Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

4 hours ago, Tom12345 said:

Yeah, I agree with you. Was only clarifying for others what is normally regarded as an airborne virus which this one is not.

But yeah, this appears to be quite contagious so to avoid this being a public health disaster (eg. load on the health system), I support taking quick decisive action and everyone changing their habits to be ultra hygienic.

Stay healthy.

You too and all FT folks. We all disagree at times but we're all City supporters with a mutual interest. Stay safe friends!

• Like 1

They haven’t got the corona virus they have symptoms so they might have a cough essentially if 3 Watford players were feeling under the weather would you expect the game to be postponed, look at lasagne gate half the spurs squad had food poisoning and they weren’t allowed to postpone their game v West Ham 

32 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Quite strange that it's a full house at Rangers now, and a good European away following there too.

Tried watching the wolves game, and it’s impossible without the noise of the fans, switched over to the rangers game, not the same quality but far more watchable. Goes to show that Sky etc are not selling football, they’re selling the atmosphere

• Like 2

6 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The 1939–1940 season was the 65th season of competitive football in England. In September 1939, shortly after World War II was declared, most football competitions were abandoned as the country's attention turned to the war effort.[1] Regional league competitions were set up instead; appearances in these tournaments do not count in players' official records. A few leagues, such as the Northern League, did manage to complete a season, but more than half of the teams were unable to fulfil all their fixtures and resigned. Many footballers signed up to fight in the war[1] and as a result many teams were depleted, and fielded guest players instead – Crystal Palace fielded 186 different players during the seven wartime seasons.[2] The FA Cup was resumed for the 1945-46 season and The Football League for the 1946-47 season.

looks like they just started again - with no promotion or relegation... but it was only sept when they suspended it... in those days they would have only play one or two matches by then

Straight from the Hutch? He knows everything 

players I wouldn’t want to have the virus: Vardy, Wilf, Evans, Kasper, Barnes, Ricky. Players I wouldn’t mind if they do...

Seriously though the season is finished now.The lockdown will begin next week and won’t be relaxed for several weeks. I guess we will enter a mini league in summer to allow Spurs, Arsenal and Man U back into the Champs League and the Premiere supremos will get their way again 😑

• Like 1

7 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

The 1939–1940 season was the 65th season of competitive football in England. In September 1939, shortly after World War II was declared, most football competitions were abandoned as the country's attention turned to the war effort.[1] Regional league competitions were set up instead; appearances in these tournaments do not count in players' official records. A few leagues, such as the Northern League, did manage to complete a season, but more than half of the teams were unable to fulfil all their fixtures and resigned. Many footballers signed up to fight in the war[1] and as a result many teams were depleted, and fielded guest players instead – Crystal Palace fielded 186 different players during the seven wartime seasons.[2] The FA Cup was resumed for the 1945-46 season and The Football League for the 1946-47 season.

looks like they just started again - with no promotion or relegation... but it was only sept when they suspended it... in those days they would have only play one or two matches by then

Also says on wiki for the 1940-41 season. Meaning Man City win the league

02A224E0-273B-41AD-BA12-67D718E6A40A.png

Edited by yorkie1999

23 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Tried watching the wolves game, and it’s impossible without the noise of the fans, switched over to the rangers game, not the same quality but far more watchable. Goes to show that Sky etc are not selling football, they’re selling the atmosphere

Had £5 e/w on Leverkusen to win the Europa. They were 25/1 before the last 32 stage with most firms. Thought it was a great price. 

If we lose at Watford and some of our first team are forced to sit it out.  Quite rightly we’ll go into meltdown here.

if they only have symptoms then do you play them?  How would Watford feel about that if one turns out to be infected.  Would you want to tackle the guys that are suspected?  I don’t know.

it’s a bit of nightmare.  This is different to flu, catch it and while you probably won’t die you could pass it on to relatives who are elderly,

I would cancel it as in a week or so I think the whole season will be cancelled.

2 minutes ago, Finn Claw II said:

If we lose at Watford and some of our first team are forced to sit it out.  Quite rightly we’ll go into meltdown here.

if they only have symptoms then do you play them?  How would Watford feel about that if one turns out to be infected.  Would you want to tackle the guys that are suspected?  I don’t know.

it’s a bit of nightmare.  This is different to flu, catch it and while you probably won’t die you could pass it on to relatives who are elderly,

I would cancel it as in a week or so I think the whole season will be cancelled.

I think that’s why the players haven’t been named keep the Watford players second guessing 

28 minutes ago, oxtonfox said:

players I wouldn’t want to have the virus: Vardy, Wilf, Evans, Kasper, Barnes, Ricky. Players I wouldn’t mind if they do...

Seriously though the season is finished now.The lockdown will begin next week and won’t be relaxed for several weeks. I guess we will enter a mini league in summer to allow Spurs, Arsenal and Man U back into the Champs League and the Premiere supremos will get their way again 😑

Almost certain to happen or one off play off to decide the top 4. No way will the league just be allowed to finish as it stands now. Too many big clubs with too much to lose.

• Like 2