Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

5 minutes ago, DerbyshireFox said:

Apart from Perez, who is obviously much more effective behind a striker, I have to agree. Fuchs and Albrighton will always have a special place in our history, but if we are looking to push for top 6 on a consistent basis, which is hard enough of a task anyway, we need better depth. It has been obvious for at least two seasons. The starting eleven is clearly capable of top 4 form, but the dearth of quality beyond that has undoubtedly played a part in not being able to sustain that form over a season, not withstanding the loss of confidence/mentality from both squad and it seems manager

Yeah tbf I had the 433 in mind when typing that, if we're playing 352 or something then Perez should probably be at number 10, but definitely shouldn't be starting on the wing.

1 hour ago, Fightforever said:

We need to sell some dead wood.

Mendy, james, amartey, slimani, sliva, diabate and ghezzal.

Problem with that is somebody has to want to buy them!!! There’s a reason nobody has ever come in for them in the past.

6 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If any of these players are in or near our standard 11 next season, we're in big big trouble:

• Wes
  • Amartey
  • Gray
  • Albrighton
  • Perez (If he'd scored or assisted 2 or 3 more I'd rate him a lot more highly)
  • Mendy
  • Fuchs
  • James
  • Bennett

We need a good 60-75 million spending, a CB, a world class winger and then another winger as a bench player for starters (Possibly Lallana?). Depending on where Justins future lies, we'll need another full back too IMO, this could end up being someone from the U23s, I don't take much notice of them so not sure if anyone in there can step up for a few games next season. If not, we could do with some versatile, who can play full back, wing back and on the wing too.

CouldNt agree more. Perez would be one of the first I would sell. Try and recoup some moe unfit him. He’s absolutely useless.

thats a serious overhaul of the squad, where’s the money coming from?? I really fear for us next year. I would imagine all next year transfer targets would have been based on CL qualification too so it’s back to the drawing board and I have zero faith in recruitment. 

I agree with some of the comments on this thread suggesting the need for experienced players to come in. In the event that we get any kind of European football next season it should be infinitely clear that our current squad hasn't got the depth to provide for the extra games, alongside the extra quality we'll need to do well in all competitions. Our injuries have shown just how fragile this we are - moreover how far behind certain players are in adopting our system. You look at someone like Redmond and Armstrong playing tonight and they looks far more incisive than Perez or Albrighton have, even when we were storming the league. I think it's absolutely time to sell as many fringe players as possible and ensure our full matchday squad can have an impact and play our system properly. 

4 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The Perez hate has reached comic levels of absurdity.  He's an excellent squad player and borderline starter on a good team if he's played in position (i.e. centrally).

Agreed. I was impressed with his link up play with Justin, Vardy etc. He’s also and people don’t believe this got a nack for winning the ball back. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, casablancas said:

Agreed. I was impressed with his link up play with Justin, Vardy etc. He’s also and people don’t believe this got a nack for winning the ball back. 

Yep, gets unfair stick. We need a winger but Ayoze and Maddison as competition for number 10 role is good. We need 1 or 2 wingers that can got past people.

at least 1 CB maybe and LB. and if mendy leaves as back up if wilf is out.

33 minutes ago, frany104 said:

And contributed zero goals and zero assists. Silky!!!

So we're selling the whole squad? If you live on stats then maybe don't put yourself through the stress of watching games!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sdb said:

So we're selling the whole squad? If you live on stats then maybe don't put yourself through the stress of watching games!

It’s not living on stats he doesn’t contribute at all. He’s weak, slow, has no skill. What do people see in him apart from he tackles a bit. He’s an attacker not a CDM.

Not so much ‘who I want’ but everything seems to be pointing to us signing

Jannick Vestergaard
William Carvalho 

and Adam Lallana 

for starters, what do people think of these three? Personally, I think they are all quite solid, in terms of bolstering our squad, and giving it more quality in depth. Would rather have these options on our bench than some of those we currently have. We’ll need this for the Europa league, as well.

10 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

The Perez hate has reached comic levels of absurdity.  He's an excellent squad player and borderline starter on a good team if he's played in position (i.e. centrally).

He ranges from good to horrific, I feel he gives/gets knocked off the ball far too easily! He’s better than gray though for me 

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Not so much ‘who I want’ but everything seems to be pointing to us signing

Jannick Vestergaard
William Carvalho 

and Adam Lallana 

for starters, what do people think of these three? Personally, I think they are all quite solid, in terms of bolstering our squad, and giving it more quality in depth. Would rather have these options on our bench than some of those we currently have. We’ll need this for the Europa league, as well.

Direct upgrades on Wes/Bennett, James and King.

Good for depth.

I think they're the sort of signings we should make but i'll be very annoyed if we're not in the market for a proper winger. I have my heart set on Benrahma personally.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Good for depth.

I think they're the sort of signings we should make but i'll be very annoyed if we're not in the market for a proper winger. I have my heart set on Benrahma personally.

Completely agree. I wasn’t saying this is all the players we’ll bring in btw 👍🏼

• Like 2

4 hours ago, frany104 said:

It’s not living on stats he doesn’t contribute at all. He’s weak, slow, has no skill. What do people see in him apart from he tackles a bit. He’s an attacker not a CDM.

Have you not seen how brilliant he's been between the lines in the last few games? His first touch? Drawing opposition players out of position? He's been involved in almost every decent attack we've had and our performances have worsened when he's not on the pitch. Sorry if he's not getting you fantasy football points but he offers a lot more than you're seeing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, frany104 said:

And contributed zero goals and zero assists. Silky!!!

the trio of him, Vardy and Nacho have looked really good, if you cannot see this its because you aren't willing to see whats in front of you

Haven't read through any of the previous pages on here, so apologies if its already been discussed, but now that Norwich are down, I'd love us to sign Emi Buendia. I read that Atletico Madrid are interested, which is slightly surprising that he's THAT highly thought of. But i do think we'd be a good fit for him.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

the trio of him, Vardy and Nacho have looked really good, if you cannot see this its because you aren't willing to see whats in front of you

No they haven’t. We’ve been awful. The one player who has made it look better is nacho. Nothing to do with Perez. Nacho has been linking the midfield and attack by holding up the ball. 

1 hour ago, sdb said:

Have you not seen how brilliant he's been between the lines in the last few games? His first touch? Drawing opposition players out of position? He's been involved in almost every decent attack we've had and our performances have worsened when he's not on the pitch. Sorry if he's not getting you fantasy football points but he offers a lot more than you're seeing. 

Brilliant!? He’s been awful. Contributed to nothing. You are watching an entirely different game to me

5 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Good for depth.

"Depth"

Three signings that are no better than what you already have, three players who'll bloat the squad and probably cost in the range of £30-40m not counting Lallana's wages. The way to add depth is to sign players who'll come in and make the starting 11 better hence marginalising the underperforming players, who'll play most weeks regardless at the moment to squad player roles. 

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 2