Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nick

Who do you want Summer 2020

33 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is quite a left field shout and it's also pretty pointless because I don't see Rodgers doing it, but I think at a sensible wage Mandzukic wouldn't be a bad signing on a free.

Spurs were quite often a more dangerous team when they had Llorente playing, they could just bypass a team pressing them and that ball would stick like glue. Rodgers is a bit too dogmatic unfortunately, Vardy, Iheanacho and Mandzukic as striking options would be phenomenal.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Spurs were quite often a more dangerous team when they had Llorente playing, they could just bypass a team pressing them and that ball would stick like glue. Rodgers is a bit too dogmatic unfortunately, Vardy, Iheanacho and Mandzukic as striking options would be phenomenal.

When you think how often we're chasing a game and we do just resort to crosses - I find it a bit of an odd mindset really, having a good striker in the air doesnt mean you're necessarily going to play hoofball, and it isn't like we're relying on Vardy to drop deep and be a part of the link up play most of the time anyway.

He's also got a great playing CV and experience at the top European stage. On a free that's worth a year I think.

9 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

When you think how often we're chasing a game and we do just resort to crosses - I find it a bit of an odd mindset really, having a good striker in the air doesnt mean you're necessarily going to play hoofball, and it isn't like we're relying on Vardy to drop deep and be a part of the link up play most of the time anyway.

He's also got a great playing CV and experience at the top European stage. On a free that's worth a year I think.

If wages were a problem Artem Dzyuba’s contract is expiring too, he’s 31 as well so good 3 years younger than Mandzukic 

Mandzukic would be an incredible signing for a season if we get in to Europe. I would much rather us blast the majority of our transfer budget on a top class left footed winger than go for a 3rd striker. Long term Vardy needs replacing but until then I think it's about having options and for the overall balance and progression of the team a winger is the priority.

3 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Why don’t we go all out for a Columbian triple whammy:

Santiago Arias - from Ath Madrid right back cover until Ricardo is fit £12m

James Rodríguez- £22m

Alfredo Morelos - £18m

keep Vardy happy to have good ties with Colombia too 👀

Arias bidding woukd start at £30m+ and much bigger clubs than us in for him. 

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Malang Sarr will end up at one of the top European clubs especially being a free transfer. 

If we are serious about challenging for Europe every year, the squad needs some serious investment especially in terms of depth.

In:

Antonee Robinson (22 years old) - £5m

• Fuchs is here for one more year bringing Robinson in a year earlier than needed gives him time to learn and settle in the squad.

Merih Demiral (22 years old) - £30m 

•Demiral is a beast of a centre back, Juventus have been solid at the back since Demiral’s injury so hopefully gives us a chance to bring him in. Demiral can also play either side at centre back.

Lewis Cook (23 years old) - £25m

• John McGinn would be my preferred choice IF Villa are to get relegated, however if they don’t I would look at Lewis Cook, a creative box to box midfielder, who adds more depth to the number 8 position. 

Adam Lallana (32 years old) - free

• Great option as back up to Madders, his experience alone is worth the wages and his knowledge of European football will go a long way in the dressing room. 

Leon Bailey (22 years old) - £25m

• Bailey can play either side of the wings, a direct winger, plenty of flair and left footed. Something we have been lacking since Mahrez left. 

Odsonne Edouard (22 years old) - £35m

• Simply to good of an opportunity to miss out on someone like Edouard, he’s already a serious talent and deadly in front of goal. Offers plenty of rotation with Europe expected and eventually be the man to take over from Vardy in a few years time.

Total £120m

Out:

Hamza (Loan) - Keep Mendy for another year let Hamza get regular minutes for his development. 
Amartey - £5m

James - Free

King - Free

Silva - £5m

Kaputska £3m

Gray £10m

Diabate £3m

Ghezzal £3m

Slimani £5m

Total £34m

The total out-cost would be around £90m which I know seems a lot, however remember that the club spent close to nothing last season with the fee received from the Maguire transfer. This is the summer where we need to invest to keep on striving forward.

Just don't see us spending a net spend of 90 million, when are net spend over last 5 years is 120 million. Just think its unlikely coupled with the lost income from COVID and losing £17 odd million in 2018/19  and the uncertain nature of next season.

I'd also be surprise if we could off load the players you mentioned. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Malang Sarr will end up at one of the top European clubs especially being a free transfer. 

If we are serious about challenging for Europe every year, the squad needs some serious investment especially in terms of depth.

In:

Antonee Robinson (22 years old) - £5m

• Fuchs is here for one more year bringing Robinson in a year earlier than needed gives him time to learn and settle in the squad.

Merih Demiral (22 years old) - £30m 

•Demiral is a beast of a centre back, Juventus have been solid at the back since Demiral’s injury so hopefully gives us a chance to bring him in. Demiral can also play either side at centre back.

Lewis Cook (23 years old) - £25m

• John McGinn would be my preferred choice IF Villa are to get relegated, however if they don’t I would look at Lewis Cook, a creative box to box midfielder, who adds more depth to the number 8 position. 

Adam Lallana (32 years old) - free

• Great option as back up to Madders, his experience alone is worth the wages and his knowledge of European football will go a long way in the dressing room. 

Leon Bailey (22 years old) - £25m

• Bailey can play either side of the wings, a direct winger, plenty of flair and left footed. Something we have been lacking since Mahrez left. 

Odsonne Edouard (22 years old) - £35m

• Simply to good of an opportunity to miss out on someone like Edouard, he’s already a serious talent and deadly in front of goal. Offers plenty of rotation with Europe expected and eventually be the man to take over from Vardy in a few years time.

Total £120m

Out:

Hamza (Loan) - Keep Mendy for another year let Hamza get regular minutes for his development. 
Amartey - £5m

James - Free

King - Free

Silva - £5m

Kaputska £3m

Gray £10m

Diabate £3m

Ghezzal £3m

Slimani £5m

Total £34m

The total out-cost would be around £90m which I know seems a lot, however remember that the club spent close to nothing last season with the fee received from the Maguire transfer. This is the summer where we need to invest to keep on striving forward.

Happy with your 2,4 5 & 6.

We don't need Robinson or any LB unless Chilwell leaves. Fuchs & JJ can cover next season, Luke Thomas (who needs game time at Championship or at worst L1 level next season) should be ready the season after.

McGinn and Buendia are two who might be on the radar for CM, as might Diallo. But if we get, as I suspect we will, Lallana, we don't need another creative AM as he can tick that box plus wide in a three.

Stengs or Bailey should do nicely to line up with Barnes next season.

And if we're ever going to play two up top, Edouard is a must! (He'd be worth looking at as a Vardy successor anyway). 

I'd keep Hamza & let Mendy go, and good luck getting £3M for either Diabate or Ghezzal, but we're mostly on the same page here!

• Like 1

Watching Chelsea, they are going to be a force next year with the signings they have made.  

Hard to think they can afford to let Willian go, and cant see Barkley getting a game next year at all either.   Both would be a good options for us, assuming no one bigger swoops in for Willian.  

33 minutes ago, AS78UK said:

Watching Chelsea, they are going to be a force next year with the signings they have made.  

Hard to think they can afford to let Willian go, and cant see Barkley getting a game next year at all either.   Both would be a good options for us, assuming no one bigger swoops in for Willian.  

Willian honestly isn't that good, this is his best season goal wise and that's because he's been on penalties. He's 31 and his wages would be silly for the return we'd get,

1533822256_Screenshot2020-07-07at19_06_52.png.318e988c08fb2d97006c0d0709254357.png

Willian would be a brilliant signing for us. Not everything comes down to stats because there's a lot of players who start moves without necessarily finishing them. His wages would be obscene, that's the only issue for me. He's far better than our current options.

15 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Willian would be a brilliant signing for us. Not everything comes down to stats because there's a lot of players who start moves without necessarily finishing them. His wages would be obscene, that's the only issue for me. He's far better than our current options.

Chelsea fans don't rate him that highly. Properly flatters to deceive 

Inter have got far too many midfielders and it doesn’t look as if Gagliardini is first choice. Would add the physicality that we’re missing and he’s tidy on the ball too, I’m not sure if he’d be chomping at the bit for a move here or they’d be that keen to sell but I’d rather him than Carvalho.

12 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

This is quite a left field shout and it's also pretty pointless because I don't see Rodgers doing it, but I think at a sensible wage Mandzukic wouldn't be a bad signing on a free.

Tell me we had less chance of pinching that game earlier with Mandzukic on the pitch instead of Perez.

Edited by Dan LCFC

Whatever happened to Ryan Sessegnon? 

Rave reviews as an LB, transferred to Spurs and I haven't seen him.

Is he worth a look if Ben leaves