited by Tom12345

When I was a kid, if any other kids got measles then all the other kids would be invited round in the hope that they would catch it too as it is a much nastier disease in later life and you can't catch it twice.

By the same principle, we should deliberately infect all footballers and playing staff with some exceptions (not you Woy), suspend the season for 3 weeks and off we go again.  Problem solved.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, murphy said:

When I was a kid, if any other kids got measles then all the other kids would be invited round in the hope that they would catch it too as it is a much nastier disease in later life and you can't catch it twice.

By the same principle, we should deliberately infect all footballers and playing staff with some exceptions (not you Woy), suspend the season for 3 weeks and off we go again.  Problem solved.

Except you can apparently be reinfected by Covid-19. So not such a great master plan really. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Except you can apparently be reinfected by Covid-19. So not such a great master plan really. 

Well that might be a fatal flaw in the plan, but really?  Are you sure?  Normally you can't get infected by the same virus twice as you develop antibodies against it.

1 minute ago, murphy said:

Well that might be a fatal flaw in the plan, but really?  Are you sure?  Normally you can't get infected by the same virus twice as you develop antibodies against it.

You can catch the flu, get rid of it, and then still catch it next year can’t you? The same as a cold. 

Edited by Manini

1 minute ago, murphy said:

I think it has already split into different strains, which means you can get one form and then another... flu is the same, it is possible to get multiple strains 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

I think it has already split into different strains, which means you can get one form and then another... flu is the same, it is possible to get multiple strains 

Heard the same. We will likely be affected by this pandemic for much longer than 'a few weeks'.

29 minutes ago, kyleolly said:

They’re not out for two weeks 

Okay they are out for 7 seven days. With mild symptoms they would probably have still been available for the weekend if not for the virus. This doesn't seem fair.

Guest Markyblue
8 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Once you have it , your body will have a defence against it. At the moment everyone is open to getting it thats why its so contagious. 

3 minutes ago, bart said:

Okay they are out for 7 seven days. With mild symptoms they would probably have still been available for the weekend if not for the virus. This doesn't seem fair.

Watch Brendan’s press conference instead of panicking about the virus