Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

3 hours ago, Corky said:

Shut the league (and cup) down until the international break and then go from there. Two weeks off is worth it for the health and safety of thousands more, plus any uncertainty about who has it, who might catch it, the odd match being postponed is taken out of the equation.

Other leagues are doing it, we should follow suit.

I agree with this...Importantly it will help give respite to outside rescources..Police,Medical/NHS statt etc...

Cancel The Euros...for This year..!!! Will eventuall, help National leagues to complete their league and cup competitions.

PLus CL & EL games can be fitted in..!!

Edited by fuchsntf

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

You can catch the flu, get rid of it, and then still catch it next year can’t you? The same as a cold. 

No, not the same strain of flu.  I think that flu is an umbrella term much like cold, but you can't catch the same strain twice, hence the vaccine.

There are several corona viruses I believe, some of which are harmless, this is a new strain which we have no immunity to.  I think that a recovered patient can't catch it again unless it mutates significantly.

Just my understanding of it, I could well be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I can see the PL being suspended, and promotion and relegation deferred for season.  Harsh on Leeds, WBA but what other route is there?

There's many many options other than deferring promotion and relegation. 

Depending on how long any postponement was:

E.g's

Cancel the international break and play games then

and \ or

Postpone now for 3-4 weeks and then every team play matches every 3 days until we are caught up

and \ or

Move the rest of the FA Cup to pre-season and play Quarters, Semi, Final either pre-season or early season next year. Wembley already booked for Community Shield which could be cancelled

and \ or

Move the Euros by a year to 2021

If matches had to be postponed for months, then i still think it would be better to complete this season and shorten next season. I.e say games can't be played until September, finish this season between September and December and then each team only play the other teams once in a shortened 2020-21 season, possibly with Play-offs or something at the end. 

6 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

I can see the PL being suspended, and promotion and relegation deferred for season.  Harsh on Leeds, WBA but what other route is there?

One of my best buddies is a mad keen Leeds fan. He’s only just started communicating again after the play-offs last year. If they are now denied promotion via CV19, I will quite possibly implode with laughter. 

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, murphy said:

No, not the same strain of flu.  I think that flu is an umbrella term much like cold, but you can't catch the same strain twice, hence the vaccine.

There are several corona viruses I believe, some of which are harmless, this is a new strain which we have no immunity to.  I think that a recovered patient can't catch it again unless it mutates significantly.

Just my understanding of it, I could well be wrong.

Yeah I think somebody else summed it up better than I did beneath my post to be fair. 

1 hour ago, Kalacs_Orthopedic_Shoe said:

🎶We're on our way, on our way. To isolation we're on our way.

Ricky P ACL, Jamie Vardy not feeling well. Grab some pasta cos Leicesters on their way 🎶

All good until the pasta bit, you can't buy it at supermarkets along with eggs, soap, bog roll. Strange combination.

Back on topic, Arsenal postponed their game due to meeting that Greek, non have contracted it, we have 3 that seem to have symptoms, surely Saturday will be cancelled.

Or is it because we are not a 'top 6' side?

• Like 1

Just now, promised land said:

All good until the pasta bit, you can't buy it at supermarkets along with eggs, soap, bog roll. Strange combination.

Back on topic, Arsenal postponed their game due to meeting that Greek, non have contracted it, we have 3 that seem to have symptoms, surely Saturday will be cancelled.

Or is it because we are not a 'top 6' side?

This. I'll be fuming if It isn't cancelled

59 minutes ago, Markyblue said:

Once you have it , your body will have a defence against it. At the moment everyone is open to getting it thats why its so contagious. 

Not being funny mate but do some research. What you describe is the normal pathway for a normal virus. This one acts differently, in that it ‘appears’ you can be reinfected. In fact it seems as though the virus uses the very antibodies you create to fight it in order to reinfect. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but it is happening. Weird but true. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

Not being funny mate but do some research. What you describe is the normal pathway for a normal virus. This one acts differently, in that it ‘appears’ you can be reinfected. In fact it seems as though the virus uses the very antibodies you create to fight it in order to reinfect. It doesn’t happen to everyone, but it is happening. Weird but true. 

This isn't confirmed - someone who has it and 'recovers' still testing positive is not the same as being reinfected. That said, any/all precautionary steps are advisable. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

This is still in debate...just sharing

The Japanese government reported this week that a woman in Osaka had tested positive for the coronavirus for a second time, weeks after recovering from the infection and being discharged from a hospital.

Combined with reports from China of similar cases, the case in Japan has raised some uncomfortable questions. Reinfections are common among people who have recovered from coronaviruses that cause the common cold.

But those pathogens are very different from the new coronavirus, and experts said it’s unlikely that these are cases of people getting infected a second time.

“I’m not saying that reinfection can’t occur, will never occur, but in that short time it’s unlikely,” said Florian Krammer, a virologist at the Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai in New York.

2 minutes ago, knitro said:

Also, basically every American sport in season (and even those who aren't like the NFL, but have a ton of activity this time of year) has suspended. If I were a betting man, we won't play this weekend. 

NFL draft is in danger of being held behind closed doors from what I've read.

1 hour ago, kyleolly said:

Watch Brendan’s press conference instead of panicking about the virus

Who's panicking?. As it stands we have 3 players in a 7 day period of self isolation, as per the clubs statement. I feel therefore that the match should be postponed.
If its not then it would be useful to know the premier leagues guidelines. What if 6 players were out?

Edited by bart

According to the club’s statement, the 3 players haven’t been tested and are just self isolating. As there are no test results to wait for, I presume the Watford game is still on. Hopefully none of the 3 players are starters or we’ll be even more weakened than we already are. In particular Justin and Tielemans who will be needed to fill in for the injuries.