Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

What will a post covid19 game at the kp be like?

12 hours ago, fox_up_north said:

I've had an email telling me a gig I booked tickets for in July has rescheduled to 2021. Absolutely no chance you'll get a packed stadium for another two years, in my eyes.

Not sure I get the relevance?  All gigs for the next few months are going to be rescheduled.

On 24/04/2020 at 19:06, Paninistickers said:

Dunno about the KP but i reckon there'll be significantly less old biddies following us away from home

Instead we will have some of the younger ones filming themselves in the concourse throwing beer around and bragging to their mates on social media whoooo look at me

• Like 1

Well I'm over in Japan.  Even though I can't attend regularly, am missing football so much.   I'm guessing that when this virus is eventually died out or is cured, the atmosphere from everyone that has been stuck indoors will create the best atmosphere at stadiums all over the UK.

Stay safe my FB friends 🙏

• Like 1

9 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Yes because we wouldn’t be ripped by away fans at all for that 

Guessing if we have to resort to face masks to attend football. The away fans would have to follow suit, otherwise there won't be any in the ground to rip us.

41 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Guessing if we have to resort to face masks to attend football. The away fans would have to follow suit, otherwise there won't be any in the ground to rip us.

Good job those that went to Burnley away this season were given snoods we could always wear them

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

Not sure I get the relevance?  All gigs for the next few months are going to be rescheduled.

As in, if a gig that was only about 1500 people has been rescheduled until next summer, I can't see a stadium full of 35,000+ being ready to go by the end of the year. 

1 hour ago, Bayfox said:

I’m guessing if we have to wear masks still there won’t be any football to attend. 

They’re not going to allow 32,000 people in the same space with only masks as protection. 

29 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

As in, if a gig that was only about 1500 people has been rescheduled until next summer, I can't see a stadium full of 35,000+ being ready to go by the end of the year. 

But larger concerts have been rescheduled for later this year, some have to be rescheduled until next year because there simply isn't the slots available.  I was just wondering why you thought 2 years.

Guest MattP
On 24/04/2020 at 13:47, Freeman's Wharfer said:

My guess would be that we’ll see fans back in stadiums (perhaps with restrictions like the wearing of masks) by September. But that’s just a guess of course.

If the risk to public health is still so severe that mask wearing is necessary then we surely have no chance of the public congregating in stadiums.  

Unfortunately I'm pretty certain mass gatherings are going to be off until we either achieve herd immunity or a vaccination.  That's probably a year away.

10 minutes ago, Hales said:

So spurs, west ham and arsenal are all back training. Wonder if we will too?

The headgroundsman at LCFC mentioned to my Step-Father a couple of weeks ago that certain players have already return for training.

However, with obviously this pandemic in mind, players are coming to train in two parts:

A bunch of players come to train on the pitches at an allocated time first and, when they finish their session, there's a break-gap of an hour (where no one can enter the training facilities); and, after this halted period, the second group of players are allowed to enter the training ground.

Wonder if others with club contacts know more about player returns etc ( @Bert, @Abrasive fox )?

So that they don't pass each other when entering/leaving the training ground/the car park etc.

Edited by Wymsey
  • Like 1

I think society and sport will change post this crisis. Money will go out the game as sponsors will no longer be able to offer the Premier league the same type of deals. This will depress wages and transfer fees for a while imo, with a lot more emphasis on bringing through young players rather than signing other players. 

I think this crisis has thought us all about the realities of life. Fast food, sport and going out are not essential and I think everyone's lifestyle will adapt to differing degrees post this crisis. People will still watch football, but I don't think with the same enthusiasm as before. We've never had a break from football in our lifetimes, and whilst we may think we need it we are surviving and I'm sure most of us have found new hobbies. I reckon initially everyone will come back and the atmosphere will be great but some people's new hobbies may play a greater importance to them and they may follow football less closely or passionately. 

• Like 1