Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

2 hours ago, Max Power said:

Ollie Watkins has a low release clause (£10m) apparently. Can out wide and also up with Vardy (and maybe eventually replace him) 

I’ve said it before. All of Brentford’s front three lol  as well as all there scouting setup. They always seem to be bringing in terrific youths. 

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

I’ve said it before. All of Brentford’s front three lol  as well as all there scouting setup. They always seem to be bringing in terrific youths. 

..just took a look at Watkins..!!!

Certainly very busy and surprisingly good, for £10m it is a giveaway.

What makes him so prolific is the ethos of Brentford getting men in the box and the unselfish play by the forwards, reminds me so much of Southampton back in the Lalana days.

That way of playing could only have been drilled into them by their manager and obviously the players have bought into it.

Should Rodgers choose to vacate his post, we could do a lot worse that getting the Brentford manager and his coaching team here.

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

Ollie Watkins has a low release clause (£10m) apparently. Can out wide and also up with Vardy (and maybe eventually replace him) 

Great shout young keen and very much the type of player we should take a punt on. 

Edited by justfoxes

4 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Daily Mail reporting “all top six clubs looking at Saint-Maximin”. Would love him here personally. X 

Would be hugely overpriced IMO for someone that to date has shown very little end product, even though I think he will go on to be a good player in the PL.

2 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Daily Mail reporting “all top six clubs looking at Saint-Maximin”. Would love him here personally. X 

God knows what he would cost though...

If we signed a winger for £16m and he was our standout player, what would we ask? £50/£60m+...... 

...And if they DO get took over!

20 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Would be hugely overpriced IMO for someone that to date has shown very little end product, even though I think he will go on to be a good player in the PL.

Yeah I take your point. He’s got 3 goals and 4 assists this season I think which isn’t great but then it’s his first season, he’s still pretty young and he’s in a shite team. It’s more of a personal thing for me, I just like the way he plays and we are desperate for a player that can go past people which he certainly can. X 

Edited by RumbleFox

17 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

Yeah I take your point. He’s got 3 goals and 4 assists this season I think which isn’t great but then it’s his first season, he’s still pretty young and he’s in a shite team. It’s more of a personal thing for me, I just like the way he plays and we are desperate for a player that can go past people which he certainly can. X 

Perez got 13 goals for the same shite team last season and Barnes is on 7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions this season and yet he's still get abuse off our fans. I do like Saint-Maxim but he'll cost a lot of money and might not be the finished article, i'd rather we look in Europe or the Championship and get value for money as we need 2-3 players in the summer to strengthen and finances might be a little stretched given the crisis.

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Perez got 13 goals for the same shite team last season and Barnes is on 7 goals and 10 assists in all competitions this season and yet he's still get abuse off our fans. I do like Saint-Maxim but he'll cost a lot of money and might not be the finished article, i'd rather we look in Europe or the Championship and get value for money as we need 2-3 players in the summer to strengthen and finances might be a little stretched given the crisis.

Yeah as I said I take your point. I just like the wee scamp. X 

I'd take both Ollie Watkins and Antonee Robinson as have been mentioned previously. Both should be relatively cheap and both improve the squad massively albeit NOT the starting 11. Like I've said before, the only position of the match day 11 that we need to improve is RW so the cheaper we fill those squad positions, the more money we will have to get the right man in that area. 

IN...

Robinson (£3-5m)

Malang Sarr (free)

Lallana (free)

Fraser (free)

Watkins (£10m)

A top quality RW. (£30m)

OUT.... (if possible)

Fuchs (free)

Morgan (free)

Amartey (£3-5m)

Silva (£3-5m)

Ghezzal (£2m)

Diabate (£1m)

Gray (£7-10m)

Slimani (Take him a drive and leave home In wilderness and pray to fuch he doesn't find his way home)

Admittedly the prices are just guess work but if I'm anywhere in the ballpark then that's a net spend of around £30m and a much stronger squad and team. 

7 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

I'd take both Ollie Watkins and Antonee Robinson as have been mentioned previously. Both should be relatively cheap and both improve the squad massively albeit NOT the starting 11. Like I've said before, the only position of the match day 11 that we need to improve is RW so the cheaper we fill those squad positions, the more money we will have to get the right man in that area. 

IN...

Robinson (£3-5m)

Malang Sarr (free)

Lallana (free)

Fraser (free)

Watkins (£10m)

A top quality RW. (£30m)

OUT.... (if possible)

Fuchs (free)

Morgan (free)

Amartey (£3-5m)

Silva (£3-5m)

Ghezzal (£2m)

Diabate (£1m)

Gray (£7-10m)

Slimani (Take him a drive and leave home In wilderness and pray to fuch he doesn't find his way home)

Admittedly the prices are just guess work but if I'm anywhere in the ballpark then that's a net spend of around £30m and a much stronger squad and team. 

Fuchs and Morgan both signed new 1 year deals 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Would anyone else take a punt on John McGinn if Villa go down? Personally think he's great and offers a lot with his pressing.

Praet, Tielemans, Maddison, McGinn is a solid quartet to rotate with.

Ndidi and Choudhury to rotate the defensive spot of the three.

Add Diallo into that as DM back up and I think you've got it spot on.

• Like 1

Why don’t we go all out for a Columbian triple whammy:

Santiago Arias - from Ath Madrid right back cover until Ricardo is fit £12m

James Rodríguez- £22m

Alfredo Morelos - £18m

keep Vardy happy to have good ties with Colombia too 👀

Guest SO1
1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Would anyone else take a punt on John McGinn if Villa go down? Personally think he's great and offers a lot with his pressing.

Praet, Tielemans, Maddison, McGinn is a solid quartet to rotate with.

Ndidi and Choudhury to rotate the defensive spot of the three.

McGinn was one of the reasons Rodgers left Celtic. Was supposedly a done deal and the director dragged his feet. Giving time to Villa to jump in. Same thing happened to Rodgers at Liverpool when he had Salah in a similar situation. I think Rodgers likes McGinn but like half the players at Celtic we'll never know if he thinks they will fit his vision here.

Just now, sphericalfox said:

Is now the right time to bring in a competitive option for GK?

Is Maignan at Lille worth a punt?

:appl: Interesting question. Kasper is 33 now and  judging by how many appearances Danny and Eldin get, are they really competition?

Guess it depends how many years at this level he has left (performance wise, not contract)  :dunno:

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Would anyone else take a punt on John McGinn if Villa go down?

No, either his head is far too large, or his face is far too small. This must have come up as part of our extensive scouting I suspect.

13 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

IN...

Robinson (£3-5m)

Malang Sarr (free)

Lallana (free)

Fraser (free)

Watkins (£10m)

A top quality RW. (£30m)

OUT.... (if possible)

Fuchs (free)

Morgan (free)

Amartey (£3-5m)

Silva (£3-5m)

Ghezzal (£2m)

Diabate (£1m)

Gray (£7-10m)

Malang Sarr will end up at one of the top European clubs especially being a free transfer. 

If we are serious about challenging for Europe every year, the squad needs some serious investment especially in terms of depth.

In:

Antonee Robinson (22 years old) - £5m

• Fuchs is here for one more year bringing Robinson in a year earlier than needed gives him time to learn and settle in the squad.

Merih Demiral (22 years old) - £30m 

•Demiral is a beast of a centre back, Juventus have been solid at the back since Demiral’s injury so hopefully gives us a chance to bring him in. Demiral can also play either side at centre back.

Lewis Cook (23 years old) - £25m

• John McGinn would be my preferred choice IF Villa are to get relegated, however if they don’t I would look at Lewis Cook, a creative box to box midfielder, who adds more depth to the number 8 position. 

Adam Lallana (32 years old) - free

• Great option as back up to Madders, his experience alone is worth the wages and his knowledge of European football will go a long way in the dressing room. 

Leon Bailey (22 years old) - £25m

• Bailey can play either side of the wings, a direct winger, plenty of flair and left footed. Something we have been lacking since Mahrez left. 

Odsonne Edouard (22 years old) - £35m

• Simply to good of an opportunity to miss out on someone like Edouard, he’s already a serious talent and deadly in front of goal. Offers plenty of rotation with Europe expected and eventually be the man to take over from Vardy in a few years time.

Total £120m

Out:

Hamza (Loan) - Keep Mendy for another year let Hamza get regular minutes for his development. 
Amartey - £5m

James - Free

King - Free

Silva - £5m

Kaputska £3m

Gray £10m

Diabate £3m

Ghezzal £3m

Slimani £5m

Total £34m

The total out-cost would be around £90m which I know seems a lot, however remember that the club spent close to nothing last season with the fee received from the Maguire transfer. This is the summer where we need to invest to keep on striving forward.

Edited by Bluearmyfox28
  • Like 2