Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

20 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Would anyone take John Stones here? I know he’s got a mistake in him, but personally think he’d be quite decent for us at a sensible price.

Don’t think he’s gonna be at Man City much longer with Eric Garcia coming through. 

No wouldn't take him. Very overrated and not been able to perform at the top level with either Man City or England.

Everton got the much better deal in selling him for £50m and replacing him with Mason Holgate. I would like Holgate here but no chance Everton would be selling to us and he too would cost £50m now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

From seeing how we played yesterday with 3 at the back, should we be prioritising wingers/inside forwards who can play in a front 3 this summer? Or players like Gosens and Kostic who can operate at wing back? 

...perhaps the formation we finished with yesterday isn't the way Rodgers wants to play!!!

Although successful, I suspect Rodgers preferred style is the one prior to Christmas just with a better squad..

2 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

From seeing how we played yesterday with 3 at the back, should we be prioritising wingers/inside forwards who can play in a front 3 this summer? Or players like Gosens and Kostic who can operate at wing back? 

Yes. Need a class CB too for that though.

On 29/06/2020 at 11:37, Ashley said:

Won't happen. 

BR openly said in the Q&A at the King Power that he doesn't believe in Target Man/Men. 

Goes against his beliefs however did go on to say should he need someone to hold the ball up or win flick ons he would have put Maguire upfront for the last x amount of minutes. 

@foxfanazer

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

James Rodriguez at Real Madrid apparently wants a new challenge and will let him go for around £22m, I recon he’d be an excellent addition to the foxes? 

Wouldn’t come here pal, plus his wages would be astronomical 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

James Rodriguez at Real Madrid apparently wants a new challenge and will let him go for around £22m, I recon he’d be an excellent addition to the foxes? 

Still living off the handful of decent world cup performances. Besides, someone out there will be daft enough to pay him megabucks a week even though he's been bang average for years. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

I have it!

Young brazilian right winger with flair, played well in France and Spain, powerful build, good dribbler, can score and assist...

Malcom. Only in the Russian league right now for some bizarre reason, but since recovering from his injury he's been a beast for Zenit, and he was a great backup to Messi last season for Barca. Would be available within our price range. A small gamble, but if he passes his medical I would take him in a heartbeat.

...just looked at him on YouTube!!!

You can understand why no one Is beating the door down for his services!!!

Absolutely nothing special in regard to skills, poor end product and the amount of missed one on ones with the keeper.

In those situations, he only needs to wrap his foot around the ball and bend it across the face of the keeper instead of going near post.

Would have to pass up on.this, nowhere near the level that we need.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...just looked at him on YouTube!!!

You can understand why no one Is beating the door down for his services!!!

Absolutely nothing special in regard to skills, poor end product and the amount of missed one on ones with the keeper.

In those situations, he only needs to wrap his foot around the ball and bend it across the face of the keeper instead of going near post.

Would have to pass up on.this, nowhere near the level that we need.

I watched a few games of him in the CL and against Real Madrid in La Liga and he was really dynamic and generally great in a lot of them.