Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

Based on tonight’s game, we desperately need a viable back up to Vards. Kelechi can’t cut it as a lone striker. Good in a pair though. 

CB also desperately needed. 

Even though he’ll be a big miss, we can maybe last without a permanent replacement for Wilf 

7 hours ago, HoustonFox said:

Based on tonight’s game, we desperately need a viable back up to Vards. Kelechi can’t cut it as a lone striker. Good in a pair though. 

CB also desperately needed. 

Even though he’ll be a big miss, we can maybe last without a permanent replacement for Wilf 

Mentioned it elsewhere, don’t know where his fitness is but sturridge as back up for Vardy wouldn’t be the worst idea.

agree on centre back completely.

mendy is a decent stand in, but his fitness bothers me. I think we may need to get someone in.

I'm much more concerned about CB than holding MF - the mere fact that Wilf was playing there shows how thin we are.  Benkovic simply can't get healthy and Wes is totally past it against top flight competition - we need another CB desperately.  Mendy can do a job in WIlf's role - we'll actually be more fluid and dangerous going forward, though certainly more vulnerable defensively.  I'm not thrilled with Choudhury playing but in an emergency I feel better about him in MF than Wes or Amartey as a CB.  Even Praet could play a holding role if needed.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Selling Iheanacho right now is an absurd idea.

I don't rate him at all but agreed, he's the only natural striker in the squad other than Vardy, selling him now with less than a fortnight to go in the window you run the risk of not being able to replace him at all. Only way he can be sold is if you can get his replacement in first.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, peach0000 said:

I really think we should offer a contract to Luis Suarez. He failed with his move to Juventus due to a fraudulent attempt at Italian citizenship. Barca seem to be blocking his move to athletico. He seems to be running out of options and we wouldn’t be the worst one for him with his previous relationship with Rodgers.

it’s ambitious but I think we should at least ask the question. All he can do is say no after all!

He is going to Athletico. 

Costa and Suarez up front......

15 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Diallo on loan with option to buy

Buendia on loan with option to buy if Norwich don’t get promoted 

Fofana 

Ideally even more, but realistically only if we can shift Iheanacho Gray Slimani Silva Ghezzal Diabate etc

...with the Ndidi situation a loan would be a great move!!!

I believe he offers more that Ndidi, leadership and great passing range, would love this to happen.

• Like 1