Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

3 Players Show Signs/Symptoms of Coronavirus

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

It is time to suspend the season and tell everyone to stay away from training grounds and stadiums until further notice. 

If we have to cancel the season, so be it. If we miss out on the Champions League, so be it. I'm sure we'll be compensated and our players and fans are put in a better place health-wise.

U Wot m8? 

Are you having a laugh?

:thumbdown:

2 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Steady on mate.

The club will cope. Financially we aren't reliant on Champions League football, it's a bonus to achieve it. We may even miss out anyway with our form, fixtures and injury situation. You never know.

I think the season will continue at some point- whether we're allowed to be there to see it is another thing. But we have to be prepared to accept the Champions League may not happen.

19 minutes ago, Harrydc said:

I think it's madness how all these footballers have got it. Makes me think it's because they have the funding to get private testing. Could be tens of thousands of us with it and we don't even know it

I had all the symptoms for it last week, rang both my GP and 111 who spent the time telling me to go back to the other and yet due to never having any knowingly contacted anyone who has been to any affected country, then I can't confirm either way if I had it.

Now I'm not saying I definitely had it or not, but there are definitely going to be people in my sort of situation there who did have it, and they had no way of confirming it.

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

I had all the symptoms for it last week, rang both my GP and 111 who spent the time telling me to go back to the other and yet due to never having any knowingly contacted anyone who has been to any affected country, then I can't confirm either way if I had it.

Now I'm not saying I definitely had it or not, but there are definitely going to be people in my sort of situation there who did have it, and they had no way of confirming it.

FFS Dan. Get off here. I don't want your virus.

• Like 1

The reality is that the timelines for the pandemic will take us past when the season would ordinarily finish anyway and that's if a suspension was put into effect now. I think the season should be terminated now and league standings to be fixed as league positions currently sit. Coronavirus isn't going away anytime soon so its pointless trying to find ways of adapting to it given the bigger picture.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

The reality is that the timelines for the pandemic will take us past when the season would ordinarily finish anyway and that's if a suspension was put into effect now. I think the season should be terminated now and league standings to be fixed as league positions currently sit. Coronavirus isn't going away anytime soon so its pointless trying to find ways of adapting to it given the bigger picture.

See it sits uneasy with me that those in the relegation zone should go down without having the chance to get themselves out of it. Of course there's no right or wrong answer here and I suppose In the grand scheme of things it won't matter.

3 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

See it sits uneasy with me that those in the relegation zone should go down without having the chance to get themselves out of it. Of course there's no right or wrong answer here and I suppose In the grand scheme of things it won't matter.

The number of games teams have played also varies.

7 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

Not sure if mentioned but when the Chile league had to cancel everyone’s spots remained but without relegation, top 2 from the second division came up and they had a 22 team league the next season. Harsh on the teams in the play offs but can’t help but feel relegating anyone with games left is worse.

58 minutes ago, majaco said:

How does football matter currently?  

Cuz we have a shot at Europe again next season and in my 30 years following city CL football was a major highlight.

That plus if we lift the fa cup and I don't witness it

That like not seeing my kids born.

So of course it matters.

7 minutes ago, deejdeej said:

I see your point completely and if it was in the great escape season we'd have the same problem with relegation. I just think however that this can get either messy, messy and even messier, or the PL could make a black and white decision and call it a day. The PL runs the risk of teams playing significantly more games than others the longer this goes on with scheduling etc, together with all of the other implications that will come into play, mainly financial etc 

30 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

I have all the symptoms of it now down to the letter. I also come into contact with a massive amount of people through work. 111 just told me to self isolate. You would think they would want to confirm one way or the other so they could trace back if necessary. Piss poor.

• Sad 2

What about this.  Freeze the standings, no relegations, and the top 2 teams at each level get promoted.  PL et al play with 20 teams next season.  Is that totally ludicrous?  I have no idea if it could even work. lol

The hard truth is, there may very well not be a season next year either - we have to face that possibility, though by no means try to avoid it at all costs.  If indeed 50-70% of the population are eventually going to be infected as many predict, that's going to take multiple years to play out.

Edited by Deeg67

Just now, Larry_LCFC said:

I have all the symptoms of it now down to the letter. I also come into contact with a massive amount of people through work. 111 just told me to self isolate. You would think they would want to confirm one way or the other so they could trace back if necessary. Piss poor.

I think they're doing it because quite simply they won't be able to cope with the numbers but ultimately they're relying on a lot of people managing themselves here - but the sad thing is I don't really see an alternative.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Larry_LCFC said:

The official figures are about 600 UK cases.  Estimates suggest the reality is 10,000