Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

7 hours ago, HighPeakFox said:

Understand the point you're trying to make, but this is hyperbole on acid with a cherry on top.

Really ? You think going through an entire summer window and heading into a new season with Wes as our 3rd CB wouldn't have a huge negative impact on our season? Can't say I agree. 

Just now, ronnup said:

Really ? You think going through an entire summer window and heading into a new season with Wes as our 3rd CB wouldn't have a huge negative impact on our season? Can't say I agree. 

Possibly. That's not quite the same as 'catastrophic' though, is it? 

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Demiral not on pirlos first team sheet, despite looking like they are playing 3atb and de ligt out. Looks like Danilo has been favoured. Wonder if he is not in pirlos plans this year. 

Deadline day signing :yesyes:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Demiral not on pirlos first team sheet, despite looking like they are playing 3atb and de ligt out. Looks like Danilo has been favoured. Wonder if he is not in pirlos plans this year. 

Came on as a sub though. I think the ship has sailed with Demiral unfortunately, I can see him playing at least 20 games for Juve this season fitness permitting.

• Like 1

Find it funny that the media and some on here are trying to sell Lamptey from Brighton already! They only signed him in January and because of lockdown he only made his debut against us in June! lol 

Also, he's another 'one Chelsea let go....' be interesting to see how much pressure his impressive performances put on Reece James, who was in effect chosen over him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Find it funny that the media and some on here are trying to sell Lamptey from Brighton already! They only signed him in January and because of lockdown he only made his debut against us in June! lol 

Also, he's another 'one Chelsea let go....' be interesting to see how much pressure his impressive performances put on Reece James, who was in effect chosen over him. 

Chelsea only let him go because he wouldn't sign a new deal and it was up this summer.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Yeah because Reece James was clearly in front of him... 

Which was fair enough, although I actually think James future lies as a defensive midfielder than a right back. Chelsea may regret this one. It is difficult to keep all young players though, especially if you have a couple coming through in the same position. Its hard enough for 1 to come through, but we've seen with Luke Thomas coming through and the Calvin Bassey fcuk off to Rangers. 

• Like 1

On 10/06/2020 at 22:37, sacreblueits442 said:

...he can play both sides!!

Barnes has rightfully made the left hand side his own and the position is for him to lose. Bailey on the right in an inverted role would definitely add more firepower to our attack. Cengiz Under would also meet that criteria but I feel Rodgers is not looking to go down that route and Perez will command the position on the right.

...Glad it all worked out!!!

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

People on here talking about signing Brighton players... They would come at a huge premium, not worth it at all. Respect the deals they make and the players they have, but admire them from afar because it would not be very economically intelligent to pursue any of them outside of exceptional circumstances.

Nail on head. The time to go for these players is before they go to Brighton.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Would be all over that. Cant he play further up at LW too? 

He can, and has.

I think Sessegnon is one of those youngsters that's so talented you grab them if you have the chance and worry about the fit later - if you can.  But I don't think we're the sort of club that can drop 20 million on a guy who'd basically be a luxury purchase for the moment, even if this is a great opportunity.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RonnieTodger said:

Spurs listening to offers for Sessegnon. 

I don't think we'll sign another LB but I'd be all over that. Still only 20.

..not sure where he is going wrong, I was never sure about him when he came on the scene!!!

He seems to have shed a lot of weight and does not look the highly technical player that first came on the scene.He looks an average player and not someone we should be throwing money at.