Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

1 hour ago, Raw Dykes said:

I think they're after Slimani, as well.

£20m, Slimani & Ghezzal and we’ll laugh at them.

31 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's a right footed left winger but absolutely mustard.

My bad, I guess I still need to learn my right from my left 😂 all this Castagne business about being a right back who can play left back but I still want us to get another left back has scrambled my head a bit.

19 minutes ago, shailen said:

Got the Fiorentia job on FM and this guy got me the Serie A title almost single handedly. Left for Man City for £90m the following summer. Based on that, the guy is worth it 😂

That’s all the evidence we need!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Grantham Fox said:

Just saw someone on Facebook mention Chiesa is available for £40m from Fiorentina. Left footed right winger. Think he’d be worth a punt, maybe if we could incorporate Ghezzal into the deal too as they want him. Admittedly I haven’t seen much of him, but heard good things.

Looks like he's on his way to AC Milan:

https://sempremilan.com/pm-milan-agree-contract-as-chiesa-says-yes-to-milan-move-talks-with-fiorentina-begin

• Sad 1

52 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Wouldn't surprise me if we weren't considering Andreas Pereira from Man Utd now he's been made available for transfer, especially with van de Beek signing. 

We have a record of having longer-term targets and following up on them - Castagne, Dragovic, Adrien Silva - and we've been linked with Pereira for a number of seasons. 

But would Man Utd sell to a rival club? :) 

I don't think we're a rival anymore

1 hour ago, shailen said:

Would anyone take Fabian Delph as a LB option? Surely he'd be available for cheap, a decent player and a leader from what I saw in that Man City documentary. We need to add some strong characters into the squad imo. 

Walking sicknote

Kabak is a monster, him and Cags would be fearsome. Evans has been class but it's looking like he doesn't want to sign a new contract so sell Evans and buy Kabak now while he's still under the radar. 

Edited by Gwyn
Auto correct
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

I was hoping that we'd have another body in by now we desperately need another CB and forward. Right now we've not improved or squad with 1 in and 1 out.

Same here, but there's still over a month of the window to go.

We may have improved the squad already if Castagne is more consistent than Chilwell.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

We may have improved the squad already if Castagne is more consistent than Chilwell.

On the plus side we may also get more out of Barnes.. I’m not particularly sure him and Chilwell liked each other.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

Yes you are right but we're playing a risky game waiting until we've played a few premier league games and a league cup match. 

I've got high hopes for Castagne and he'll probably start at right back but the closer we get to the end of the window I think the less chance there is of prices going down and clubs holding firm as they can't replace in time.

This will especially be the case if we have lost a couple of games or look shit like we did last season and clubs can see we're desperate.

25 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Yes you are right but we're playing a risky game waiting until we've played a few premier league games and a league cup match. 

I've got high hopes for Castagne and he'll probably start at right back but the closer we get to the end of the window I think the less chance there is of prices going down and clubs holding firm as they can't replace in time.

This will especially be the case if we have lost a couple of games or look shit like we did last season and clubs can see we're desperate.

True - it's always better to get players in earlier in the window, but I'm guessing it's often not possible to do so for various reasons.

It's a very unusual transfer window, and it's difficult to predict what will happen. I agree that clubs will want to keep hold of important players when time is running out, but I think it might also be the case that the asking prices of less important players might come down at some point, whether that's in order to raise funds or to make space for a new signing. If that happens, then other clubs might see value in buying and selling one or two to take advantage. It could set off a chain reaction. I could be completely wrong, of course, and most clubs might just want to stick with what they've got and not take unecessary risks in an uncertain market.

I think clubs might be monitoring the situation to see how the pandemic is affecting value in the market, but if they need to do business, at some point they will have to dip in.

It might be the case that we are trying to work out how many signings we can make our budget stretch to, and that we have to settle for 2 more instead of 3, for example.

• Like 1

West Ham are going to replace Diangana with Benrahma and they might actually be slowly putting together a useful side. Moves is renown for making teams hard to beat but with their attacking and creative options they could well make top 10 next season. I want Benrahma here but I don't see where he fits in.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

West Ham are going to replace Diangana with Benrahma and they might actually be slowly putting together a useful side. Moves is renown for making teams hard to beat but with their attacking and creative options they could well make top 10 next season. I want Benrahma here but I don't see where he fits in.

Diangana > benrahma, he struggled with injuries halfway through the season but first half he was unplayable for west brom aside from some poor finishing, really poor business from west ham tbh.

Edited by honeybradger

Just now, honeybradger said:

Diangana > benrahma, he struggled with injuries halfway through the season but first half he was unplayable for west brom aside from some poor finishing.

Benrahma's stats are off the scale back end of last season. Will be interesting to see how they both do in the PL, I like Benrahma's constant involvement. Not many wingers/attacking midfielders like him. Buendia is one and he did OK but nothing special, lets see if Benrahma does any better.

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Benrahma's stats are off the scale back end of last season. Will be interesting to see how they both do in the PL, I like Benrahma's constant involvement. Not many wingers/attacking midfielders like him. Buendia is one and he did OK but nothing special, lets see if Benrahma does any better.

I think Benrahma is going to be a star in all honesty.

• Like 1