Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxinsocks

What will a post covid19 game at the kp be like?

Papers are starting to speculate about life in offices, shops and factories trying to maintain 2m of social distancing.... for a year or more.... how will we ever be able to go to a game?

This season will either be finished or abandoned... either way I was looking forward to our European tour?  How will that work?

Edited by foxinsocks

21 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

I honestly don't think it's worth worrying about.

For the record I still think this season gets finished behind closed doors, as for Europe forget it, even if it happens, you wont be allowed to travel away in my eyes.*

But honestly I will wait as long as it takes until we are told it's our choice to attend. And when we can, it's gonna be amazing. Close to Everton levels of anticipation i reckon.

But I wouldn't lose to much sleep over it.

*but i will forever be pissed at the bat eating or lab testing willy pullers that have ruined CL football for my boy.

I thought the season would get finished behind closed doors too... but recent mutterings plus the difficulty in keeping a squad covid free may scupper that.

I wouldnt be surprised now if it was a year before crowds attend a game!

I remain in hope that our champions league campaign won’t be destroyed if we do get there.

There are some countries (such as the Netherlands) just re-starting their season in September and I assume that is because they think by then there will be some form of normality.

It’s not like all flights have been cancelled during this period (there are still planes in the sky albeit less than usual) and I doubt there will be any restriction saying you can’t fly somewhere unless a country has closed its borders. The issue is whether an airline can operate. In a complete lockdown they obviously can’t but if you’re saying no travel til the end of this year then wave goodbye to your entire travel industry.

I think there are also questions around how well the virus spreads outdoors vs indoors which may have some impact.

In summary, I think people are too quick to take the current scenario and apply it to the rest of the year immediately just because they here phrases like “some social distancing measures will remain”. The objective here is not to completely stop the spread - that’s impossible - it’s to make sure that the spread happens at a pace you can cope with from a health service perspective. And let’s also remember that some countries have managed this better and will have games in front of fans quicker than we might do here.

My guess would be that we’ll see fans back in stadiums (perhaps with restrictions like the wearing of masks) by September. But that’s just a guess of course.

The number of fans present will be determined by the social distancing rules of a 2m separation. According to my calculations, based on a width of 30cm for each seat,  only 4,800 will be watching . Martin Tyler will still refer to a packed KP

Edited by 49er

17 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I've had an email telling me a gig I booked tickets for in July has rescheduled to 2021. Absolutely no chance you'll get a packed stadium for another two years, in my eyes.

I’ve had a gig rescheduled for September, so may not be the case.

The reality is that it's too early to say. The UK experts seem to often refer to the virus not being a huge issue in the open air, so if you can work on restrictions for all the other things that go along with a match such as travelling, getting into the stadium, concourses etc then it might not be deemed high risk. 

I think with football it will be perception more than anything. The likelihood is that public transport, shops and work places are going to the main places where the virus spreads, but if you are asking the public to obey to any sort of distancing or restrictions then it looks bad when you have a football stadium packed with people...even if the science suggests it's low risk.

There was a mention in the papers that the gov recognised the moral boosting impact of  sport... I just can't see attending a match fitting with any social distancing rules.  I am sure many of us would be prepared to attend... but I cant see it being allowed to happen.... why not a pub or night club or theatre?

Edited by foxinsocks

There are several countries going flat out to produce a vaccine to give immunity to the virus.  When this is discovered & there is enough to treat everyone, this could well be the point when sport & entertainment could get back to normal???

Personally whilst there is still a chance of being infected by the virus, I will not be in a stadium with 32,000 supporters!

• Thanks 1